Chapter 1 - First Met

A Heart to Love (sequel of A Walk to Remember)

 

First Met

 

*KRIS

The lift was opened and a girl walked in. I chose to ignore her as I was reading the morning newspaper. But then, her scent caught my surprise and I looked up to stare at her. She was wearing a white dress, her long hair tied up in a ponytail. She looked at me and smiled. I gulped.

“Kang Seira???” I asked her. She raised her eyebrows at me.

“Pardon??? My name is Seohyun…” she said, glaring at me with disgust before she looked away. I sighed but then I caught the sight of the scarf she was wearing on her neck. I pulled out the same scarf from inside my pocket and started comparing them. It was exactly the same, their looks, their scarves, their scent and all. I stared back at her and throwing my newspaper away, I grabbed her body to face me.

“You are Seira, right??? Don’t joke around me!!! I know who you are…I’m Kris…Kris Wu!!! Can’t you remember me???” I asked her in frustration as she struggled to get away from me.

“Let me go, you ert!!!” she said loudly and her hand landed on my face. She had slapped me hard on my face. The lift was opened again and she stepped out. I gulped as I picked up my newspaper and ran after her.

“Sei…” I started as I grabbed her dress but…

“AHHHHHH!!! YOU ERT!!! STAY AWAY FROM MEEEE!!!” the girl named Seohyun yelled at me as I stared up at her, looking apologetic. I had pulled off her dress’s zip and she was standing with only her bra on. Struggling to keep her dress covering her body, she started chasing me and I ran away, saying sorry again and again.

“You’re so dead!!!”, she yelled on top of her lungs as I cornered around a door to use the stairs instead. I glanced back at her over my shoulder.

“Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I’m so sorry, Seohyun sshi!!!”, now I knew that she was no Kang Seira. Her pretty face that glowed reddish because of the anger toward me had proved enough to me that she was a totally different person. We ran down the staircase until we were out of breath and stopped at one of the floors inside this apartment. I panted as I leaned my body on the wall beside me. She had now stopped running as she supported her body by holding on the rail of the stairs. We both struggled to calm our breath again. I tried to look at her only to realize that she had shot me with her murderous stares.

“Look…I’m terribly sorry…that I…em, accidently…well, you know…”, I started to explain but unable to form a proper sentence since her image of half body still lingered inside my mind. Bonus, she has a perfect curve! I pushed away the dirty thought in my mind as I stole another glance toward her. Seohyun exhaled loudly before she bit her lips.

“You’re so gonna pay for this!”, she told me and hastily walked over to me. I widened my eyes down at her.

“What??? What are you going to do???”, I asked and blinked like a helpless puppy. She smirked.

“I’m sending you to your new house…now move!”, she said determinedly and grabbed me by my collar. Speechlessly, I followed her as I felt my body being dragged by her.

“Huh??? He ually harassed you???”, I changed my eyes to look from the policeman to Seohyun. She sat next to me, arms crossed in front of her body. Then she glared sideway at me and nodded.

“Yeah…he pulled my zip to make me topless…so you better do something and stuck him inside the smallest and dirtiest cell ever!!!”, she requested to the policeman. I hissed and slammed my hands on the table, causing the people around us to turn at Seohyun and me.

“That’s a blind accusation! I never intend to harass her or something…I don’t even know her and plus, she doesn’t even have any evidence to send me into that so called smallest and dirtiest cell ever!”, I copied her sentence earlier and Seohyun chuckled.

“My eyes are more than enough to proof that you’re a desperate ert! And for your information, Mr. Alien…none of the bad guys willing to admit that they are at fault after all!”, she argued back. I wanted to open my mouth again, bashing her but the policeman held up his hands.

“Okay…okay…calm down, both of you…hmmm…let’s see…miss…”, he said and looked up to her.

“Seohyun…”, she finished for him. I silently gulped down my throat. She shared the same ‘S’ as Seira.

“Yeah…Ms. Seohyun…I need to make confirm that your report about him is indeed true…so can you please give us sometimes to investigate about this???”, the policeman asked. I nodded my head in agreement but she shook her head instead.

“How on Earth can you investigate??? You want to check the CCTV of the elevator??? Huh! Such a waste! I changed my mind…I want to sue him!”, Seohyun replied and that made me laughed wickedly at her.

“That’s better…because money is not a problem for me…tell me how much do you need and I’ll give, instantly…but, in one condition…”, I said playfully to her. She jerked her eyebrow.

“Spit it out, you y…”, she said coldly to me. I winked at her.

“How about your contact number and…maybe a day out with me???”, I offered her, insisted to know more about her. Seohyun clicked her tongue as she bit her lips in disbelief after hearing my requests. I smiled unashamedly to her.

“See…I told you, he is intended to make a ual harassment to me!”, she yelled to the policeman and pointed a finger straight to my face. I blinked at her.

“I only asked for a date…not more than that…”, I told her innocently and she cursed under her breath. Suddenly our ears caught sound of something –cheerful music. It was a song entitled ‘Illa Illa’ sang by Juniel that rang inside this station. Hastily, Seohyun zipped off her handbag and pulled out her phone. She stared down at the caller ID for awhile before she sighed.

“Hello…”, she answered after clearing . I stay transfixed as I looked closely on her face. Every inch of her face copied exactly like Seira –no flaw at all. The only different was my Seira always looked a bit pale –well she was a ghost while this Seohyun looked refreshing with her rosy cheeks.

“Yeah…I’ve been there…she is okay…”, I heard in silence as the policeman shook his head and resumed flipping through the documents on his table. Then I saw Seohyun bit her lips, she frowned like she was hesitated for something. After quite long minute wrapped her conversation, she finally nodded.

“Yes…I got it…I’ll be there…at the very same place…”, she agreed with the latter and shut her phone at once. She glanced down to her wrist watch.

“Sorry…I have to go…”, she easily concluded and stood up to excuse herself. I changed weird looks with the policeman before I got up from my own seat and ran after her.

“Seohyun sshi!”, I called out to her. Now we had reached the parking area outside the station. I heard her groaned but she turned to me.

“You better be grateful that I let you go this time!”, she told me and hastily walked away again. I followed her steps with my eyes as Seohyun got into her fabulous branded car and zoomed away. I chuckled, placing my hands on my waist.

“I prefer if you don’t let me go, Seohyun sshi…”, I mumbled alone as I heard the loud beating of my heart, hammering inside my chest. What should I do??? I have fallen in love with her at the very first sight. I didn’t want to let her gone just like that so I silently etched a reminder inside my mind that someday, we will definitely meet again.

-A Heart to Love-

Seohyun walked out from the elevator with weak steps. Her shoulders slummed down in despair as she stood before one of the doors inside this condominium. She darted her eyes up to it, staring emptily on the door. Then she sighed and sliced the card to unlock the door. At once, it beeped and Seohyun pushed the door for her to step in.

“I’m here…”, she said but no one answer her. Seohyun scanned around the luxurious living room and realized that she was alone inside the suite. So she walked over to enter the master bedroom. She threw her handbag on the bed and walked over to the dressing table. Seohyun sat down on the chair.

“I’m back…to become his again…”, she said to her reflection as a tear escaped from the corner of her eye. She quickly wiped it away and sniffed slowly. Then she took a deep breath before she stood up again. She made her way to approach the nearby closet and got a seductive bright red dress out from it. She went to take her bath and changed into the sleeveless gown. From the simple and natural makeup earlier, Seohyun had now masked her innocence face with thick eyeliner around her eyes and shimmering kissable lipstick on her lips. Once she was ready, she left the room to wait at the living room.

“Hi, Seobaby…I’m back…”, Seohyun was grabbed out from her train of thoughts when she heard a man greeted her from behind. She put on the fake sweet smile on her face and turned to look at him.

“Welcome home, Mr. Cho…”, she said but the man had came nearer to her. He bent down his face toward her and cupped her cheeks with only one hand. The man grinned annoyingly to her as Seohyun held back the murderous grudge toward this old heck.

“I told you, baby…don’t call me so formal like that…just call me…what???”, he tested her, tilting his head to a side so that his ear could face instead. Seohyun gulped down . She felt that she could vomit any time from now. But she giggled, pretending to be pleasure with his joke as she learned closer to whisper into his ear.

“Darling…”, she addressed him seductively and the old man turned his head again. Aggressively, he grabbed her neck and forced his lips to paste on hers. Seohyun clutched her hands on the couch, gripping so hard on it as she felt he explored her lips like a hungry dog. This was her daily life, trying her hard to entertain this almost dying brat but she has no other choice. She knew that she needs to endure the pain every time she surrendered her body to him because…she is his mistress after all.

-A Heart to Love-

*KRIS

“Yeah…yeah…I’ll fetch you from your school this evening, okay??? See you, sweetie!”, Lay assured his daughter as he pushed his body on the café entrance to walk inside. He snapped closed his phone before he stopped to wonder his eyes around the cafeteria.

“Hey, Lay! Here!”, then he heard his buddies called out to him. Lay spotted them, the five best friends of him sitting around the table at the corner of the shop. He curved a smile to them, showing off his little dimple as he walked over to them.

“Sorry, I’m late! It’s hard to escape from my shop…”, he apologized to them and Luhan laughed. He nodded understandingly and pulled him to sit next to himself. I briefly glared at him.

“Not to mention wasting your time worrying about your baby girl that only stay safely at her kindergarten!”, I snapped at him and he shrugged.

“How many time do I have to tell you that don’t in into someone’s business when you actually never feel how on Earth to carry the burden as a father???”, Lay questioned me sarcastically and we broke into funny laughter. I smirked but then I smiled and rested my hands on the table.

“Well…maybe I will…soon…”, I told them and simultaneously they fixed their eyes on me.

“What do you mean by that???”, Tao asked me, sounded mysterious as I chuckled.

“You guys teased me about not having a girl and all…but now, I think after I get married, I’ll eventually understand your situation…”, I explained to them but Xiu Min shook his head.

“I don’t get it…what do you mean ‘after you get married’…you just lost your…em…mystical girlfriend…”, Xiu Min tried his best to sound polite and proper when he brought up the topic about my first love again. I knew that he didn’t want to call Seira as a dead girl but I rolled my eyes at him.

“It is okay…I know that she was dead…”, I assured them and they exhaled in relief.

“Good to know that you’re fine…you should really move on with your life and find a new girl…”, Chen suggested at me as he patted my shoulder. I grinned at him.

“Of course…and just to make it simple…I have found the right girl for me…”, I confessed to them but Luhan who just about to drink his coffee chocked halfway and quickly put down his cup back. His eyes grew wider when he stared at me but I replied him with wicked look.

“What??? Is it a fault that I finally met a girl that I love???”, I questioned in frustration. When I met Seira, they objected it. Well, she was a ghost so I can’t erase the fact that our love was a forbidden one but if I want to build my relation with Seohyun, what is the problem actually??? She is a human, alive and kicking! Then Lay shook his head at me.

“Nothing…it just that we don’t want you to get involve with mysterious and painful love again…make sure that the girl is really a…em…living girl…not the dead one…”, Lay reminded me as I nodded at him.

“Yeah, I got it! I learnt my lesson…I have make sure that she is a human…not a vampire, not even a demon or werewolf…but for an angel…maybe she is…because her appearance is very stunning…”, I commented and my mind flicked back to recall Seohyun’s lovely face. I found myself smiling like an idiot clown as my friends frowned at my disgusting grin. Xiu Min sighed.

“Judging from that hideous smile…I think he is really in love with that girl…”, he reasoned out and Tao nodded with amusement drawn on his own handsome face.

“Agreed…and that girl won’t manage to capture the heart of our prince if she is an ugly duck…”, Tao added and they laughed in union again. Lay turned to look at me and patted my shoulder, making me to stare at him back.

“Well then…bring her to see us…”, he requested but it swept away the smile earlier from my face.

“I can’t…no, maybe I can…but it takes time…because I need to see when will we meet again…”, I said to him and Luhan raised his eyebrow to me.

“Why??? You only met her by chance???”, he guessed on the matter but before I manage to give him a reply, Chen had exhaled loudly.

“Huuuhhh…I knew it that Kris is a total slow poke when it comes to love…I bet he doesn’t even know her name yet…”, Chen carelessly condemned me and I glared at him.

“No! I knew her name already…it is Seohyun…”, I exclaimed and he grinned teasingly at me.

“Congratulation…it is an improvement!”, he wished to me and the boys burst into laughter again. I rolled my eyes –maybe I should leave the part where I accidently called her Seira and she blurted out telling her name to me. If they know it that it wasn’t me how ask for her name instead, they will tease me again about it, like I don’t have any gut to ask. Yeah, they surely will especially this little devil named Chen! I thought angrily before I remembered something.

“And…not just her name that share the same ‘S’ with Seira…their look too…it is all the same…like twin…”, I told them with low voice and they froze from the laughter just now. Tao exchanged strange looks with Xiu Min as Luhan and Lay frowned toward me and finally Chen who shook his head.

“Kris…please…don’t live in hallucination again…”, he told me but I hissed impatiently at him.

“No! I understand it is hard to believe this kind of situation…it is too coincidence and surprising to me too…but yeah…I met her at my uncle’s apartment this morning…her name is Seohyun…she is alive, a human I mean…”, I finished my explanation for them as they stayed silence, lost for any word to respond on it. Lastly, Lay let go of a heavy sigh. He looked up to me.

“Kris…we are your best friends…of course we trust you…but this Seohyun girl, if you really love her…doesn’t that also equally meaning that you’re still in love with Seira???”, Lay asked me and it earned a nod from Luhan.

“Yeah…if their looks are the same…that means you’re in love only with her face…because she resembled Seira…not because you love her the way she is…a girl named Seohyun…”, Luhan added to the comment and it silent me at once. I leaned my body on the chair as I furiously thought about it. Even thought Seira and Seohyun shared the same appearance but that didn’t mean I get confused with my feeling too. Seira was Seira and Seohyun is Seohyun. They were two different girls which won my heart equally. I ended up sighing at the thought and I gazed up to them again –finally made up my mind.

“Seira was my past…Seohyun is my present and future…can you guys accept it that way???”, I pleaded at them and they curved meaningful smiles to me.

“Of course, Kris…when you’re happy…we are happy too…”, Xiu Min concluded and we laughed in union.

-A Heart to Love-

Cho Kyuhyun sat on his office chair with his legs crossed on the desk. He closed his eyes, feeling tired to handle the workload that overwhelming him recently. Then he heard the secretary of him called out through the desk phone.

“Pardon me, Mr. Cho…but your mother is on the line right now…would you like me to connect it to your phone???”, she asked for confirmation as Kyuhyun snapped opened his eyes back.

“Mom???”, he thought for a second and cleared his throat.

“Yes, please…”, he said to her and after a beep sound, his ears caught sound of a woman crying over the line. Kyuhyun sat straight on his chair.

“Omma! What is wrong with you???”, he asked in Korean language again, suddenly feeling worried when his beloved mother cried like that. She sniffed before she talked between the sobs.

“Kyuhyun ah…what should I do??? Your father forced me to sign the divorce certificate…”, Mrs. Cho said and it widened his eyes at once. He frowned to the phone.

“What??? He did that??? But…why???”, Kyuhyun asked confusedly, making his mother to sob harder right now.

“I don’t know…he never visit me in the hospital anymore after we discussed about it…I’m here, alone…he only sent his guards to see whether I have sign the agreement or not…what should I do, Kyuhyun ah??? What should I do??? I’m afraid that your father will leave me…”, Mrs. Go reported sadly to her son. Kyuhyun leaned back on his chair as he threw his sight sharply to the wall in front of him.

“That old man! He is so gonna get it from me! Don’t worry, omma…don’t sign the certificate yet…I’ll get back to Korea as soon as possible!”, Kyuhyun said firmly. He reminded himself to find out about his father’s real intention on this matter.

-A Heart to Love-

“Seobaby…”, Seohyun jumped a bit once she heard him. She turned her body to face him.

“Yes, darling???”, she questioned him and the man smiled to her. He reached out his hand to her long wavy hair.

“I have something for you…”, he said and slipped his body out from the blanket. Seohyun watched in silence before he pulled opened the drawer of the bedside table and took out a flyer or pamphlet from it. Seohyun couldn’t see it properly until he got on the bed again and shoved it toward her. She glanced sideway to him.

“What is this???”, she asked. Mr. Cho laughed and slung one arm around her shoulders, pulling her to lean closer on his chest.

“Marry me, Seohyun ah…”, he whispered to her ear and Seohyun was shock to see the wedding catalog in her hands. She gulped silently as she felt him kissing her neck again.

-A Heart to Love-

*KRIS

I twisted my fingers in anxious. Then I looked around the corridor. She was nowhere to be seen. It made me to sigh in disappointment. I took a quick glance down to my wrist watch –if I don’t rush to office, I would be late after this. I thought and dragged my feet to leave the very same floor that Seohyun entered the elevator yesterday. This was the same apartment where we were fated to meet each other. When I finally reached the elevator, I pushed on the button and stood motionless, waiting for the lift to open.

“Ouch!”, I heard someone howled in pain as I cracked my head to where the sound came. Automatically, my eyes widened in gladness.

“Seohyun sshi!”, I called out to her as I ran to leave the elevator to stop in front of her. She was leaning on a door –the door of her house, maybe as she frowned at me.

“Excuse me??? Do we know each other???”, she asked in polite tone as I grinned at her. But then a strange feeling crept inside me once I saw her hair. The style looked different from yesterday. Even though the dark brownish color was still the same but today Seohyun had her hair straightened instead. The last time we met, her hair was in giant wavy style. Nonetheless, she still looked stunningly pretty as she always did.

“Aigoo, Seohyun sshi…don’t pretend to forget me…usually I’m a hard person to be forgot by the girls…”, I commented shamelessly back to her. She blinked her eyes at me before she tried to walk nearer, approaching me.

“I…I…”, she said but as she took a step or two forward, suddenly her body weaken and my eyes grew wider when she was falling down to the floor.

“Seohyun sshi!”, I yelled at her and hastily opened my arms wide to catch her. Her body landed in my arms and I hugged her shoulders closer to my chest.

“Seohyun sshi…yah! Can you hear me???”, I asked in panic as I cupped her sweating face. She looked even paler than yesterday. Slowly, I saw her eyes weighted and finally closed. I gasped –she had fainted. What should I do now??? I only managed to call out her name unstoppably as my mind quit working once I saw my sweet heart fainted like that…

To be continued…

 

"There is a heart for me to love which is belongs to Seo Joo Hyun..."