Bus Stop

You & I Oneshots

Holy crabby, my last Update was in February?! God, I can't believe what a lazy person I am... Well damn.
So I found another one of my You & I stories and thought to myself: 'Girl, you can't be lazy your whole life. This isn't too bad, continue it now!' And I did... Yay :D It might seem hurried though because... well obviously it is xD

So yeah, as for the pairing I imagined. It was Krisyeol :) I = Kris, You = Chanyeol. But as before, feel free to imagine any pairing you love !!

---

02. Bus Stop

As I near the bus stop, my heart starts beating faster and faster. I can already recognize the unique copper of your hair. I smile a little, although it's a little pained. God, I developed stalker tendencies since I met you.

I don't have to hope to see you in the morning, because I know you will be at the bus stop when I arrive. I know that you will be alone and I know that's the reason why you always sit with plugged in headphones listening to music. I don't know which kind, though and frankly speaking I'm glad about that. I already know too much about you without actually knowing you in person. I would be afraid of myself if I knew that small detail.

I sigh softly. What has become of me?

A frown makes its way on my face. That's new. The right seat next to you is empty. Normally you are between old Mrs Lee from the supermarket and Scary Mr Jong, who always has too long shaggy hair and a suspicious looking bag hung over his shoulder. Another thing I know it that you share my dubious feelings about that guy, because you always sit almost in old Mrs Lee's lap and steal wide eyed glances at Mr Jong. I'm glad to know that you at least have some common sense or safety instinct.

I bite my bottom lip. Should I... Yeah I most definitely should. I look around quickly in case old Mr Lee is merely a little late but when I don't see her anywhere near I sit down next to you. Well, I must admit my heart kinda sinks when you don't even notice my presence.

I choose to ignore that, because it does make it somewhat easier to observe you... Ugh, that sounds bad. Well, I can't possibly sink any lower now anyway, so I shift my eyes towards you. Ahh, I think, beautiful as always. I let my eyes travel down from your tousled crazily curled hair over your perfect big eyes and lips down to your hands. A small notebook lies on your knees. I haven't noticed it till now. Normally you only sit and listen to your music - damn, I really wanna know what kind - mostly wringing your hands. You are the type that can't sit still, I know that from class and lunch break. 

You are always the loudest and brightest person in a room. As clichéd it sounds, I bet your grin could light up a room on its own. Although it can get crazily wide sometimes. The class clown, they call you but I think you are so much more than that. An entertainer of sorts. Dorky? Definitely. But adorably so. You friends always seem to have much fun with you. I still wonder every day how people can say anything bad about you.

A sigh leaves my lips, what is probably a mistake because your head flies up, startling me. You look at me with big surprised and for a second I imagine your eyes traveling towards my usual location by the bus stop sign. You quickly hide the notebook under your hands when you look back towards me. I can't help it and frown slightly but you hastily look down. Your ears turn a deep red shade. God, you are too cute for this world, you know that?

I shake my head softly and look forward again. What do you have to hide, I wonder.

Should I ask? Should I even talk to you? Do you even know that we're in the same class? Well you probably do, I'm kinda popular. Which is not a good thing in my opinion, I am not bragging in any way. It's really annoying to have weird people you don't know crowding you every second. And I mean every second. Everywhere!

But that aside. I'm about to open my mouth to call your name when I feel your hand  hesitantly on my arm. Surprised, I wince a bit and you quickly withdraw it looking at me with confused eyes. Great, now I made an idiot of myself, perfect. "The bus." You say faintly. I frown, not understanding what you're saying. I'm too distracted by the weird look in your eyes. Sadness? Hurt? But why would you be sad? Or hurt? Did something happen? "The bus arrived. Come on." he nods towards the street where the big vehicle is purring to a stop.

"Oh... Oh sorry, of course." I follow you quickly. "Thank you."

You look surprised over your shoulder. A hesitant smile finds its way on your face and I swear my heart melts a little. I'm not disappointed when we walk into the bus and you immediately sit down next to one of your friends. It's just the daily routine over and over again.

As we leave the bus though, I notice the notebook lying on your now empty seat. I tell myself that I’m not curious what you hid and that I only want to give it back to you. That doesn’t stop me from turning it over though to look at the page you were doodling on. And… Well… What?

 

The page is filled with my… name. My full name, my nickname, you name it. That… What?

I frown. That’s when I hear a sharp intake of breath next to me and the notebook is yanked out of my hands. I stare dumbly into your wide eyes. You look, well quite terrified actually, pale instead of blushing as I first anticipated. “Ah… I…” You stutter, your deep voice trembling. “I… I’m sorry…” And with that you run out of the bus. I hear your departing cursing and give a slightly hysteric laugh.

What the hell did just happen?”

---

You are very still in class. Very unlike you and I really don’t like that it’s partly my fault. I had to look at that book, didn’t I? I had to give in to my freakish inner stalker. Groaning softly I burrow my head into my on my desk lying crossed arms. My best friend gives me a questioning nudge but I ignore him. I wouldn’t be able to explain anything anyway. I don’t even know if it’s my fault you are behaving like this. Typical me to think everything’s about me.

After class I let out a deep sigh and slide my hand through my hair. What does that all mean? Do you like me? But you have always avoided me as best as you could. You never even tried to approach me, even though you normally approach everyone.

Frustrated, I yank at my hair and startle when I feel another nudge to my side. “What?” I ask the culprit, my best friend.

"I think someone’s waiting for you.” He winks at me and grins into the direction of the door. I follow his gaze and my heartbeat stumbles. You give an awkward wave in my direction but avoid eye contact. Without hesitation I carelessly throw my belongings into my bag and stumble towards you. Not one of my most elegant acts, I admit.

You look nervous, playing with the straps of your bag. “C… Could you come to the rooftop with me? Please?”

Gulping I only manage to nod and follow you upstairs. There you hastily look if no one’s around and suddenly bow down. I would’ve probably flinched back if I wasn’t too shocked about the whole situation.

“Please, don’t tell anyone!” You shout at the ground and this time I really wince back slightly.

“What? I…”

“Please! I beg you. You can hit me if you want, just please don’t tell anyone.”

I frown. Tell someone? Hit him?! Do I look like a person who would do something like that? “But…” I try to reach out to you and you flinch back. That… hurts. I’m not a violent person, do I have such an image? “Come on, look at me.” Frustrated, I grab your shoulders and pull you into a straight position. At the frightened look you send me, I quickly let go and sigh. “I’m not gonna tell anyone.”

You look relieved but you still shift around nervously. “Th... Thank you.” I raise my hand to massage my forehead because I feel the incoming headache already and again you wince, this time closing your eyes tightly.

Anger and frustration flare up in me and I scoff. “I’m not going to hit you either, you idiot.”

Flinching at my harsh tone you nod your head probably a million times. And that’s just it. You walk around me and quickly escape down the stairs.

Utterly confused about what happened, I shake my head. I do most definitely not pout while I rummage for a cigarette.

Am I seriously that frightening that I send my crush running?

---

“Hey, do I look like someone who would hit a person easily?” I ask my friend the moment I sit down next to him in the cafeteria. Lunch break is almost over and I’m sure as hell gonna get some shifty eyes from my teachers. I reek of smoke.

He raises his head and looks me up and down. “Yeah, you do. Why?”

I sweat-drop and hit the back of his head. “What the hell would you know with your killer eyes?” I snap and frown.

He laughs easily. “What’s the matter, though? Something happened?”

I grumble a little. “I think he’s afraid of me.”

“Who?”

His innocent eyes don’t fool me for a second. “You know who!”

Some friend I have, I think as he just laughs again. “Why, though. You’re a marshmallow.”

Excuse me, what…” I break off and glare. “Screw that, not the topic. I think he likes me.”

“So? That’s good right? Although it’s a mystery to me. He must be a masochist to like someone he’s afraid of.” I slap his head again and he grins apologetically. “Seriously, hyung. Get over yourself and do what a normal human being would do. Talk to him.”

That’s obviously not my greatest strength but I reluctantly agree. I just need to get you alone somehow.

---

I get a chance the second I leave school. Our bus never leaves exactly when school ends so you usually tend to walk home alone while I wait for it to arrive half an hour later. This time I follow you, telling myself that this is not stalking again. It isn’t. I’m gonna talk to you after all. “So…” You whirl around when you hear my voice next to you – damn those headphones of you – and widen your eyes.

Didyouchangeyourmindandcametohitmeafterall?!” I almost don’t’ catch what you even say but I’m way too used to your fast babbling to be really faced.

“No, damn it, do I… Do I seriously look like a violent person to you?” When you only stare at me, I remember that it’s not the best move to glare in my situation. I try to soften my face as best as possible then. “Look… I want to talk. About that notebook.”

You gulp nervously but nod. “Well, I don’t really know what’s left to say but go on.”

So I do. “Do you like me.” I ask as bluntly as possible and you stare at me with horrified eyes.

“God, that’s… you can’t just ask something like that. How am I even supposed to answer something like that?” You ask almost scandalized.

I remain calm and serious even though my heart beats a mile a second. “Just answer it truthfully.”

You bristle, remain still for a second and then sigh. “I thought you gathered as much from my obsessed writings.” You grin half-heartily. When I remain silent you groan exasperated. “Yes, I like you. Happy?” You snap, a deep blush covering your cheeks and ears as you look down.

A slow grin spreads over my face. “Yes actually. Very happy.”

Your head jerks up. “Wha… Why?” I quickly look right and left to see if we have any audience and swiftly – calmer looking than I actually am - lean down to peck your lips softly. You make a sound between a gasp and a whine, raising your hands to your mouth and covering it. Your usually wide eyes are wider than ever before. “Th… What… I… Huh?”

I let out a relieved chuckle. “What’s the matter? You’re usually so full of words.” I tease, earning another bristle.

“Yeah well, I kinda have a little inner freak out here.” You take a deep breath. “But… how is that even possible, you never even look at me.”

It’s my turn to blush. “Are you kidding me? I always look at you.” I admit reluctantly and yeah, a little shyly.

“You… You are? But I always look at you, how come I never noticed.” You take a moment and seem to realize what you said because your face turns even redder. It’s a little funny actually. And really really cute. “I mean… Of course I don’t always look at you. That… That would be creepy. Which I’m not. Not creepy.”

“Then how do you know my full name?” I ask challenging and I know I’m being mean, but it’s amazing to be able to tease you like that. See that little scoff you make and the blush that’s already traveled down your neck.

“Well, I… I might’ve…” You sigh dejectedly. “I might’ve asked a friend of mine… who is friends with a friend of you… I was just curious, it’s not like…”

“I know that you always sit between Mrs Lee and Mr Jong at the bus stop and that you always are there before me.” I decide to take pity on you and chime in. You look taken aback. A second later you throw your head back and laugh.

“Okay… that’s creepy.” But you still grin warmly and – god what are you even doing to my heart? – wink at me. “What else do you know.”

Turns out you know just as much about me as I know about you. Turns out you asked around about me as I did with you. Turns out you know that I get to the bus stop five minutes after you. Turns out you know that I always stand by the stop sign. Turns out you are as much of a stalker as I am.

Turns out we are both two idiots who fell in love with a complete stranger over second-hand information and badly unsynchronized secret glances.