Needed

Needed

 

Sungmin sleepily walks out of his room. He enters their living room to be greeted with nobody. Sounds of his tummy make him chuckle, “Ahh. I’m hungry. Better make some breakfast.” He drags his feet to the kitchen to make some food for himself or maybe others if they’re waking up soon. He smiles as he bakes the instant pancake with a heavy heart. He scoffs, “I thought I’ve got a lot of friends but here I am cooking this ty-taste food alone.”

 Yep, that’s Sungmin. Lee Sungmin the one who can make your heart flatter, the one who ‘loves’ to do aegyo and makes you want to keep him in pockets but truthfully, he’s a loner. He doesn’t cry, he doesn’t complain in front of other people. He thought he’s strong enough to keep it all by himself but last night was just another night he spent sobbing under his blanket alone in his own room.

He can’t hide the joy he felt when the manager announced that he’s getting his own room-it’s not that he don’t like living with Kyuhyun, in fact, he loves it-but if he stays with Kyuhyun, he won’t be able to have his own space and time for his own-he won’t be able to cry or let his feelings out. Because he believes, no one should ever see his tears, no one should see his weak side. Ego? Pride? Call it as you like. He’s strong-he claimed.

However, these past few days he was in misery. But of course, once again he can’t let anyone sees that side of him; he’s strong and calm.

Sungmin expressionlessly watches TV as he settles up a cup of coffee on the table and a plate of two-pieces-pancake on his hand. He munches the pancake. It does taste horrible as he’s not a good cook, unlike Ryeowook. He chuckles bitterly, why does he always been like this? He good at particularly nothing-as Kyuhyun said in one of their recent SJM interview. Kyuhyun was always the apple of Sungmin’s eyes. He always loves Kyuhyun. He wanted to be there whenever Kyuhyun needs regardless Kyuhyun only needs him when there’s no one else to play with-especially the famous Kyu-Line. Oh, how envy he is upon Kyu-Line. They’ve got to hang with Kyuhyun-eat, drinks, and watch movies. While him is just a substitution. Their wine session? Oh yes, the famous late night wine session. It was always been Kyuhyun who started it. Kyuhyun will eventually wake him up late at night, after a few aegyo from the magnae, Sungmin will be willingly joined the whining magnae-threatening not to play with the older if the latter won’t accompany him. It’s actually not the aegyo or the threat that’s making him awake and accompanies Kyuhyun, but it’s because it’s Kyuhyun himself-and the swelled tummy of his is simply due to their session. It’s not that he’s complaining. He’s more than willing to do anything for Kyuhyun. C’mon, how on earth can he says no to his favorite man?

A deep hoarse voice interrupts his train of thought, “Hyung! I’m hungry!”

Sungmin turns his head to see a whining magnae. He chuckles. “Go have some pancake I’ve made earlier. It does taste funny thou.” He ignores the quick heartbeat of his.

He puts on his poker face, turning back to the TV. Without knowing, the drama he watched earlier has ended.

Kyuhyun nods, taking a few bites of pancake.

“How’s it?” Sungmin asks. He knows it doesn’t taste good but he’s expecting someone-not just someone, but the one that he ever wants to get compliment from.

He dismisses the fact that his heart clenches to see the expressionless magnae. As he munches his food, suddenly he heard the front door closes. A few seconds later, Siwon shows up flashing his genuine smile at the older, “Hey hyung.”

 If there’s anyone he hates to be ignored from would be his ex-roommate. Kyuhyun runs toward Siwon, putting the taller man in his arm, “Hyung, I miss you!”

Siwon chuckles at the clingy magnae, “How come? We’ve just met not more than 24 hours ago, Kyuhyun-ah.” He pats Kyuhyun’s head. Kyuhyun pouts, “Still. And by the way, do you want to watch movie with me afterward?”

Siwon thinks deeply-yep with his SiBrows knitted. “I’m sorry, Kyuhyun-ah. I have to visit Twosome afterward and have an interview later on. You can watch with Minho or Changmin or Jonghyun, right?”

Sungmin walks past through the dongsaengs to the kitchen. He doesn’t want to hear those conversations. He doesn’t need to. Is he hollows? Nobody sees him. He’s like in his own world. Maybe that’s why he’s always on either on the corner of the frame or the back of the team. He just needs to feel appreciated-by Kyuhyun at least.

“Hyung, can you accompany out little KyuKyu to watch movie today?” Siwon asks as the oldest enters the main room. “No. I don’t want Sungmin hyung. I want Siwon hyung.” Kyuhyun whines like a kid.

Sungmin smiles; fake. He used to this situation. He’s always the last and most likely not-to-be-chose option. He never complains thou.

“Oh Siwon-ah, what are you doing here? No schedule today?” Hyukjae who’s just awake enters the main room.

Sungmin smiles-for two reasons; first, Hyukjae looks funny with his messy bed hair and bunny printed pajamas. Second, he is once again not the first one to be seen in the room.

“Hyukjae-yah, there’s some leftover pancakes. Eat it if you’re not disgusted.” Sungmin smiles while taking a sip of coffee. Hyukjae smiles and nods. Sungmin is not bothered to watch Hyukjae and his reaction.

“Hyung, I’m going. I have some works to do.” Siwon bids his hyungs goodbye and a peck on Kyuhyun’s cheek.

Kyuhyun pouts like a spoiled magnae he is. “Don’t pout, you evil. There’s Sungmin hyung and that anchovy over there if you need company. Hyung really have things to do today. I’ll make it up to you later, okay baby?”

Sungmin closes his is eyes, mentally closes his ears. He hates this. He can’t take the aches.

“Watch your mouth, horse!” Hyukjae throws a cushion on Siwon’s retreating back. He is then turns to look at Sungmin and approaches his hyung with a piece of pancake on his hand. He takes a sit next to the eye-closed man. He hugs the chubby man while munching the really-funny-tasted-pancake, “What is it?” he asks.

Sungmin tilts his head, “What is it what?”

“I know you better, hyung. C’mon tell me.”

Sungmin studies Hyukjae’s face. How long has they’ve been friend? More than a decade he believes. The memories of them riding in bus during trainee days flashes on his mind-they ate ramen at a convenient shop, Hyukjae walked him home, Hyukjae picked him up. All those memories come back to him. They were so close. They’ve shared everything. But the past few years, Hyukjae was never there anymore or he never was there for Hyukjae anymore to be exact. Ever since Sungmin was sharing room with Kyuhyun, he rarely spent his time with his best friend. Nevertheless, Hyukjae is always there to support him. Just like in their recent interviews, Hyukjae was always supporting him and encouraged him apart from the fact that he can’t speak well in Mandarin. Hyukjae was there.

Sungmin smiles, this feels right-talking to your best friend. It’s like things are finally falling to right places. It’s like he just found a missing piece of puzzle that he’s been searching for.

“Aishh. This hyung is still just like the old him, always drifts off. Never change. Hello, earth to Sungmin. Are you there?” Hyukjae waves his hand before Sungmin’s foxy orbs.

Sungmin giggles-the oh-hoong-hoong one. He feels his heart beats again. Hyukjae really knows how to bring the joy in his life.

All these while, he kept his eyes only on Kyuhyun regardless if the latter dismissed his existence. In his case with Hyukjae, he had been the ‘Kyuhyun’. He ignores others; he ignores Hyukjae when the latter only has his eyes on him. All he knows now is that, Hyukjae is the missing part of him. The long lost soul brother. The one he need and the one who needs him.

“I’m sorry, Hyukjae-yah. Hyung has been really busy that hyung forget to take care of you.” Sungmin says as he gives Hyukjae a bone-crashing-hug.

“This hyung of mine is really weird.” Hyukjae says as he releases from the hug.

“Why was that?” Sungmin pouts.

Hyukjae smiles, it’s been a while that he sees Sungmin’s childish side. Those adorable pouty lips. Sungmin always acts strong in front of others especially Kyuhyun the magnae. Sungmin keeps on taking care of others when actually he’s the one who should be taken care of.

“Hyung, we both are free right today? So, wanna have a bus ride and watch movie with me today?” Hyukjae asks enthusiastically while reminiscing their good old times.

Sungmin smiles genuinely, “Yay! It’s been a while since we spend our time together and riding bus.” Sungmin exclaims like a little kid.

“Better get ready then.” Hyukjae says pinching his hyung’s chubby cheek.

“You’re the one who stills have a morning breath!”

“Okay okay. Dress nicely and wear something that’ll make you warm, ‘right hyung?”

 

-end-