Chapter 1

Honey Water and Hangover Soup

 

Deafening upbeat sounds laced with laughter, squeals and random human noises then flashes of different vibrant lights, bombard Sehun the minute he walks past the door. He wonders how people can tolerate places like this. He sighs because this is not exactly his cup of tea. Haze of cigarette smokes assaults his nostrils, which also causes the place to look foggy, not to mention the intense lightings, makes it quite hard for him to recognize faces.

This is gonna be a long night, he thinks.

He tries not to bump into anyone as he makes his way through the crowd of people having the time of their lives on the dance floor. It is easier said than done because there isn’t really much space, making it difficult for him not to step unto someone, he got a few nudges when he himself also threw a couple of glares.

He hears his name being called; luckily he is able to spot Amber on the far end of the bar. She is flailing her hands wildly so it is hard not to notice her despite that she is vertically-challenged. He walks to her and she looks so relieved upon seeing him.

“THANK YOU FOR COMING SEHUN-AH!”

He can tell she is shouting but because of the blast from huge speakers courtesy of the DJ, her voice registers almost as a whisper to him. He only nods and smiles meekly, since communicating through body language seem to be a better idea under the circumstance they are currently in.

He then realizes that Amber is alone and the worried look on her face can’t go unnoticed. She is clutching a purse, obviously not hers because Sehun knows that one, a gift from him for his girlfriend. This makes Sehun frown and he thinks it is time for him to verbalize his thought.

“WHERE IS SHE?” Sehun asks, as he puts his mouth a good few inches from Amber’s ears, extra measure just so she can hear him clearly.

Amber fidgets before answering. “I LOST HER.”

“WHAT!!!?” His heartbeat quickens as worry also washes over him. He instantly shifts his attention to the throng of people on the dance floor in hoping to find a familiar face. But he only gets frustrated when he can’t spot the figure he is capable of recognizing dead on even from afar.

This isn’t happening, as he restrains himself from facepalming.

“I THOUGHT YOU SAID SHE IS ALREADY PRETTY MUCH BUZZED!” He appears to be almost yelling at Amber now, but the cacophony of music and voices leaves Sehun no choice but to shout. He wishes to know the real situation right away because the longer it is that they talk the bigger the chance that BoA might be in some kind of danger.

“SHE IS. I LEFT HER THERE---” she points to the empty couch “----TO LOOK FOR YOU, WHEN YOU TEXTED ME YOU ARE ALREADY HERE. IT TOOK YOU A WHILE AND I GOT WORRIED ABOUT HER BEING LEFT ALONE SO I DECIDED TO CHECK ON HER AGAIN BUT WHEN I RETURNED SHE WAS NOWHERE IN SIGHT AND SHE LEFT HER PURSE SO CALLING HER IS NOT AN OPTION.” She explains hastily as she is aware of the pressing matter at hand. “I ALREADY CHECKED THE POWDER ROOM, BUT SHE’S NOT THERE.”

“Aish.” Sehun curses through gritted teeth. What if someone, a stranger, took her, it is not exactly a hard task, since BoA is already drunk as Amber claims, and nobody would actually give a damn if you a drunken lady out of a bar. He feels his chest pounds, making it harder for him to breathe properly and he doesn’t think it is because of the smoke. He is so worried and upset now; his palms are sweating and his heart in wrenching pain.

This is seriously not happening.

“OK, NOONA.” He gulps and tries to clears his mind. “WE’LL LOOK FOR HER. SHE IS PROBABLY JUST AROUND HERE.” He hopes and prays she is; because he is sure as hell will kill someone if BoA will be put in any form of harm.

Amber nods in agreement. “CALL ME IF YOU FIND HER.” And she is off, clearly worried about her friend.

He mentally notes to apologize to Amber once all this is over. She is still older than him, although she doesn’t seem to mind the dropping of honorifics at the moment, for obvious reasons.

He once again joins the sea of people on the dance floor, he doesn’t seem to mind the noise since all he can hear now is his heart going overdrive, as he tries to recognize his girlfriend’s face among the crowd. He tries not to think more all the possible danger BoA could be in right now. He just can’t.

He honestly thinks he is gonna pass out soon because the walls are seem to be closing in and it is more stuffy inside the bar now. People can’t seem to grasp the concept of personal space as they try to suffocate him further. Some even tries to dance with him.

And then, he finally spots her, like the heaven’s gate suddenly opened and poured out its mercy.  There is no way in hell he is mistaken that is his girlfriend, even though it is just the back facing him. He suddenly breathes a sigh of relief, although all he manages to inhale is smoke he does not care, he feels like a fish outside its tank then finally submerged in water. Relief seems to warm his now cold and sweaty palms. He smiles and he walks towards where his girlfriend is, but suddenly his smile is swiped away. She seems to be dancing with some random dude, judging by how she sways and her hands on his shoulder while his rest on both sides of her waist.

WHAT THE HELL!!!  WHO THE EFFING JERK IS HE??!! HOW DARE HE TOUCH HER??!! He suddenly feels hot as raging fury from hell engulfs his entire being. He clenches and unclenches his fist. Someone is asking for a beating and he will make sure that someone will go home in pulp and blood.

Sehun waste no more second and is almost immediately at their side.

“HEY!” The two are startled. “HAVING FUN WITH MY GIRLFRIEND?” Shouting isn’t really necessary because for some reason on this part of the bar, it is not as noisy as the rest of the place is or maybe they finally decided to turn down the volume of the music a bit, but Sehun sure does not give a .

BoA looks at him; eyes so huge while blinking a few times before breaking into a huge smile, her dimples are very prominent. They simultaneously disentangle themselves from each other. BoA stumbles a bit, good thing Sehun is able to grab her elbow. Yeah, she is drunk.

She hugs Sehun on the waist and rests her face on his chest while he envelopes her in an embrace. Sehun gives the guy the most venomous glare he can muster, like telling him, be thankful my girlfriend is here otherwise I will gladly rearrange your face for you, since you’re a disgusting ert prying on drunken girls.

The guy seems to get the gist as he raises his hands in surrender and retreats to where his pals are. Right, run along now, you jerk, before I hunt you down.

“Sehunnie~~” Although BoA’s voice sounds muffled against his chest it sends vibrations that run through his heart as she spoke, that gives him chills all over. He then tightens his hold on her. “You are here.” She hiccups. Definitely drunk.

He takes a step back because he wants to look at her angelic face. “Of course.” Her eyes look sleepy now because of intoxication but there is still a smile plastered on her lips. Now, he can’t string words to scold her for getting drunk. Man, even when she is not sober she still manages to look like the cutest thing. Great! He sounds like a boy going through puberty.

He is pretty sure his heart will go under arrest any moment now after all the emotions it went through for the last few hours. So he hugs her again, just to assure himself she is alright now, that he is actually holding her. “You ok? He did not do anything funny did he?”

“No.”

“Good. I’ll take you home now.” He takes his phone out of his pocket to call Amber to meet them outside the bar.

He assists BoA in walking but she is swerving dangerously that Sehun ends up picking her up bridal style. She is already slightly snoring by the time Sehun is able to step outside the bar.

Inside a cab on the way home, Amber is on the passenger seat while he and BoA are at the back of the taxi. Her breathing is even as she drifts through dreamland, when in fact her head rests on his shoulder with his arm around her waist to secure her in place. She stirs a bit and murmurs, “Sehun-ah, sorry.” He thinks she is only dreaming so he shush her and tries to hum her back to sleep. But she is actually awake when she said it but she lets Sehun make her fall asleep again.

 


THANK YOU FOR READING. hope you can comment.^^ and tell me what you guys think

thank you TheMullekeee for the poster.