Chapter 1-악마를 충족- Meeting The Devil

The Devil Made Me Do It

 

 

The man looked at the two men at his feet and smirked, his eye narrowing as he bent down. The man was tall with a dark coat and nice dress slacks, like he had just come form a social gathering.

 

He was a vivid  contrast to the rest of the building, which was grey and dark.

 

The warehouse was filled with mildew and the hardwood floors had dark spots where rain water had pooled when the roof leaked. 

 

The walls seemed to bent inward as the pressure of the rest of the city with its steel buildings and omnipresent skies. Noises of rats scuffling and cockroaches scuttling across the floor above was unsettling but not to the man, who was regarding two figures on the ground.

 

 The mans hair was a mahogony brown and his face was hard to describe, it wasn’t anything other than handsome. He was refined with a certain air about him, his features seemed kind like he had spent most if his life smiling.

 

 His eyes though, where cold and didn't fit in the almost angelic face. And then he smiled, it made him look loving almost fatherly. 

 

“Would you like to tell me now, I promise this will all stop.”

 

One of the men looked up his dyed blond hair falling his face and he spat blood and whispered

 

“Screw you!”

 

The man blinked and calmly stood sighing as if this was a disappointment. 

 

“Oh well...” Then the man looked toward the prone figures on the floor and there was a watery rippling sound, as he turned don his heel to walk out, followed by two other. 

 

They had barely got past the door when the screams started. They where the screams of people who where in mortal pain and agony, and the sound of of flesh like tanning leather and the shrieks of two men having the most life giving source in their body drain from them, slowly, torturously.

 

“Wow, you sure know how to pick ‘em.” Said and voice and they turned to see a man standing there, his symmetrical face reposed and eye alert.

 

“Yes I guess I do but you’re worse then me Chen.” 

 

The man the  walked past listening to the wrenching sounds of human torment and the drying sound of flesh. Chen blinked and smirked at the taller man before him.

 

“Yes, but even I don't have the stomach for that, Suho.”

                        

                                                                     +++                                

 

Kai looked at the two bodies and sighed, it was the fifth double homicide in a week and they seemed related. 

 

Meaning, he would be getting no sleep, and would be badgered by Sehun and Luhan till he got it finished and he still had a turf war in between gangs which made his life just that much more difficult.

 

"What have we got Kai?" Asked Luhan who had just walked in, his partner Sehun was talking with the corner at the door to the abandoned building.

 

"Another double Homicide, both male, both...it looks like they had the water right out of them." Kai bent down to look at the shriveled corpses again and Luhan flinched and blinked.

 

"I don't think even my rehydrating lotion can fix that."

 

"My question is....wait why do you have hydration lotion, you’re a man!" Kai said and Luhan pouted.

 

"Well, not everyone had perfectly nice skin all the time...Stupid Kai." Luhan mumbled as Kai blinked and shook his head, turning back to the dead men on the floor.

 

"What have we here... Whoa...turkey-jerky anyone." Said Sehun raising an eyebrow coolly and leaning down to poke the bodes with the pen in his hand.

 

"Have some respect...they might tell their mummy!" Luhan quipped and Sehun and Kai looked at him in despair.

 

"Luhan..." Sehun looked sadly at Kai who smiled radiantly.

 

"He's your partner! In more ways than one, don't complain to me!" Kai laughed as Luhan blushed and Sehun had his usual reposed face, smile twitching at the corner of his mouth.

 

"Bag 'em, Yixing will have to take care of it at the crypts!"

 

"Come on Kai give us some working room!" Called a voice as Baekhyun and Chanyoel walked in flashing badges.

 

"They’re mummies, working room my !" Kai said standing to his slim height and blinking.

 

“Well since Yixing is here.” Baekhyun said with a faint smile.

 

"Yixing is here?"

 

"Yes, behind you." Came another voice and Kai whipped around to see Yixing kneeling over the body and putting his gloved fingers to open the corpse mouth.

 

"Okay, so now that everyone is here, seal the doors." Sehun said and the police outside did just that giving S.H.I., (special homicide investigation) time to do their jobs.

 

"So are we thinking gang?" Asked Chanyoel and Kai nodded explaining.

 

"The homicides all have one thing in common, they where committed using a type of torture moreover...the perpetrators where...Exos." Kai narrowed his eyes when he recounted the facts.

 

Everyone blinked.

 

"How do you know?" Asked Chanyoel

 

"It takes years even in Egypt to have a mummy dry perfectly, and that is after is packed full of sand and had the organs removed and everything dried. This...these guys where alive only 2 days ago but now. Frankly its not possible unless someone used an Exo to drain the water right of them"

 

"Yeah, yeah like they guy who used his power to the life outta people!" Luhan yelled and everyone shot him a look that clearly said, Shut up we are a secret organization with superpowers the rest of the world doesn't need to know about!

 

"Yes, Kai's correct, even with my healing factor, I can breath an inch of life into this body." Yixing said and Kai nodded.

 

"The human body is about 70% water, if that was all gone, well you see the effects." Kai rattled off.

 

 Yixing tried to pick up an arm of one of the dead bodies only to have it creak and rip, like over cured leather. 

 

"Wow, your smart...I though you where a crazed player." Luhan said, causing everyone to stare at him.

 

"I have a degree, you know." Kai said rolling his eyes and smiling.

 

"In what major in seduction and minor in innocence? I mean look at those lips of yours, positively sinful." Luhan grinned his own lips, clarifying just how he meant sinful.

 

"Okay...sure. I'm checkin out the area." Kai said and looked at the rest of them who nodded, and he looked at them smiling.

 

"Be back soon." And snapped his fingers flashing into a cloud of black and white smoke before disappearing.

 

Kai flashed into existence on the fourth street in gang territory, it was a common place to see working girls and boys out on the street or druggies looking for their next fix.

 

  Kai stood out, his stylishly disarrayed hair, with a slim build and pale coloring, except his eyes which were darker the norm. 

 

His clothing made him pop as well, for on it was clean for another it was put together well. Knee length black coat, skinny black jeans a white linen T-shirt and ankle boots.

 

In this neighborhood it screamed detective, cop, police, so he adapted, he ruffled his nice hair, pulled off his coat and dropped it, it dissipated into smoke. Then rolled down his boots and then leaned against a grimy wall, making his nice shirt sooty and grey.

 

 Feeling a bit more like he blended in to he area aura, Kai tucked his badge into his back pocket and walked.

 

Frankly by the end of his circle, he wondered if the whole area was full of robbers or killers, he had just witness 5 felonies.

 

"Hey, want some company?" Kai looked, broken from his revery and blinked looking to see a girl no older then sixteen peering at him through thick makeup, Kai gulped and then cast down a cool glance.

 

"No."

 

"Aw come on, sugar." She pleaded, hanging off his arm and looking at him with big doe eyes, she seemed mixed, with naturally light hair and darker skin.

 

"No..." he said again and turned away. He hated this town, it reminded him of his past, the scar on his hand twinge and he grimaced at the memory.

 

                                                                         +++

        

" Kai where were you?" Asked Chanyoel and Kai looked up seeing the team assembled in the coroner office with strange looks on their faces.

 

" Ah yes sorry, I walked back, clear my head, pick up guys you know." Kai joked and walked over to the cold metal slab and looked at the partially rehydrated corpses and blanched.

 

" Torture, was it then?" The bodies where covered in marks from brands, electrocution and various other forms of hurt.

 

“Defiantly!” Yixing said, flipping a sheet of paper to look at some charts. “And you want to know what is worse, they where alive when they had the water drained from them. It would have been a long painful death.” 

 

“Hell.” Kai whispered and looked at the rest of the group. 

 

“Sounds like we’re chasing the Devil.”