He Has a Girlfriend

You Belong With Me

 

"So how was it?" Chanyeol asked as Eunji met up with him. "Good." she simply replied. Chanyeol gave her a weird look, "good?" Eunji couldn't hold it in anymore. She turned to him with a huge grin, "more than good, it was perfect! I passed to the next class." she jumped from joy.

Chanyeol's eyes widen, "really?! I told you, you would pass." he brought his friend into a hug. "And you'll never guess who's in that class." Eunji said as she pulled away. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows, "who?"

Eunji was about to reply when someone patted her shoulder, "Eunji right?" they asked. Eunji turned around and almost passed out when she the "the amazing Jongin" standing before her. Eunji's eyes widen, but she managed to nod. Jongin smiled, "Hey I'm Jongin and this is Sehun." he pointed at another boy with brownish, mop like, hair.

"We're in the same dance class remember?" Sehun asked. Eunji nodded, "y-yes I-I remember." she stuttered, still finding it hard to believe Jongin knew who she was. Finally! "Just wanted to tell you that you were amazing today." Jongin said causing Eunji to gasp. "What?!"

Sehun nodded, "yeah, you even topped Minzy and she's our best female dancer in our class." A smile came across Eunji's face, "t-thanks, but I'm not that great." Jongin was about to speck when Chanyeol stepped forward, "yeah, Eunji is an amazing dancer you should be honored to be in her presence."

Eunji was taken back, "Chanyeol!" she grabbed and pulled him back. "Ignore him he's just kidding." she told Jongin and Sehun. Jongin smiled and nodded, "okay well see you tomorrow." He and Sehun turned to walk away. And once they were far enough Eunji glared at her friend.

"Why did you do that?!"  she scolded him. Chanyeol smiled widely, "oh come on I was just messing with them." he pushed Eunji's shoulder lightly. Eunji rolled her eyes and looked back at Jongin. Sora, his girlfriend, skipped to him and gave him a peck on his cheek.

Eunji sighed as she watched the two walk off together hand in hand. Wishing it was her that was holding his hand instead.

"So Eunji what are you going to cook for me today?" Chanyeol asked with a goofy grin on his face. "Forget it, the last time I cooked for you, you ended up eating everything in my fridge." Eunji replied overreacting. Chanyeol pouted and grabbed his starving stomach, "please I'm so hungry I can eat a horse." "Then go find one." Eunji joked.

Chanyeol poked her head, "not funny." Eunji laughed and pressed the button so that they could cross the busy street. The two waited as cars drove by from every direction. Jongin passed by in his scooter with Sora holding behind him. Eunji caught them and sighed loudly.

Chanyeol noticed, "what's with you and that new kid?" he asked. "What?!" Eunji turned to him and shook her head, "n-nothing." Chanyeol raised a brow not believing her, "yeah right you like him." he teased poking her cheek. Eunji pushed his hand away from her face, "no I don't he's just a guy in my dance class."

Chanyeol stopped, "a guy you like." he continued to . The light turned green and Eunji took this chance to get away from him, but Chanyeol followed behind. "So how long have you been crushing on that Joong guy?" he asked. "It's Jongin," Eunji corrected him, "and I don't like him." she replied growing frustrated.

Chanyeol playfully nudged her, "yah I'm just messing with you." he then placed his arm around her shoulder. Eunji pushed him arm off, "whatever and if I did I'm not allowed to like him." Chanyeol gave her a weird look, "why not?" Eunji sighed deeply feeling dry up. It was hard for her to say it since she herself didn't want to believe it.

"He has a girlfriend." 

"So!" Chanyeol laughed out loud catching Eunji by surprise. "What?" Eunji stopped to look at him. "So what if he had a girlfriend? That doesn't mean you can't like him." Chanyeol replied. "But it's wrong." she said softly. Chanyeol smiled and grabbed her shoulders, "aigo you're like a little girl." 

Eunji raised a brow and put his arms down, "no I'm not!" she protested. Chanyeol grinned and placed his arm around her shoulder once again, "you just admitted it." he said. "Admitted what?" Eunji asked as they continued to walk home. Chanyeol stopped and poked her cheek, "you like Jongin!" he teased and ran off. Eunji grabbed onto her cheek and glared at her immature friend run off, "yah no I don't!"

 

By the time Eunji arrived to her home she was exhausted. Mostly from chasing Chanyeol around and forcing him to take his words back by holding him in a head lock. Eunji spotted a yellow sticky note next to the key holder. 

Honey I'm working late again sorry. Make sure you lock up, I left $10 on the kitchen table for take out. Stay safe and be careful. - Mom.

Eunji sighed and crumbled the note. Ever since her father passed away, Eunji's mother had to take on a new job just to pay off the bills. Eunji barely had any money to go out with friends or buy the latest electronics that everyone had. But that didn't matter to Eunji. All she cared about that her stay in Seoul Art Performing school doesn't come to an end by not paying off her tuition, which was very pricey.

Eunji opened the closet door and exchanged her shoes for a pair of soft pink slippers. She then proceeded to the living room where dead silence filled her ears. And she quickly regretted not inviting Chanyeol over, at least he kept her company.

...

The next morning Eunji felt a little cold. Her toes curled inwards as she stepped on the chilly tiled floor. "Oh it's cold." she quickly sprinted towards her bathroom to wash up. When Eunji was finished she passed her mothers room. She noticed that it was empty, no sign of her mother ever coming home. Not even her uniform that would have been scatted on the floor somewhere.

Eunji sighed, "hope you have a nice day umma." And with that she left before she would miss her bus.

 

"Hello Mrs. Jongin." Chanyeol greeted Eunji with his signature goofy grin. "Don't even start." she warned him with a hiss. "Whoa you okay?" he stepped back giving her room before she would leap and claw his face off. Eunji shoulders fell, "my mom didn't come home last night...again." she confessed.

If there was anyone Eunji could talk to about her problems and actually understood her was her best friend, Chanyeol. "Well did she call or tell you?" he asked getting a bit serious. He doesn't like the thought of his close friend staying home alone all day. Especially when his friend was a girl.

"Yeah," Eunji nodded, "I just wish somehow we could go back to how it use to be." Chanyeol nodded, "it will someday I promise." The bell was heard and students around started to scatter all over the school court yard. "Come on we don't want to be late." Chanyeol smiled brightly and dragged Eunji inside, away from the chilly morning air.

 

By lunch Eunji's mind was still set on her mother. Even though they don't get along at times, Eunji still worries about her mother very much. Her mother is all that she has left. 

"Don't worry umma I'll drop out of school and take a full time job." Eunji rubbed her mothers stressful shoulders. Her mother reached for her hand and took it, "don't be silly you must stay in school." she smiled and pinched her daughters cheek. "Don't worry about me I'll take care of myself, promise me you'll work hard in school okay." she ordered. A tear escaped Eunji's eyes, "okay umma." They both shared a hug to seal the deal.

"Hello?" Chanyeol waved his hand in front of Eunji's face. "What?!" she jumped and snapped back to reality. Chanyeol smiled and sat next to her. "You look like those depressed girls in dramas." Eunji smiled, "sorry I've just been thinking-" "Don't tell me you're thinking about dropping out again." Chanyeol cut her off.

Eunji let out a small laugh, "no." she looked around and saw the scene of students laughing and eating happily. I wonder how it feels to be care free. "Eunji?" Chanyeol snapped his fingers. "Yeah?" Eunji turned to him. "You were saying?" he asked.

Eunji thought for a second, "oh never mine it's nothing." she waved her hand. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and started going through his food. Eunji watched as her friend pigged out and laughed when he got some sauce on his chin.

"Yah pig no one's trying to take your food away slow down." she joked and handed him a napkin. Chanyeol smiled innocently, "thanks." he mumbled and took the napkin. Eunji rolled her eyes and started eating her sub. The two ate and talked occasionally.

"Mr. Lee can be mean, but he's cool in our class." Chanyeol said. Eunji shrugged, "guess he just hates our class." "Oh hey isn't that Jongin?" Chanyeol asked. Eunji quickly looked up and saw him smiling. Her hear melted every time she saw him. And somehow he grew more and more amazing everyday.

Eunji smile quickly faded when he saw Sora following behind him with her tray. Eunji watched as the two sat at their normal table, next to the window, alone. "You must really like him." Chanyeol said nudging her. "N-no." Eunji shook her head and looked away, "anyway you were saying."

 

"Finally dance class." Eunji threw her hands in relief. She liked dace class, it magically took all of her stress away, even though it only lasted for an hour. "Ready to show them off again noona?" Zelo asked her as she began to stretch. Eunji gave him a kind smile and nodded.

"Class." Lay came in and clapped his hands. Soon everyone gathered around him. "Yesterday we all got to know each other, today I want you to become closer to one another." he announced. Everyone looked around confessed. Krystal held her hand up, "uh teacher?"

"Yes." Lay pointed and nodded at her. "Um not to be mean or anything, but aren't we suppose to be learning how to dance? Not learning about each other." she said. Everyone slowly nodded their heads in agreement. Lay smiled showing his dreamy dimple that most girls fell head over heels for.

He stepped forward, "well when it comes to dance you usually have a partner if not a group. How will you be able to put your trust in someone else's hands if you know nothing about them?" he asked having a point. Krystal pushed her lips together and looked away.

"Don't worry tomorrow we're going to have extreme." Lay said walking back to the front. His students all groaned in response while the new kids were confused. "What's extreme?" Zelo asked raising his hand. "It's when we have an extreme work out for a whole week straight." Sehun replied. 

"Yeah, we run miles, climb stairs, pull ups, push ups, lift weights, basic boot camp things." Minzy added. "What?!" Most of the new students were shocked, but Eunji knew better. She didn't want to seem like those students who complain about everything, especially not in front of Jongin.

"So enjoy your free time while you can." Lay said raising a clip board. "Okay I decided to partner you up depending on your gender, skills I saw yesterday, and just appearance." he said. The class grew silent as he spoke, mostly because his voice wasn't so loud.

"Newbies over there, the rest stand over there." he ordered separating the two. "Zelo you're with us." Eunji pulled him back as he tried to go with the other group. He pouted, but followed. "Okay Krystal." Lay looked up. "Yes." she came forward. "You're with Minzy." he ordered. 

Krystal looked across the room as the girl with short jet black hair came forward. The one that showed almost everyone off. "Yes teach." Minzy bowed and the two met in the middle with a hand shake. One by one students were called, some even in groups of three.

Eunji crossed her fingers hoping that she would get Jongin and alone. "Eunji." Lay looked up. "Yes?" Eunji came forward. He sent her a warm smile, "you're with Jongin." he said making Eunji's heart freeze. "Yes sir." Jongin came forward and bowed at Eunji.

Caught by surprise, Eunji quickly bowed, "hello." she greeted him. "Hello." Jongin came up and smiled, "come on lets go sit over there." he pointed at them empty corner. Eunji nodded and followed behind him. Jongin sat against the wall and patted the space next to him.

Eunji blush slightly at his kind gesture and sat down. "Sorry I'm really bad at these kinds of things." Eunji said avoiding eye contact. Jongin shook his head, "it's okay how about I start?" Eunji nodded fixing her eyes on his hands. "Well I'm Kim Jongin, most people call me Kai, I'm 18 years old." he started.

"Hum lets see," he raised his hand to his chin, "I started dancing at a very young age. I'm currently trying to form my very own dance crew." Eunji listen to every word as if it was the last thing she'd ever hear. His voice sent chills down Eunji's spine. It was husky yet soft.

"What about you?" he asked looking straight into Eunji's eyes, which was now fixed on his. "Huh?" she snapped back to reality, "o-oh hello." she bowed again. Jongin, or Kai, laughed at her clumsiness. "Um I mean I'm Gong Eunji." she shook her head feeling embarrassed.

Eunji looked at her hands, "I'm 18 years old and like you I've been dancing all my life. My mom wanted me to do ballet, but I refused since I think it's lame." Jongin smiled and rested his head on his hand and listen to Eunji very closely. He was defiantly enjoying his free time to get to know her.

"M-my dad taught me everything I know, but he passed away two years ago." Eunji said. "Oh, I-I'm so sorry." Jongin was surprised to hear Eunji say that. Usually people don't reveal such things on their first conversation. "It's okay I know somehow he's still teaching me in a way." Eunji smiled making sure that Jongin didn't pity her.

Jongin nodded, "I'm sure he is." The two remained quiet and stared into each others eyes for a good minute. "S-sorry." Eunji looked away. Jongin snapped out of his stare and felt hot, "no I'm sorry." "So..." Eunji trailed on. "Any plans for the future?"

Jongin nodded happily, "yes, I plan on opening my own dance studio and help young kids who can't afford dancing class and teach them how to dance." he replied. "Oh that's cool." Eunji nodded. "You?" he asked. She shrugged, "I don't know, maybe go to college and get a normal boring carrier." she replied.

Jongin chuckled, "boo." he teased. Eunji laughed and covered , "yeah yeah I know." As the conversation continued the two grew closer and closer together. Surprised at how easy it was to talk to him, Eunji let herself lose and actually looked him in the eye when he spoke.

It was strange at how Jongin was so down to earth. And even offered her his phone number just in case she ever needed someone to talk to. Eunji fell more and more in love with him. Jongin truly is perfection.

"Okay that's enough." Lay clapped his hands. "Go home and get plenty of rest since you'll need it for tomorrow." Everyone nodded and got up from their positions. "Here." Jongin offered Eunji his hand and helped her up. "Trust me when I say this, get all the rest you can." he said.

Eunji tilted her head, "is it really that bad?" she asked. Jongin grabbed his duffel bag, "Lay says it's to help you develop muscle strength, but I just think he uses it to get people to quit." he replied. Eunji eyes widen, "really?" Jongin smiled at her expression, "you better not be those quitters." he raised his finger at her as if she was getting scolded.

Eunji laughed, "trust me I won't." Eunji grabbed her duffel bag and the two existed together. "No I think Mr. Lee hates your class because he lets us do whatever." Jongin said. Eunji sighed, "great, so its official he hates our class." she threw hands in the air. Jongin smiled when someone hugged him from behind.

"Oppa I missed you." they said. Jongin smiled, "Sehun It's only been an hour." He turned around and found an upset Sora. "I'm not Sehun!" she hit him playfully. Jongin pulled her in a hug, "I was just kidding, I missed you too." Eunji watched as the two hugged. Not knowing if she should stay or walk away.

"Oh Sora this is Eunji, she's the one I told you about." Jongin said pulling away. Eunji was shocked to hear that he talked about her. "Hello." Sora bowed and smiled. "H-hello." Eunji returned the bow. "I heard you're really good I'm a dancer myself as well." Sora said.

"O-oh really?" Eunji was surprised that she was actually having a conversation with the girl she hated because she stole Jongin away. When in reality Jongin was never hers to begin with. "Yeah I do ballet, my class is down the hall." she pointed out.

"Oh." Eunji replied looking at the direction she pointed at. "Oppa my mom texted said shes making your favorite, lets go." Sora turned to Jongin. "Really?! Come on I love your moms cooking." he lit up and grabbed her hand. "Bye Eunji see you tomorrow." he waved at her. 

"Y-yes bye." Eunji bowed as they left. "Bye unnie." Sora waved back with a smile then clang onto Jongin's shoulder. Eunji watched as the two walked away together. "Bye..." she was now alone in the hallway. "Jongin's girlfriend." she finished and began walking.


 

» sorry if it was boring in the beginning. I was just trying to give you guys a back ground on the oc's life. I hope you enjoyed this update and another apology for taking a long time to update *bows* sorry. Please comment~