His Words

You Belong With Me

 

"Hey Eunji." Chanyeol, her best friend, greeted her with his big goofy smile that made anyone smile. "Hey." she smiled and waved at him. Eunji took her seat next to the window behind him. Chanyeol turned around to face her, "how was the audition?" he asked.

Eunji smiled, "I'm sure I nailed it." she replied. Last weeks audition consisted on whether you would stay in the school or in her case advance to the upper class. 

Chanyeol smiled brightly, "you did great." "How would you know?" she asked her friend. "Just a feeling." he replied. Eunji smiled and pulled out last nights homework. "Can you help me before Ms.Lee shows up?" she asked. Chanyeol nodded, "sure." he bent down and reached into his book bag.

Eunji looked out the window and spotted a familiar figure pulling up in a scooter. It was Jongin, the guy who stole her heart. And the girl who stole him away from her, riding in the back. 

Eunji sighed and rested her head on her hand. If only Jongin knew how much she liked him. Maybe one day he'll notice her and her kind heart.

"Which problem?" Chanyeol asked bringing Eunji back to reality. "Huh?" she looked at him confused, "oh number five." she said coming to her senses.

...

The day was passing by rather fast and before she knew it, Eunji was in her dancing class. Aside from the rest of the dancing classes that the school offered. Which was ballet, which Eunji found very boring. She joined the b-boy/girl class.

Eunji remembered the first time she saw someone break dance in front of her. It was a street performance. She quickly grew fond of the way they danced, how their feet seemed to never touch the ground. How they moved in such a way that made them seem like they were from a different planet. It fascinated Eunji so much that it changed her outlook on dancing and went against her mothers words and joined this class.

 "Afternoon class." Jay, the dance teacher, came in putting his duffel bag on the ground. Eunji pulled down her sweat pants and meet with the rest of the class. "After having a very long talk with Mr. Son (the principle) we came to a decision on who's exceeding to the next class." he announced.

The class grew rowdy with suspicion. Everyone wanted to exceed, especially Eunji. But only a handful can be chosen until the next audition, which is six months from now and Eunji could not wait that long. "Okay quiet down everyone." Jay raised his arms. Soon the room grew quiet.

Jay pulled out a piece of paper, "okay as I say your name please step to the right." he instructed. Eunji crossed her fingers and hoped her name was on that list.

Why was she dying to get in that class? There's only one reason she wants to go to the upper, more advance, class. And that was because Jongin was in that class, and she'll do anything to be closer to him.

"And the last one who will be leaving this class is," Jay said. Eunji held in her breath, please be me. 

"Park Eunji." Jay finished. Eunji jumped from joy, she couldn't believe it. "Congrats to all who made it." Jay smiled, "as for the rest you're still stuck with me." If there was anything that Eunji would miss, it would be Jay.

Eunji, along with the others who succeeded, walked down the hall to their new class. Eunji's heart was pounding, she worked twice as hard just to get in and it paid off. Krystal opened the door to a whole different world.

Where music shook the floor and the walls were decorated with splattered paint. And a whole wall was covered by a huge mirror. Right away Eunji felt her heart flip, it was a scene straight off a movie. She saw people dancing and even stepped back when a guy did a flip right in front of her.

The group of new students turned into statues as they were in awe of what's expected of them. 

"Newbies!" one yelled. All heads turned to them, including Jongin who Eunji spotted right away. Her heart skipped a beat as she swore they made eye contact for more than three seconds. "Oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys." a tall, young, man come forward.

"You're all from Jay's class right?" he asked in a rather serious voice that made a chill run down Eunji's spine. Krystal, the leader, nodded. "Yes sir." she replied. The man nodded, "I'm Zhang Yixing, but you can call me Lay." he smiled which took Eunji by surprise. She was no longer intimated by him.

"Welcome, I'll be your new teacher for now." he bowed. The rest bowed in response. "Okay since you're new lets get to know each other," Lay turned to his students, "by the dancing circle." The students cheered including Jongin.

Eunji, along with the rest, were confused. "Dancing circle?" Taemin asked. Lay turned to him and nodded, "everyone in a circle." he clapped his hands. Right away everyone put their bags down and got in a circle. Eunji looked around, she seen these people before in the halls, but never talked to them. She looked down feeling shy.

"Okay when the music starts someone goes in and dances to the music, but when it comes to a stop they have to point to another and it's their turn. Think of it as musical chairs." Lay explained the instructions to the odd game. Eunji bit her lip, she's nothing compared to the more experienced students, but if it gives her a chance to show off in front of Jongin then she'll take it.

Which meant she really needed to do her best if she wanted to get his attention.

The music started sending a slight shock throughout Eunji's body. The first song was a bit slow and definitely not what she was used to. Just then a girl around her age stepped forward. She had short jet black hair and had a body that anyone would kill for.

Her hips slowly moved to the beat and kept in perfect pace with it. Eunji was amazed, even though it was more of a soft dance this girl made it look strong and powering. Guys whistled in the crowd as she slowly popped her chest, keeping it clean yet y at the same time.

The girl finished with a victory smile. Eunji felt hot by the end and made her wonder how the guys must have felt. But more importantly Jongin. She turned to him and saw him whispering to a guy that was standing next to him. She sighed knowing there was no way she'll ever get his attention unless she somehow sprout into a completely new body.

The girl pointed at Junhong, a boy from her class. The young boy smiled as the music changed into a more upbeat song. He stepped in the circle and placed his designers hat on. Eunji smiled liking his cockiness and courage.

Junhong, or as people called him Zelo, popped his chest and spun on the floor. Even though his moves didn't really go with the beat, everyone still seemed to like it. Eunji clapped and cheered along as one of her classmates showed off the others. 

The young boy finished with a hand stand and kick in the air. He got back down and pulled his shirt down brushing off his shoulders and pointed at another person from the different class. One by one each person went making Eunji more and more nervous. 

The only thing she could think about is how was she suppose to top everyone else out. Soon the last girl from her class pointed at Jongin. Eunji felt a cold chill run down her spine, she was officially the last one to go. 

Jongin smiled and stepped in the middle, the music shifted into a fist pumping, chest popping, booty shaking sound. Jongin remained still for a moment as he felt the music. Soon he started to tap his foot. Eunji smiled brightly as she was finally going to see him dance up close.

She only watched from a far in the crowd which always made it hard for her to get a solid look. Jongin smirked sending Eunji's heart crazy and he began dancing. Eunji was in a trance as he shifted his foot from right to left in such a fast yet swift pace. 

Eunji stared at his feet then arms as they maneuvered in a wave like formation. Jongin proceeded as the beat grew intense and it seemed like he never missed a beat. Jongin bit his bottom lip making Eunji almost fall on her knees. Jongin finished with his signature move. Lifting his shirt revealing his "chocolate abs" as some people would call it.

Eunji clapped along with the rest of the class, she knew that this guy had talent. Suddenly she saw him look straight at her, she froze. Jongin stepped closer and pointed at her, "your turn." he said. The first words he ever said to her. Eunji was in complete shock.

It wasn't until she felt someone nudge her forward, "go." Jr. told her. She looked at him then back at Jongin who went back to his spot in the circle. Eunji slowly stepped forward waiting for the music to start. Just then a soft song came on which was something Eunji was afraid of.

"C-can you change it?" she asked Lay. He shook his head, "sorry." Eunji looked down and bit her lip, oh no I'm going to embarrass myself. Eunji only danced to this kind of music with a partner, her father, who passed away a year ago.

She felt a strong emotion run through her body, she closed her eyes remembering her fathers warm smile. His strong hands holding hers. The way they would laugh as her mother video taped them dancing in the living room. His kind eyes that she would never see again.

Even though it's been a year, Eunji still grew extremely sad when she thought about her father. She lost her best friend and her dancing partner. A tear escaped her eye and she opened them seeing everyone with eyes widen and mouths dropped.

She looked around and noticed she was on the ground, was I dancing? Eunji had no idea that while she was reminiscing the precious memories of her father, her body was moving along with her. Suddenly there was a clap coming from Lay, "that was amazing." he said.

The class quickly joined in and nodded, including Jongin. Eunji  got up feeling her cheeks get red, "thanks." she said walking over to her spot in the circle. "Okay that was everyone right?" Lay came in the middle. The class nodded. "Well that's all for today, tomorrow we'll officially start with the newbies." he said looking at Eunji.

Eunji smiled and looked down then turned her direction to Jongin. He was looking right at her which caught her be surprise. Eunji gasped slightly as he smiled at her.

 

 

Today was the day Jongin first spoke to Eunji and the first time he noticed her.

 

 
» yay first ever update! please tell me what you think so far, I would love feedback.