About Me

Punk Kid

Ren's P.O.V.

 

Another hard day. First college then work. Wonder how long I'll be able to keep this up. I've been living this life for 2 years now, same tempo almost every day. Monday to Friday college, work and then college assignments, Saturday is always reserved for having fun with my friends, which to be honest was so tiring. I had no energy for Saturdays, although it was relaxing in some way. I could get my brain to rest for that day, because on Sunday I would rest in the morning, but in afternoon I would study or draw some more for college. I loved drawing, but hated studying. Most of the subjects were boring as hell.

Well, I should stop ranting, right? It's not like it's going to help me anyway. I'm pretty sure I'm going to continue this lifestyle for another year or so, until I finish college.

The pay at my part-time was not so big, but not so small too. Of course I would love to earn more then $350 a month, but I liked my job. I was working at a cute little patisserie/cafe place who was 5 minutes walk from my apartment. It couldn't be better, right? I needed money, since my parents couldn't send me much and I didn't want to depend on them anymore, but I still thanked them for that little help they did for me. I moved from Busan to Soul 4 years ago to attend fashion design college. Cool, right? It was always my dream to become fashion designer.

I looked at the clock on the wall. It was 10 p.m. and I was beet, but still had some drawing to do. The concept was "rebel" and we had to draw minimum of 30 styles on A5 paper. Well, even though I love creating clothes, but 30 different types of the same concept was a little too hard. I already did 14 and I was running out of ideas. Now I had to think of what I'm going to draw next... or maybe I'll just go to bed? I was so tired and was not in the mood for rocking my brain. I stood up and changed my clothes for sleeping and set alarm clock. Before I was about to pull my curtains I saw a kid sitting in front of my apartment building. Probably just some rebel kid, he was even smoking. Ahhh, will they ever understand how lame and funny they look? Nothing cool about it. I pulled my curtains and went to sleep.

 

- - - - -

 

The morning came and I was going out of my apartment and saw a kid sitting on a bench in front of my house. I wasn't paying attention to him, because I really didn't care who or what's he doing. I just passed beside him, not even glancing at him.

After the college he was still there. Just siting and playing with his phone. Weird kid. Doesn't he go to school? Doesn't he have any friends? But, then again, not like I care.

After 2 hours of lazing around I got myself together and went on my part time job. The kid was not there anymore and I was kind of relived. He looked like a punk and all I needed was some fight to break out outside my building or something.

 

"I'm here." - I said while putting on my apron.

"Hey man!" - A cool looking guy named Aron said in english. - "We really need you. It's kind of cramped today, not sure why...or am I?" - he smirked. - "It's because I'm making my new specialty - Strawberry-Banana cake!" - he announced with his head up high, acting proud. But of course that was not the reason.

I laughed - "Mmmm, I gotta try that!"

Aron was from America, but decided to go back to his roots in Korea. He's a pastry chief in this place and a pretty laid back one at that.

"You will. I'll leave it to you after work." - he winked and left. He loved teasing me and hitting on me, because, and let me quote him, I looked like a girl. But I knew he was just joking, so it didn't bother me. And he wasn't my type.

The tall handsome guy named Minhyun who make girls go kyaa kyaa, approached me and told me to get some cheesecake for table 4., which I did.

You could say this bakery is "famous" for having handsome men working. Women were only costumers here, occasionally some men would appear, but they were here for the same reason as women. We would get confessed by women, but none of us ever said yes. I loved this place and people that I worked with. We became friends and one of them became my best. His name is Minhyun.

"Sooo~ busy." - Minhyun sighed while taking a piece of chocolate cake and putting it on his platter.

"Tell me about it. I came here 2 hours ago and I wasn't even able to sit." - I sighed too.

"Let's survive this!"

"Yeah!" - we fist bumped and continued working like crazy.

 

- - - - -

 

In the end we figured why so many people were there. It was some kind of girl high school reunion. That explained everything. And although we earned a lot today, I was relieved the work will not be so hectic, because if it would be like this everyday I would probably die. On the other hand I tried the strawberry-banana cake and oh my god! I can say that it is one of my favorite so far! I so look forward to eating it!

There he was again. Sitting, looking disinterested in everything around him, except his phone. I took a fast last glance of him and I saw a crack on his lip and his hands looked like he was hitting someone, all cracked and bloody. His appearance looked nothing like a kid. Maybe I was wrong. But he didn't look like he was 20 either. Definitely looked scary and not trusting. I walked faster and quickly went inside my apartment.

Well, whatever. Stupid kid.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Another story I am working on. Hope it will take someone's interest. =)

Please don't be a silent reader =)