A man steps up

The Falling Man

 A man steps up.

 

Cho Kyuhyun was the last person you would expect to attempt to commit suicide. He would always smile and joke around with that snarky attitude of his.

 

No one ever noticed how those smiles never reached his eyes. Or how his laughter sounded forced and strained. No one has noticed how this person was slowly, slowly dying on the inside. Nor have they noticed the faint scars on his wrists or bruises littering his body. They haven’t noticed the little wince of pain he would let out when he sat down.

 

That’s because they’re ignorant.  And that’s because they don’t care.

----------------------------------

Kyuhyun looked down at the crowd of people below with empty eyes. He was currently sitting on the edge of the school rooftop, dangerously close to falling off. Shouts of his name and screams for him to get away from the edge came from the crowd. None of their words reaches his ears.

 

He looked up and watched the snow falling. Soon he would be falling along with the snow… Suddenly, the urge to childishly stick out his tongue and catch the snowflakes rushed through him. So he did. The small snowflakes landed softly on his tongue and melted on impact. He closed his eyes and let himself be immersed in one of his memories.

-----------------------------------

Kyuhyun was running through the snow, trying to get home as fast as he could. His breathing had become heavier and a pink blush appeared as blood rushed to his cheeks. His breath hitched once he tripped over a rock.  He fell face first and just lay there. He began to wonder what type of punishment he would get today for coming home late.

 

Slowly his consciousness began to slip away from him and the world was turning black. Just before he passed out, he felt a pair of warm arms wrap around him. “Hey! Are you o-“ was what he heard before passing out.

 

Kyuhyun woke up with his head pounding and his throat hurting. Once his vision cleared he tried to sit up, only to find himself in an unfamiliar room. “Where…?” he whispered. He turned his head towards the door after hearing the door click.  A man stepped in. He had warm brown eyes, dark hair, and tan skin. Put shortly he found him very attractive.

 

“Oh! You’re up!” he exclaimed once he entered the room. “I found you out in the snow and you looked very sick. I hope you don’t mind that I took you to my house. I didn’t want to leave you out there. Oh yeah. My name is Siwon by the way. What’s yours?”

 

Kyuhyun hesitated for a second before answering, “Kyuhyun.” Then he erupted into a fit of coughs. Siwon frowned then walked closer to him. Then he put a hand to his forward. “Hmm… It still seems that you’re really sick… You should go back to sleep.” He nodded then lay back down and tried to burry himself in the blankets. Soon he fell into a dreamless sleep, more at peace then he has been in a while.

 

The next time that he woke up he was feeling a lot better. Something felt off though… He turned around to see Siwon sleeping right next to him. He immediately panicked and then fell out of the bed. He winced then rubbed his . That’s when he realized that he was dressed in nothing but his boxers and an oversized shirt. He then tip toed out of the room and went to look for his clothes.

 

He got to the end of the hallway when he heard a voice. “I see that you’re feeling a lot better. You could’ve just waked me up.” It was just Siwon. Kyuhyun sighed in relief, “I’m sorry… I just didn’t want to disturb you.”

 

“It’s fine. It’s fine.”

 

“But…”

 

“No. It’s fine. And your clothes are currently in the dryer. I’ll lend you dome of my clothes in the meantime.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“It’s nothing. How about you go take a shower and I’ll set out some clothes for you outside of the bathroom,” he said walking away. Kyuhyun went into the bathroom and the shower. Scalding hot water flowed down and brought relief to him. He sighed in content and then washed his hair and body. He then turned it off and stepped out. He wrapped a towel around his waist.

 

On the sink was a black and white striped sweater, a pair of jeans, and some boxers. He put them on and then walked out of the bathroom. Kyuhyun then walked downstairs and was surprised to see Siwon waiting for him with some breakfast. “I thought you might be hungry so I made some soup,” Siwon greeted him. “I’ll be going out shopping later… Do you want to come with me?”

 

He nodded and then sat down. They both sat and ate in comfortable silence. After eating they both walked towards the entrance to put their coats on. “Here,” Siwon said as he handed his coat to him. “I’ll lend you my scarf too. I don’t want you to get sick again.” “Thanks,” he mumbled as he put the two articles of clothing on.

 

The duo left and then took a taxi to the super market. Once they stepped out Kyuhyun stopped and looked up at the sky. It was snowing again. In the corner of his eye he saw a little boy sticking his tongue out. A snowflake landed on his tongue and he squealed happily. The little boy ran over to his mother and then screamed, “Mama! Mama! I caught a snowflake!” His mother smiled down at him and said, “That’s nice honey. Now let’s get to the car.”

 

Kyuhyun was so busy watching what the little boy was doing he didn’t realize that Siwon was waiting patiently for him by the entrance. “Kyuhyun-ssi. Are you going to come with me or are you going to stare at the snowflakes the whole time?” Siwon called out to him. He blushed then ran towards him and followed him inside.

 

After buying everything Kyuhyun asked Siwon something, “Why did that little boy stick out his tongue and then claim he was catching snowballs?” “Well it’s fun… And children like it too. See?” Siwon answered and he stuck his tongue out. A snowflake landed on his tongue, but then it melted away. “You try it.”

 

Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out and a snowflake landed on his tongue. It felt cold and wet. But it also felt nice, so he didn’t mind. He let out a genuine laugh for the first time in a long time.

---------------------------------

‘Siwon…’ Kyuhyun thought. ‘I’m sorry I couldn’t keep my promise.’ He opened his eyes once again. It was snowing just like this when the two of them met… Tears began to drip from his eyes as he pushed himself over the edge.

Finally! I'm sorry for the late update- I got sick. ;-; I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for subscribing :D comment??? Please??? ;o;