Crystal Oceans~

Secrets of the Stones~

A long time ago, a pretty girl named Yoona lived with her father in a little house on the coast. Yoona loved living by the sea, she loved watching the fish swim in the water and loved pulling flounder faces at those who watched back. Lately Yoona had noticed that she was spending more and more of her free time down on the shore watching the fish or walking along the water. As she walked along wondering why this was the case, something in a nearby rock-pool glittered and caught her attention. Looking around to see if anyone was around that could have dropped something and seeing nobody, she walked over to the pool and found in it a beautiful deep blue sapphire pendant sitting in the water. It was so dainty it could have easily been missed but there was something about it that made it seem different, special almost. Bending down to pick it up everything fell still, and as Yoona removed the pendant from the water there was a huge rumble and the skies opened up and it started to pour. Startled Yoona ran home to get out of the rain with the pendant still entagled in her fingers.

Once inside Yoona went into the kitchen to make herself a cup of Sungnyung to warm herself with, but just as she turned the kettle on there was a loud crack as a thunderstorm started and the power cut. The house fell dark, but Yoona could see light coming from the living room. After clearing everything away Yoona walked into the living room to see the light was coming from the pendant, intrigued by the strange object she decided to take a closer look. Taking the locket up to her bedroom she placed it under her microscope for closer inspection. To her amazement inside the stone there were loads of really small fish swimming about... and there was a little flounder making faces at her. As Yoona watched the fish swimming about the stone, she slowly realized that the fish were spelling out words.

"Come down to the cove at 1am. Come alone. Bring the pendant."

Curious as to what was going on, Yoona changed into dry clothes and dried her hair then went back into her room to collect the pendant. Carefully putting it into her pocket she grabbed a coat and left for the cove. Once there Yoona found herself standing alone in the moonlight. After about 10 minutes the water in the cove glowed a light blue color and the water bubbled as a beautiful figure walked onto the shore. Amazed instead of running Yoona stood and watched the figure rise, walk up and stand next to her. Smiling the figure said,

"Thank you for coming, I know this must see very strange but we hoped you would come. You are a clever and curious girl and we knew that you would find the secret of the pendant and want to know more..."

Agreeing that she would like to know more, the figured continued,

"Do you have the pendant?"

Removing the pendant from her pocket Yoona held it up at shoulder height. The figure took it from her and started to explain what it was,

"This is no ordinary pendant as I'm sure you've gathered, and this stone is no sapphire. This stone is the heart if the sea, it is entrusted to one special girl in a generation to keep it safe. You have been chosen for this generation Yoona, you must keep it safe, you must not loose it and it must not break. Do you understand?"

After a few minutes Yoona nodded, unsure of what to say. The figure continued with a reassuring smile.

"I know its a lot to take in but there are some benefits to having this, for example if your wearing the pendant you can breathe underwater so you could get up close and personal with the fish you have grown up watching from afar. Or you could even speak to them if you'd like. Another thing is you can enter the water and not get wet... I could go on but I think you get the idea though I will say one more thing, no matter where you go you will always have the sea close to your heart. Will you look after the pendant?"

Staring blankly at the figure Yoona just stood there, and several minutes later replied,

"Are you serious? Is this actually happening or did I slip on the rocks this morning and knock myself out because this is too much to believe..."

The figure looked at her as if she was thinking deeply about something, then suddenly asked,

"What is it you want to do with your life? What career would you like to have?"

Without a second thought Yoona answered,

"I want to be a singer!"

Also without hesitation the figure proposed a deal,

"If you take the pendant I can tell you how to make that possible, I've heard you singing while walking along the shore you definitely have the voice to succeed."

Hesitating slightly, Yoona looked at the figure suspiciously and commented,

"There feels like there is another catch here, what is it?"

Impressed the figured answered her,

"Very good, there is indeed another catch. If you become a huge singer you must promise to do your fair share of charity work, it doesn't have to be protecting the sea but you must do something..."

Smiling Yoona nodded as if it was obvious that she would have done that anyway the figure reached out and put the pendant around her neck. There was a bright light that filled the cove and gradually it dulled down to a gentle glow, the figure smiled and said,

"It knows you'll keep your word, so I will tell you the information I promised. In the next town there will be an audition for SM Entertainment held in 3 days time, I'd suggest singing WAX's "Please" I think you would sing that well!"

Grateful Yoona bowed respectfully and thanked the figure, before turning to head home. As she reached the wall Yoona turned back to find herself once again standing alone in the cove. Once home Yoona discovered that there was indeed an Open Audition for SM Ent. in the next town just as the figure had said on Saturday starting at 2pm. Though curious to why they set it up so far from Seoul, Yoona made her arrangements and started to work on her audition song.

When Saturday finally came Yoona sat in the reception with about 10 other girls feeling a little nervous. Being first to audition at 2pm Yoona was called in, after performing her heart out she left for home confident there was nothing more she could have done. Several weeks later Yoona received an e-mail from SM asking her to join them as a trainee. Elated Yoona quickly sent a reply saying she would love to and ran to start packing. As she dashed about her room throwing everything to hand into a suitcase, Yoona wondered to herself if any of the other trainee's would have such unusual stories...

The End~