Backstage

Coincedental

I’m sometimes scared of Hyerin’s definition of fun. I mean, this is not the first time she dragged me somewhere. One time, we went to an underground rap face-off/battle/or whatever you call and it was not pretty. People got physical for reasons I don’t know. Another time we went to a rock band’s concert. I was actually enjoying the concert when bottles were suddenly flying from every direction. Then she forced me to this fashion show that turned from fairy tale-like to nightmare before Christmas-like. She has dragged me to other places which turned out to be a not so pretty experience.

“So, are you not happy I dragged you here?” Hyerin turned to me with a smug look on her face. I hate that look on her face. But I did have a good time and I am indeed happy she dragged me here.

“Yeah, yeah. Thank you, oh great Hyerin, for dragging me here.” I said with a mocking smile. “This is actually the first event you dragged me into that turned out to fun.” But little did I know that the things that will happen are contrary to the things happening now.

After everyone has settled down and others exited the venue, a concert staff herded us with backstage passes, well, backstage. There were about twenty of us in the group. When we got there, sweaty and tired-looking B.A.P greeted us with smiles that could cure cancer. They welcomed us so warmly it seemed like they did not just had an -busting fete. I know I will not be all sunshiny after dancing and singing for hours. But hey! They really must love what they are doing.

Nothing much really happened backstage. We shook hands with the band, some asked for hugs and hi-fives, took pictures with the band, had stuff signed. I remember someone fan-girling too much over the leader that she almost fainted. Everyone was swooning that I could almost see hearts floating all around.

I was enjoying the sight that I almost didn’t notice that someone was eyeing me. I caught the owner of the eyes which was studying me. He didn’t look away. He had a smug look on his face. I hated it. I did not back down, I looked back at him. We just stood there and stared at each other for a few seconds only to be broken when a concert staff said that B.A.P now needs to go. I quite get it ‘cause they still have a concert tomorrow night. The band said goodbye and said sorry that they couldn’t stay longer and this and that.

“He sure is weird.” I muttered to myself. I grabbed Hyerin’s arm who was still obviously swooning over the boys. “We need to go now. I’m tired and I really want to sleep now.” Hyerin surprisingly agreed easily. She would usually suggest for us to go somewhere else, some sort of an after party I guess. Maybe all of her energy was drained from fan-girling too much.

We were just about to exit the venue when someone ran after us. “Miss! Miss!” We turned to the person. She was handing us something. “B.A.P is inviting you to attend the after party which will be tomorrow night after the concert.” I was confused. Then, Hyerin immediately grabbed what turned out to be two party invitations from the concert staff.

“Thank you! Please send our thanks to the people who invited us. Also, please tell that we will definitely be there.” Hyerin beamed as if Christmas was tomorrow. I also thanked her then she went back.

“What do you mean with ‘we will definitely be there’? I have school on Monday and I do not intend to spend my Saturday night partying.” I scolded her.

“Nami, sweet Nami. You surely must realize that this is a rare opportunity that we cannot, absolutely cannot, turn down. So if my I were you, I will worry my less and party more. We are going even if means me getting you blind folded with your hands and feet tied and placed in a large sack.” She flashed me her evil grin and I knew that she meant every single word she said.

“Can I not have a say in this?”

“No.” Then she wrapped her arm around mine and started dragging me home.