Invitation

Coincedental

“Nami! Guess who has backstage passes for B.A.P’s concert tonight?” Hyerin, my hardcore Baby of a friend, came rushing through my apartment door screaming.

It was a Saturday and I had the day free. School work was finished, I had no reports coming up and I finished all the chores around the house. Dressed in my favorite purple shirt and white shorts, I was ready to laze the day away in front of the TV when Hyerin came.

“Well, seeing that you are that excited. But still I’ll pretend to not know.” I said quite dryly.

Hyerin just rolled her eyes and continued speaking. “I, Kim Hyerin, just got us backstage passes for tonight’s concert.”

“Us? You-and-I us or you-and-someone else us?”

“You-and-I us, stupid. I thought you love B.A.P?!”

I listened to B.A.P’s music before.  I’m not really crazy over them, sure I like their style; but to go to their concert on my precious day-off? I think I’ll pass on that.

“Hey, don’t tell me you’re not coming? I literally battled hundreds of people just to get my hands on these.” She said while waiving the tickets on my face.

“You know how I don’t like crowds. Besides, this is my first off in a long while and I plan on spending it at home. I need rest.” I looked at her in my best attempt at being cute.

Hyerin and I are 22 years old this year. We’ve been friends since high school and we attend the same university. Hyerin is one of B.A.P’s biggest fans. She was the one to introduce me the band.  She forced me to watch the “Warrior” MV.

“Don’t give me that excuse. I’m just as busy as you are but I still faced hell’s fury just to get these. I know that you don’t like crowds; that’s why I got us these tickets. Concerts can be relaxing too. It’s not that I can’t get someone else to come with me but I really, really want you to be there.” Hyerin continued to explaining how this event is very important for B.A.P and so on and so forth.

Seeing how passionate she was and how she seemed to go on endlessly, I finally agreed to go with her to the concert.

There goes my plan on hibernating.

“You better promise me that this will be worthwhile or I’ll curse you and the fifty generations after you.” I said to her while trying my best to look serious.

“Oh, this will be worthwhile alright. Go change and we still have to queue when we get there. Come on now, we don’t have all day.” She said as she shoved me into my bedroom to change.