Lunch 'Date'

A Race to the Top

     Everyone in the building you passed gave you and Kai a wide eye look. Who could blame them? This was a proffesional workplace and the new guy was carrying you out on his shoulder. You found yourself fiddling with your shirt and skirt, just to make sure nothing was going to fall out anyie soon. Kai walked outside into the parking lot, but he didn't put you down until you reached the car.

     "Go get in." he said as he made his way over to the divers side door. You peeked around and started to walk away once you didnt see him, only to bump into something. You looked behind you and saw Kai standing with his arms folded and his head down. "Do I really need to forcefully put you into the car too? Either you just don't want to go to lunch with me, or-" He leaned in with a smirk on his face "-you just like it when I grab you." He laughed as you stood with a shocked expression. "Yah! That's not it you pabo." You said as you walked back and got into the car.

     Kai walked around and got in on the other side, he started the car and pulled out of the  usually busy parking lot with ease. You slumped down in your seat and watched the road disappear underneath the car as Kai drove down the road. "So what is this thing you're working on that makes it impossible for you to leave the office?" Kai asked with a smirk. You sighed and turned your head to look out the window, "Hello?" He asked sarcastically. You sighed again and fell deeper into the seat, then, out of no where you felt something on your leg. You jumped and let out a small squeal, your hands found themselves on your mouth in an instant. Kai laughed loudly, "What kind of noise was that!" You turned and glared at him, "All I did was this." He laughed as he put his hand on your leg towards your knee and squeezed it a little bit.

     You let out another squeal and hit him in the arm. "What was that for you pabo?!" You yelled as Kai pulled into a parking lot, he laughed an said nothing as he got out of the car. He turned back to you and motioned to the small coffee shop, "You coming?" You read on his lips as he smiled, you were really tempted to just go hungry until dinner, but you still had the entire day ahead of you filled with work, school, and who knows what else. So instead of wasting your energy in fighting Kai you unbuckled your seat belt and got out of the car.

     "I knew you were hungry." Kai smiled as he walked into the shop, you followed behind him and got hit with the door. Apparently this kid has never heard of holding the door open for people.

     "Ow!" You yelled as you rubbed your head, Kai looked at you and then back to the menu. You scoffed and cut infront of him when the man was ready, "Hey." Kai said, you turned back and stuck out your tounge. "A mango smoothie please, and a hot panini sandwhich." You smiled to the man, this was the only shop in town that sold sandwhiches, and boy they sure were good. Kai then walked infront of you and told the man his order, then he walked back to you and waited for his food and drink. It was an akward silence until the food showed up, you both grabbed your things and went to find a table. 

     "So really, what are you working on?" Kai asked as he put a peice of salad into his mouth. "It's a project. I'm trying to set up a small local coffee shop."

     "But there are a ton of those already." Kai stated, you shook your head.

     "Yes, but they are all company owned. These shops will be owned by locals, you see, with company owned shops all the money goes back to where they get their products. But if a shop is owned by a community, then all the money stays within that area. With that money a parent can send their kid to college, or maybe if their town needs to be cleaned up they wont have to wait so long for it to be done. Do you see where I'm going with this?" You asked Kai, pointing your straw at him. He was looking at you with a very confused face. "Kind of." 

     You groaned and put your staw back into your smoothie. "Well it's time to get back to the office." Kai stood up and went to put his things into the trash. "Are you coming or what?" He asked before he walked out of the shop and to his car. You hurried and quickly put your things into the trash can. You ran out the door, but, Kai was already gone, you looked around and saw his car driving away. "You pabo!" You yelled and stomped your foot, earning a few glances from some passerbys you lowered your head in apology. "Well I'm not going to get anywhere by standing around." You said to yourself as you started to walk towards the office.

     About halfway there you stopped walking and looked ahead, the office was a good twenty minutes away from where you were and your feet were really starting to hurt. "Stupid shoes." You mumbled to yourself as you bent down to take them off, "Hey there." A voice called. You stood up and looked behind you, but, no one was there. "You need a ride?" You gasped and whipped your  head around to the road, and sure enough, Kai was there, sitting in his car. "You!" Kai looked over and smiled, he made a movement  towards the keys, "Don't you dare!" You yelled as you made your way over, Kai smiled and turned the keys. He put his foot on the gas and sped off down the road. "I'm going to kill you!" You yelled as you bent down and took off your shoes, you started to run towards the office. The rocks and other items on the sidewalk didn't make you stop running no matter how bad they hurt your feet.

     "No, really, come get in. Your feet are starting to bleed." You turned your head and saw Kai slowly driving next to you, you looked down and saw that he was right. The pain was really becoming noticeable when you got into the car, "Ow" You whispered, grabbing your feet. You felt a hand start to pat your back, you sat up and glared at Kai. "Don't ddo that! This is all your fault!" You told him as you hunched back over to grab your bloody feet. "I'm not the one who told you to run though. Who's the pabo now?" He whispered silently as he drove the rest of the way to the office. 

Sorry for the late update :P It' spring break now though and I'll be updating a lot more now! Subscribe and don't forget to leave a comment!