New Guy

A Race to the Top

     "Kyung Mi did you get those files on the property taxes for the coffee shops?" Your father asked, in a stern busy voice. "Aish! Sorry dad, I'll go get those right now!" You ran out of your fathers office rushed down the hallway to your office. You pushed a peice of hair behind your ear and searched through the pile of papers on your desk, "Ms. Kyung, you have a 3:30 with the graphic design team and after that you have a lunch date with your mother. Once that is done yo-"

     "Aish! Can't you do anything else other than telling me what I have to do all day?! Come help me look for the property taxes you printed out." You yelled, you couldn't help it.

     The project you were working on was one you designed yourself, and so far it wasn't going as well as you had hoped. Your secretary stood at the door and fiddled with the pen in her hand, looking around the room and made no effort to help you look. "Yah! Come on!" You said as you pulled a drawer open and rambled through the inside. "I didn't print them." You looked at your secretary and glared, "What?" Your voice was low as you made your way over to her. She flinched at your cold stare, "They wouldn't print, so I tried at home, then well some things came up." She shrank under your gaze and made her way out of the room. You opened the door to see her running down the hall, "Get them to me now!" You yelled just before walking back into your office.

     You walked over to the window that over looked the north side of the city and sighed. A knock came to the door, "Come in." You said sitting down in your chair. You expected your secretary to walk in with the papers but instead a boy walked in. 

     "These are yours right?" He asked as he held up the papers you needed. You walked over to him and searched through the stack before looking at him once more. He was tall and had dark skin, his hair was black, he had a cheeky grin across his face that made you  melt a little bit. "Who are you?" You cleared your throat. The boy scoffed and put his arm on the door frame, giving you a look.

     "I'm the new guy." He smiled. You could feel your skin start to boil, if there was anything you hated more then people not getting their stuff done, it was them not giving you a direct answer.

     "New guy? Well then new guy what's your job?" You crossed your arms and looked around him to try to see a mail cart behind him, but nothing was there. He chuckled and gave you a smile again, "My job is to get you out of the office, come on, lunch is on me." He walked over to you, took hold of your arm and proceeded to drag you out of your office. "Yah! Let me go!" You  pulled your arm from his grasp and made your way back. You father however appeared from the corner and gave you a scolding look, "Mi, you need to go out and have some fun. I'll handle things here with your project alright?" He smiled to you then walked to the new guy, "Make sure she enjoys her day and doesn't think about work alright?" He patted the guy's shoulder and walked away.

      He looked to you with a smile and his hand held out, "Shall we?" He said with a smile. You slowly took a few steps towards him, then just before you reached him, you turned around and ran back to your office. Locking the door once you got inside, you heard the boy banging on the door.

     "Hey! I'll get fired if I don't do this! Open the door!"

      You chuckled to yourself as you made your way over to your desk, you took one last look through the papers before open turning on your computer. 

     The door slammed open and the new guy stood there with keys in his hands. "You're coming with me." He walked over to you and grabbed your hand. "Let me go! I have to work on this." You pulled your hand away and started to walk back, before you knew it though, the floor was no longer underneath you. The new guy hand picked you up and threw you over his shoulder and was walking out of your office making his way towards the elevator. 

     "Oh I'm Kai by the way." You heard him smirk, you sighed and dropped your head. 

     "Kyung Mi, nice to meet you."

Yay first Chapter!! ^^ Like it? Then subscribe and don't forget to comment!!!