I Still Miss You [Yonghwa/ Seohyun]

Strawberry Shortcake

He knew it still hard to come back to the places he just visited even after years, but he also knew he needs to do it if he really wants a full closure.

The paths he visited today will be a memory lane between him and her, started from the last one until the first one.

Unusual, maybe. But he never had been picked the usual one.

So, here he was, sitting at the café that somehow the past years got a little change, like they added a music box in the corner that replacing that used to a big pot of plant, the wallpaper already changed, and on. The café found by the two of them by coincidence. That day was their 2nd year anniversary, and somehow they didn’t make any special plan like the previous one, only strolled along the street, when they thought a good idea to make turn left or right, they just doing it. And it got them here, to the small, cozy café that become one of their usual spot, and also become the spot they said their goodbye.

It’s not they didn’t love each other, they still have that feeling, he believed that. But the feeling that they got was not enough for them being together. So, they parted here.

He ordered the same menu he was had back then, when he saw the food in front of him, the tears threat to fall, but he just closed his eyes and take a deep breath, wishing he still able to hold it up inside.

The next one is the book shop, the small book shop in the corner that he never thought to come; even he always passed by the street. But, she changed him. At first, he just being a good boyfriend accompanied her, walking behind her as she picked her weekly book to read, hearing her told the story for each book that somehow she already read.

He never knew when it crept to him; suddenly he was not only the man that walks behind her, listen to her. But he also got his own way around the book story, he also share a story about some books that he picked.

She never said anything about this change, only smile more widely every time he pointed and tell a thing or two about some books.

When he walked in, the owner gave him a smile, not saying anything, not making any comment like usual. Somehow he just knew his purpose to come back here again after missing some months.

The park was his third destination. He walked slowly to the bench that somehow becomes their usual spot. Here, they had their first.

First holding hands, that happened after their 1 month dating. It’s not him that makes the first move, it’s her. It’s surprised him, but made him feel like fly over the moon. She just gave him the look ‘what? Can I hold my boyfriend hand?’. His smile just plastered through that day.

First hug, it’s her birthday and he didn’t have any money to buy any present. So he just hug her in when he arrived at the part, late because the part time work he did took more time that he planned. Without saying anything, he just took her in her arms; give her the warmest hug he may think of. He felt the smile from her, when she hug back and said “I don’t need any present, just this.”

First kiss. Actually he planned a romantic dinner for their 3 months being together, but again she been busy with her internship, and he was in no different situation. So, when they able to sneak out from their work for just 15 minutes, they come to the park that somehow in between their work places.

He still able to remember how soft and sweet her lips were. Even after that, they have their second, third, fourth and on, but that first one never leave his mind. She just become more beautiful after the kiss, with small smile painted her face along with the red shadow coloring his cheeks. At that time, he made a promise that he will try his best to protect her.

First fight. He didn’t remember how it was begin, but somehow between school and work, somehow dating becomes the last in her priorities in her life. At first he support it, he understand about her big dream to become diplomat, he tried to understand in every possible way. He did.

But there’s a time when you just being selfish, and there’s a time you just felt you already enough with the understanding that always in your side. And that was it hit him. He just tired become the numbered option in her life.

He still remembered her face when he said he was tired become outnumbered in her life, he saw the guilty and hurt in her eyes. But she still sat in their bench. Not saying anything. And he knew that he won’t get anything, so he walked by from her, from the bench, from the park.

Even he tried to walk as slow as he can, he knew she won’t run to him, he knew her that much. So that time he just let out a deep breath and kept on walking.

First apologize. He didn’t know how he able to keep going those days after their fight. It was a week after that day; he got a text from her, for meeting her on the same park, one the same bench, but different time. Because she already there when sent the message to him, waiting for him to come.

When he walked toward the bench, he saw her. She looked so exhausted, fragile yet so beautiful.

Without a word, he took seat beside her. Only sound of the nature that rises between them, a proof there’s just a silence.

“I am sorry, really.” She whispered, but enough for him to catch. “I didn’t know that you felt like that, I never meant that to happen.”

Her shoulder moving up and down, she cried in silent. He closed his eyes for a moment, and then brought her to his arms. Soothing her back with his arms.

“I am sorry too.” He said, still hug her. “I should more understanding,”

He didn’t catch what she said because her sobbing already became a cried, cry that so desperate. He just felt the shaking of her head.

So, that day they have a long talk, about all of the feelings. All those time talk, only once he let her go from his embraced. That day they just didn’t care about others, they were the only one that exists there.

The last time he ride a bus was 2 years ago, it was the day they broke up. After that the next day, he decide to buy motorcycle. And a couple months ago finally he able to get his dream car, and the motorcycle already given away to his brother.

But today, even he already got his vehicle but he need to be here. At the bus stops. It’s his last stop. In this peculiar bus stop 4 years ago, he met her. Tried to brave himself over a month until he decides to make the move. Say hi, asking her name, then has a small talk, next her phone number.

After weeks sending and receiving text and sometime calls, he asked her out for a date then in this bus stop, while waiting for her bus to come, he asked becoming his girlfriend.

He didn’t get his answer at that time. Because her bus also arrived at that time, and she walk in to the bus. Devastated, that the feeling he got and hold up along his way to go back home. But when walk into his room, his phone was ringed, it was from her.

‘Yes’ that’s the only word she said, before she hang up. He stood by the door of his room, tried to digest what just happened. He only moved when his brother came out from the bathroom, and said something that he didn’t understand.

He smiled every time he remembered it, until this day. He wondered if she still using the same bus from here, maybe yes, or maybe not. He never knows.

He stands up from his seat when he saw his bus come. Queuing like that makes him feel nostalgic. So, he just smiles for the feeling.

“Yonghwa?”

That voice, the voice that never left his mind, his heart. He turns to the source of the voice. And there she is, standing, smiling, looking so dazzling beautifully.

“Hey,”

“Indeed, it’s you.” Her smile stills the same.

“Why?” He asked and walked out from the line, towards her.

“Well, I just afraid it’s not you,”

“How are you?”

“Fine, thank you. How bout you?”

“Same, I guess. Still using the bus?”

She nodded, “Yeah, nope. Ah, I mean, today will be the last time. I got my car by tomorrow,” she laughs.

“Really? Good for you, more convenient,” she nodded, agreeing with him.

Then the silence is back, with he just look at her, two years surely change her, not much just making her more beautiful.

“So …”

“So …”

They laugh.

“Do you have plan?” she asked, in between the laugh.

“Why? Do you want to asking me out?” he asking her playfully.

Her laugh stop, her eyes just look at him. “I am sorry, I am just…”

“Yes, I wanna asking you out,” she cut his words.

He knows he must be looking stupid with mouth open. And big eyes of surprise.

“So…” her voice trailed with shy smile.

He recovered; he didn’t understand how this could be happened. But he must admit until this day he still miss her, even love her.

So, without answered, he just took her hands, fingers tangled in between.

“Where do you want to go?” he said.