Abandoned palace

Protection Service

Shin Yong was left there alone as a girl dragged Il woo out to play with her. Shin Yong decided to go back to her mother before spotting a familiar kid. Shin Yong stopped as she remembered it was the boy who played marbles with the prince.

“At least he isn’t as bad as that spoiled prince.” Shin yong thought as she walked towards to the boy, who was helping the workers serving food. The boy looked up as he was a bit surprised.

“Hey.. it’s you!” He said as he pointed at her. “Marble girl” He smiled as he placed the vegetables at the side.

“I…am not a marble girl!” She pouted as she looked at him with a mad look. “Aren’t you.. the prince’s brother or something, which is why you were with him?” Shin Yong asked as she looked at him.

“No” He shook his head as he looked up at Shin Yong. “I’m just a servant also.” He said as he smiled.

“Ah..” Shin Yong said as she looked at him. The conversation got a bit awkward as the boy spoke up.

“What’s your name?” The boy asked as he smiled.

“It’s….” Shin Yong paused for a moment as she remembered what her mother said.

“Don’t tell anyone your real name in the palace besides the king, we’re trying to do this secretly.”

“My name is Seo Yong” Shin Yong lied as she smiled.

“Ah.” He looked at Shin Yong. “My name is Minwoo” He said as he played with the grass.

“Ah..” She smiled as she looked up in the sky. All of a sudden, Shin Yong heard a familiar voice calling her name.

“Seo Yong! Seo Yong!” A servant yelled as Shin Yong quickly got up. “I..er..got to go now!” Shin Yong said as she waved to Minwoo. Minwoo waved back as she quickly walked towards to the halls until she heard her mother’s voice in one of the rooms.

“Did you get it?” A male’s voice said.

“Yes I did.” Shin Yong’s mother said as Shin Yong paused. She walked towards to the room as she took a peek.

“You said you needed the book full of the names, I got it.” Shin Yong’s mother said as the king was there, nodding.

“Good, this will help us.” He said as he took the book as he looked at Shin Yong’s mother. “Thank you for helping, this will be a great support of suspects to start investigating.” The king said as Shin Yong’s mother nodded down.

“If it weren’t for those people who killed my husband, I don’t think that this would have never happened.” Shin Yong’s mother sighed as the king nodded silently.

“We will start investigating soon, and we will execute who started all of this harm.” The king said as he gave a sigh.

Shin Yong quickly noticed that the servant was still looking for her, so she walked slowly as the servant found Shin Yong.

“Oh! Seo Yong.” The servant sighed in relief as she came towards to Shin Yong. “Thankfully you’re here” She said as Shin Yong smiled.

 

*Night Time*

“We’re going to eat now.” Shin Yong’s mother said as Shin Yong tugged her mother’s shirt again.

“Yes?” She asked as Shin Yong looked at her. “Umma…” She stopped as she didn’t want her mother to know what she accidentally over heard. “Can I go play instead?” She asked as Shin Yong’s mother smiled.

“Okay, since you ate already.” She said as Shin Yong happily left.  She paused for a moment as she thought about her mother’s conversation with the king. “I wonder what umma was talking about.” Shin Yong thought silently as she walked outside of the courtyard. Shin Yong stopped as she spotted Il woo and that girl together still.

“Hurry! I want go to play house with you!” The girl said, constantly tugging Il woo’s shirt as he was a bit annoyed.

“I told you already, I don’t want to!” he said as he kept trying to get away with her.

“Then let’s play a game then!” She said as Il woo was ready to explode already from irritation. Shin Yong decided to ignore them as she kept on walking. Il woo spotted Shin Yong walking as Kyomin kept bothering him.

“Kyomin, look!” Il Woo said as he pointed to the opposite direction as Kyomin looked at where Il woo pointed to. He quickly ran off as he decided to follow where Shin Yong was going. Shin yong walked on as she arrived at an abandoned area with the old buildings of the palace connected together. Shin Yong looked around, a bit curious as she was amazed how beautiful the building was, yet it wasn’t used and was abandoned. She sat down by a bench as she looked around, kicking her feet around.

 

“Why are you here for?” Il Woo asked as he crossed his arms, looking at Shin Yong.

“I came here because I wanted to.” Shin Yong said as she ignored him, looking at another direction while talking to him.

Il Woo sighed as he looked up in the dark night sky. The stars glistened as he slightly looked down again. “My step mother passed away here when I was born” He said as he gave a small smile. Shin Yong stared at Il Woo as the cool breeze began to fly by.

“Where is this place?” Shin Yong asked curiously as she looked around. “This place seems as if no one is living here” She looked as Il Woo looked around.

“Ah this place?” Il woo said as he smiled. “This was my step mother’s palace. After my mom married the king, the mother was moved here to live separately in case there was a problem between the two queens.” Il Woo said. “But soon after step mother passed away, many left the building and it became deserted.” He said as he looked at Shin Yong. “Mother never allowed me to look around at the buildings here, I don’t know why” He said as Shin Yong nodded.

“Ah” She said as she kicked her feet from the bench. She stopped kicking her feet as she looked at Il Woo. “You’re not bad” She said as she stood up. “I just thought that you were a spoiled kid after all” She said as she placed her hands on her hips as she looked at Il Woo. “Someone like you” She pointed. “Probably not a bad idea as a king” She smiled.

“Il Woo?” A girl’s voice yelled as Il Woo and Shin Yong looked at her. Shin Yong looked at Il Woo as she gave him a mischievous smile. “Il Woo is h---“

Il Woo quickly grabbed Shin Yong as they both fell onto a bush behind the bench. Il woo fell on top of Shin Yong as they could hear Kyomin’s voice calling out Il Woo’s name. Il Woo quickly covered Shin Yong’s mouth as they both paused. As Kyomin’s voice began to fade. Il Woo quickly got up as Shin Yong quickly got up as Shin Yong quickly fixed herself, looking away. 

“I-I told you to stop that.” He said as he fixed his voice. “Prince! Prince!” The minister said as Il Woo looked. The minister quickly arrived at Il Woo’s presence as he gasped for air. “It’s time to eat! We were looking for you all over!” He said as he saw Shin Yong. “You’re not supposed to be here also” The minister said as Il Woo nodded.

“Okay okay” Il Woo nodded as he raised his hand. “I will arrive there in a bit.” He said as he turned around, looking at Shin Yong. He smiled as he walked towards to Shin Yong. “Tomorrow, I want you to meet me at the blossom tree, when we first met.” He said as he looked at her. “Tomorrow at 7 in the morning sharp” He smiled as he ran off to follow the minister.

Shin Yong looked at him as he walked away, only to head back to bed as she slid the door open.

 

 

*Next Day*

Shin Yong walked towards to the blossom trees as she looked around, not seeing any people anywhere. She sighed as she waited around, walking back and forth. The prince was late and she wasn’t sure if he was coming. All of a sudden, she felt another thud on the back of her head as she turned around, only to not spot the prince, but instead the girl who kept following him, Kyomin. Kyomin walked forward as she crossed her arms as she looked at Shin Yong in the eyes.

 

“I saw what happened yesterday” She said as she looked at Shin Yong. “I know that you two were together, I heard everything.” She said as she gave a glare to Shin Yong. Shin Yong gave her an odd look as Kyomin walked closer. “But no matter what, Prince Il Woo is mine!” She said as she picked up a rock and threw it at Shin Yong. “Oh were you waiting for him? I locked the door by tying the door with a knot.” She smiled as she looked at the rock as big as a mouse {keyboard mouse I meant =3=} and smiled as she looked at Shin Yong. “So if you expect the prince to be here, I don’t think you can” She smirked as she threw the rock as Shin Yong quickly closed her eyes.