Episode One - Childhood

Protection Service

 

 

Set at the Choseon era, King Jungsoo was now the king of the country of Korea right after the death of his father. King Jungsoo's brother, Prince Jeosoo, can only be the prince as he is the youngest of the two brothers.

The son of King Junsoo, Il woo, would be the next king in line. 
 

-------------------------------

 


Shin Yong looked around as she took a peek of the buildings.

The place was big, and beautiful, 

 

"Umma! Why are we here for?" She asked as she looked  up at her mother, who smiled as she looked at the palace. 

 

"We're going to visit the king for awhile." She said as she held

Shin Yong's hand. Shin Yong gave her mother an odd look. 

 

"Umma, why do we get to stay at the palace for? We aren't princesses or royal"

She said as she sighed, looking ahead of the building. 

 

"The king is your father's close friend. They were friends when they were small. They even went to school together when they were young!"

She said as she smiled as she walked ahead, as Shin Yong followed behind. 

 

The palace was filled with servants, workers, councils, and just so much more.

Shin Yong was amazed at everything she saw, since she had never been to the palace before.

"Wah~" She said as she looked around, amazed at the tall buildings, people, and the structure of each  and every construction work.  Shin Yong followed her mother into a house that was decorated nicely as a servant approached them. 

 

"What would you like?" She asked respectively as she looked at the mother and daughter. 

 

"We would like to meet the King, do you know when by chance, it will be possible to meet him?"

Shin Yong's mother asked as the servent nodded.

 

"The King is currently eating, Please wait for awhile here."

She said as she guided the two into a room with chairs. Shin Yong and her mother sat  down as they waitied for the king. Sneakily, Shin Yong was curious of the palace, and looked at her mother.

"Umma... Erm.. I need to use the restroom"

She said, tugging her mother's shirt. 

 

"Okay" She said as she asked a servant to ask where the bathroom was. 

 

"I'll guide you there" The servant said as Shin Yong nodded.

As they walked in the halls, Shin Yong couldn't help it, but mischievously wander off secretly as the servant kept walking. Shin Yong arrived at a court yard as she was amazed at the beautiful trees and just the scenary of the mountain view from it.

 

"Wah~" She said as she walked closer to the blossom tree.

All of a sudden, she felt a pain on back of her head with a "thump". 

 

"Ow!" She said, turning around as she touched the back of her head.

"Yah! Who did that?!" She said a bit aloud as she looked at the boy who stood there. 

 

"I told you that was wrong!" Il woo said as he was yelling at the boy next to him.

"You are not supposed to throw marbles like that!" He said as he showed the boy a gesture.

"You're supposed to flick and it flies like that!" He said as he flicked the marble, as it rolled towards to Shin Yong.

Shin Yong picked up the marble as she looked at the boys' direction. She walked towards them as she pouted at them. 

 

"Where's my apology!" She said as she looked at them. 

 

"So it's like this?" The boy asked as he flicked the marble, hitting another marble at the side. 

 

"YES! Like that!" Il Woo said as he smiled, a bit excited. 

 

"Yah!" Shin Yong yelled aloud, which surprised the two boys as they stared at her. "Who told you boys to play like that and just hit a girl like that?! Didn't your parents teach you to apologize?!" Shin Yong yelled as the two boys looked at her. 

 

"We were practicing how to play marbles" The boy said as he looked at Il Woo. 

"Yes, Is there a problem with that?" He said as he looked at Shin Yong.

 

"Of course! When you hit someone in the head like that, you are supposed to apologize!" Shin Yong said as she noticed the servant who was supposed to guide Shin Yong, looking around for her. Shin Yong quickly ran behind two boys are the servant disappeared. 

 

"Yah! Who told you that you can do that?!" Il woo said as he pushed Shin Yong. 

 

"I wasn't even doing anything" Shin yong said as she glared at him. 

 

"Oh right!" The boy said as he looked at Shin Yong.

"We're sorry" He said as he bowed. "and on behalf of Prince Il Woo also."

The boy said as Shin Yong looked at the boy in surprise. 

 

"P-Prince..Il Woo?" She asked as the boy nodded innocently. 

 

"Yes? He's Prince Il woo." He said as he smiled. 

 

"No wonder he's so spoiled and ignorant like that." Shin Yong quietly said as Il woo looked at her. 

 

"W-What did you say?!" He said as he was ready to yell at her also. "You don't even know---"

 

"Prince Il woo! Prince Il woo!" A male's voiceyelled aloud as Il woo and the boy looked at each other. 

 

"Plan B!" The two boys said as they both seperated, leaving Shin Yong a bit blank, still holding the marble at her hand.

Il woo quickly cleaned up the marbles as he spotted that Shin Yong also had a marble at her hand.

He quickly sighed as he didn't have time to steal it, and grabbed her wrist and quickly made a run towards to the back of the building as the threemale workers were looking for the prince. 

 

"Y-Yah!" Shin Yong quickly yelled as Il woo quickly covered .

He took the marbles and threw it into a bag as he climbed over the building, leaving Shin Yong behind in blank.

 

"You..!" Il woo sighed as he reachedout his arms from the window as Shin Yong looked up. 

 

"What are you..doing?" She said as the noisesof footsteps could be heard not to far from them. 

 

"Quickly!" He whispered as Shin Yong grabbed his arm, climbing the wall as she got into the window and in a room. 

 

Shin Yong and Il woo was in a room, filled with books as a female servant walked in. 

"Did you finish.." She looked up, only spotting Shin Yong who was with Il woo as he was still reading one of his books.

"Oh I have just finished." Il woo smiled as he placed the book down. The servant looked at Shin Yong as she looked at Il woo.

"What is she doing there?" The servant asked as Il woo looked at Shin Yong. 

"Oh her? I asked her to help me with some words." He said as he gave that go-with-it look towards to Shin Yong. 

"Y-Yes! He needed help so he asked me" Shin Yong said as she smiled.

 

"Il woo!" A girl said as she happily entered in the room, only to spot Shin Yong in there with him. She stopped as she looked at Shin Yong.

"Who..is this?" She asked as Il woo looked at Shin Yong. 

"She....erm was helping me with some reading" Il woo explained again as Shin Yong nodded. 

The girl gave Shin Yong a glare of dislike as she grabbed Il woo's hand. "Let's go play!" The girl smiled as she dragged Il woo up.

"I-I'm still reading!" He said as she took his book and threw it to Shin Yong. 

"She'll just teach it to you later then, Let's go!" She said as Il woo looked back at Shin Yong, only to be dragged out of the room and Shin yong by herself. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi readers! I'm back.. TT ___ TT.. With a historical fanfic. I hope you liked it ; u ; <3 Feel free to comment / subscribe <3