Unshared Bliss

Remember Me?

Chapter 3: Unshared Bliss

Word Count: 966

A/N: Again, most of this fic will be written in ever-changing POVs. If you're confused, please don't be afraid to ask me. I don't bite. RAWR.

 

borderline

I followed the light for what seemed like eternity. It was strange, as if I was in heaven. My legs didn't hurt, my body didn't long for food or drink. It simply kept on walking. Suddenly, the light grew bigger and more luminous than before. It started to blind me so I closed my eyes and felt my legs stop moving.  I could feel the life engulf my very essence.

 

I tried to open my eyelids once again.

 

"Narsha-unnie?" I tried to whisper. Her face was full of sorrow.

 

Her eyes dilated to the size of tennis balls, and tears started to race down her cheeks. Soon, I could see Miryo-unnie and Jea-unnie, too.

 

I tried to lift my hand to wipe Narsha-unnie's tears away but a stinging pain stopped me.

 

"Apa!" I said.

 

"Shush. Don't move." Narsha-unnie told me between her sobs.

 

I could hear Jea-unnie's and Miryo-unnie's footsteps and the creaking of the door.

 

"Where are they going?" I asked.

 

"To call the doctor." Narsha-unnie answered, wiping her tears away with one hand and gripping my hand tightly with the other.

 

"What… What happened?" I asked. "A plane… Fire… Sirens." The entirety of what had happened flashed through my head.

 

Narsha-unnie blinked her eyes in surprise.

 

"I see you remember. Jokwon's fine and awake in another room." She said.

 

"Jokwon?" I said the name. It felt familiar but no face showed up in my brain. "Who's he?"

 

"You… You don't remember him?" Narsha-unnie's voice heightened in complete and utter shock.

 

"I honestly don't remember."

 

borderline

 

Jea ran fast to Jokwon's room to tell him the big news. This news will definitely make him happy and positive emotions usually help patients to recover faster.

 

Her heels clicked loudly through the hospital corridors. Various people - nurses, doctors, patients - looked at her run with lighting speed.

 

She finally arrived at the door of Jokwon's hospital room, sweaty and tired, with her hair in a complete mess. She grabbed the doorknob, not bothering to fix her hair, and opened the door quickly. Jokwon, Changmin, Jinwoon and Seulong looked at her surprised.

 

"What's wrong?" Changmin was the first to ask. "You look wasted." He laughed.

 

"Gain." Jea puffed. "She… She…"

 

"She's what?!?" Jokwon almost shouted from his hospital bed, agitated and anxious upon hearing his lover's name.

 

"Awake." Jea managed to huff one last word.

 

Jokwon's eyes got bigger and a warmth filled his heart.

 

Jinwoon approached Jea and gave her a glass of lukewarm water. She drank it all up in one gulp.

 

"Thanks." She patted Jinwoon's back as she handed the cup over.

 

"Can I go see her now?" Jokwon asked.

 

"The doctor hasn't looked at her yet, so I don't think so. Maybe later." Jea said, sitting down on the bench at the side of the room.

 

Everyone could see how Jokwon's eyes sparkled with love and happiness upon hearing good news about his lover.

borderline

'What am I going to do?'That was the only thought my head could process. I couldn't make Gain worry about losing her memories right now, could I?

 

'Should I call the girls? Or the guys?'I tried to reason out.

 

"Narsha-unnie, what's wrong? And who really is that guy anyway?" She looked at me, a bit worried. It seems as if I wasn't able to keep the worried look away from her.

 

'What should I tell her?'

 

"Nothing. Don't think about it too much." I said, almost breaking a sweat. I hate lying to her but… I guess, for now, I have no choice until the doctor arrives.

 

'This is going to break Jokwon's heart.'

borderline

Meanwhile, in the hospital, another pair of heels clicked - Miryo's. She ran to the doctor's office, swiftly.

 

"Doc, she's awake." Miryo said, not very tired. She was used to running, well, but not in high heeled shoes.

 

"Why didn't you just press the button in the room to call me?" The doctor asked, standing up and fixing his lab coat.

 

"I don't know. I guess seeing her awake made me too happy to even think about that." Miryo said, following the doctor to Gain's room.

 

"Because she's awake, she should be in a steady condition. Her healing will continue now." The doctor told Miryo as they walked.

 

"How long do you think will it take before we can take her home?" Miryo asked.

 

"It depends upon the rate of her recovery. At the fastest rate, you can take her home in about a month." The doctor answered, walking at faster pace now.

 

Miryo's heels clicked faster against the hospital floor and the same pace at the doctor's. She was excited to be able to see her dongsaeng lively and awake and excited for the couple.

borderline

Jea sat calmly in Jokwon's hospital room, clicking on her phone and sending messages to all their friends and their manager. She quickly typed in a message.

 

"She's awake, finally, kekeke

Jokwon is so happy.

I'm so happy for them, too. :)

Hopefully, we can resume group activities soon >u<"

 

She send it to Seulong, Changmin and Jinwoon, too. They didn't receive it all at the same time but they checked the message and smiled.

 

'Yeah, I can tell he's happy. Look, it's like he wants to get out of his bed now kekeke'

~ Seulong

 

'I wish I could take him to her now :/'

~ Changmin

 

'Noona!!! Don't smile so goofily!!!'

~ Jinwoon

 

'Good. I'll be visiting soon.'

~ JYP

 

'Glad to hear Gain-unnie and Jokwon-oppa are doing great. Don't let Jokwon-oppa see Gain-unnie so easily >:D<'

~ HyunA

 

'Me and the guys will drop by soon, maybe separately so it won't get crowded there :)'

~ Doojoon

 

And lot's of other people replied with lots of enthusiasm for their healing. Jea couldn't help but still smile goofily at the thought of seeing them together again.