Turbulence

Remember Me?

Chapter 1: Turbulence

Word Count: 855

A/N: Not beta'd. The brown italic part is Jokwon's day dream

 

borderline

 

Gain rested her head on Jokwon's shoulder.

 

"You're so warm, Kwon." She whispered softly, mindful of the other passengers.

 

It was late at night and everyone on board was sleeping.

They too were tired with all the schedules they had in Japan - signing autographs and non-stop performances with the other 2AM and Brown Eyed Girls members.

The others went ahead because of their various schedules while the others were left behind, also because of their schedules.

 

"You should sleep for now." Jokwon whispered back, wrapping an arm around Gain to keep her warm.

 

Gain snuggled closer to Jokwon. "I love you." She whispered.

 

"I know and I love you, too." Jokwon said kissing her on the forehead, intertwining their hands.

 

After awhile, Jokwon felt that Gain was already sound asleep.

 

"I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." He looked at Gain's sweet, sleeping face.

 

He placed his head on top of hers and he dreamed while awake, remembering how their relationship turned into reality.

 

"Will you go out with me?" Jokwon asked, holding a bouquet of beautiful flowers in front of him.

 

Gain smiled and took the flowers, bringing them up to her nose and smelling them.

 

"Of course." She said, smiling.

 

Jokwon was so shocked. He was of course happy with the answer but still, he was shocked. He didn't think that Gain would say yes even through all the things that they have been through on 'We Got Married'. He grabbed Gain in his arms and hugged her tightly. Gain hugged back.

 

Jokwon lay on Gain's legs, there in a free space under the spring sun. The songs of the birds could be heard and butterflies were flying around everywhere.

 

"I'll always be with you, unless you don't want me around anymore." Jokwon said, placing Gain's hair behind her ear.

 

"I'll always want you around." Gain said, smiling and amused at what her lover had told her. She placed her hand in Jokwon's and the day continued. Silence filled them for a few moments because they were content to be in each other's presence.

 

"I feel like being in love is so amazing." Gain said. She looked to two butterflies fluttering in the sky together.

 

Jokwon sat up and looked at the butterflies too.

 

"Love. Love. Love." He said. "The memory of us together is the memory I will never forget even until my next life."

 

Gain looked to him.

 

"Me too." She smiled, enjoying the time she was spending with her lover today.

 

"I'm really lucky to be with you." Jokwon said. He held Gain's face in his hands.

 

Gain was just about to say something but Jokwon leaned in and kissed her. She kissed him back and

they smiled at each other. The joy of romance and new love, the feeling that you would wish could last forever, love, was in their hearts.

 

Slowly, Jokwon too, drifted off into a deep sleep, his lover in his arms. 

 

border

 

Jokwon woke up and looked at his watch.

 

"Thirty more minutes." He said to his self softly.

 

He decided not to sleep anymore.

 

Every few moments, he would play with Gain's hair or whisper soft words to her. He obviously was bored and had nothing better to do than to play around with his sleeping lover. Suddenly, the plane started getting shaky.

 

It must be just turbulence, he thought to his self.

 

None of the other passengers were paying attention to it, too.

 

Most of the passengers were awake by now, since the plane should be landing in only just a few more moments.

 

"Passengers of flight J2K-111, this is your captain speaking. I would like to inform you that there has been some engine difficulties which will be forcing to crash land in a few moments. Brace yourselves, I repeat, brace yourselves." The pilot's voice echoed through the plane.

 

Many were already panicking and some remained calm, like the old couple directly across them. They've been through so much in life and this must have taught them to keep calm in times like this. The youth obviously were worried and so was Jokwon.

 

No one is prepared to lose their lives but some know it's going to happen anyway, he thought,  looking at the old couple.

 

The flight attendants walked around calmly, making sure everyone is okay. Though some could keep their cool, fear was evident in many.

 

Gain slowly opened her eyes and stretched her arms softly, yawning. She looked around and noticed the panic that was happening in the plane.

 

"What's happening?" Gain tugged Jokwon's arm lightly.

 

"Something bad." Jokwon looked at Gain.

 

He leaned in and kissed Gain on the lips deeply. "Brace yourself." He whispered as he was taking his face away from Gain's.

 

Jokwon held Gain's hand and he held it tightly but comfortingly, hoping that this would calm his lover. He could feel her shake, probably in fear. He couldn't deny to his self that he, too, was afraid - for him but also for his lover.

 

He could feel Gain's grasp on his hand grow tighter and tighter as the seconds passed.

 

End of Chapter 1

Thank you so much for reading >//<