Good Intention Gone Bad

Sapphire Blue Balloons

"Hyung-nim. . .what is this?" Sung Min whipped his cellphone out without taking his gaze off the gigantic screen when Hee Chul snatched it from him.

"Yah! Do you want your girlfriend to come over and yell at us at this goddamn hour?!" He snapped. "We'll take care of this and we'll take care of this now." He turned to EeTeuk who sat on the hardwood floor, leaning on the linen cupboard. "Now, Park Jung Su, care to tell us what happened? Looking at you, you already know this is gonna happen, so. . .how?" He crossed his arms loosely about his torso, maneuvering the phone under his arm so Sung Min can't retrieve it.

"It's not what it looks like. . .I swear. Si Won-ah, look at her, don't you recognize her?" He asked desperately. "Kyu Hyun? Hyuk Jae?" On the computer screen, playing in a loop, was a video of him just as he caught up with a girl near the sidewalk. He held her by the elbow and she brushed him off rather harshly and boarded a red sports car. It was a little dark but the face of the woman was clear enough. The video was playing mutely, masking the real conversation that went along with it. But the related article had a very malicious headline: A Simple Lovers' Quarrel or a Relationship in Doom?

Park EeTeuk, the leader of legendary boy band Super Junior, was caught in the middle of a juicy scandal a few hours ago in the sidewalks of Itaewon. An amateur video was taken as well as still pictures of him and his alleged girlfriend in a squabble where the girl had walked out on him while they were dining in one of the posh Italian restaurants in the area. . .

"That was. . .Was it Hye Jin-sshi?" Kyu Hyun blurted out. "But. . .how?"

"I went after them, right? I think she was waiting for her friend's car and then I was trying to get her to talk so I can explain but. . .yeah, that's what happened." He motioned for the computer. "Then I barely noticed a camera flash and before I knew it, the bastard was running away!" He shut his eyes tightly in frustration. "Who knew there were paparazzis around? He posted it right away too! I am worried about her." The rest of the guys exchanged glances.

"Who is she anyway? She isn't really your girlfriend, is she?" Ye Sung inquired, eyes dancing in laughter. He hadn't seen his hyung so distraught in years. Si Won answered for him and told him a brief summary of what really happened for the benefit of the other members.

"I told you to keep your hands to yourself, didn't I? Now, how would you explain this? The ELFs will have a field day!" Hee Chul chortled in glee.

"Hey! This is not a laughing matter!" EeTeuk exclaimed. "Didn't it occur to you how dangerous it is for her if they recognize her?"

"Don't patronize yourself, Jung Su-yah. They wouldn't kill for you." He replied easily.

"I am going to sleep, you guys are no help at all!" He stormed to his room and banged the door closed.

"I guess I have to preside the meeting then." Hee Chul declared and the rest groaned in despair.

**************************************************************************************

He was beat. And all he wanted to do was sleep. Whatever he did, he still had to finish at least two days of filming before the director reluctantly packed up the set and decided to shoot the other actors in another location shoot in Hang Zhou. He will probably get a good ol' scolding when he returns to Beijing but he didn't care. He called Mudanjiang last night and his mom told him Iris was so under the weather. Which was very unlikely. She wasn't even that depressed when she stayed with them months ago. What could have gone so wrong this time?

His car was waiting for him on the Hailang Airport as he requested. He turned the stereo on as soon as he got in and put it in maximum volume lest he'll fall asleep driving. The short journey home were quite uneventful. He sighed heavily when he saw Iris sleeping on the couch in the great room, the whole room was dark except from the television mutely playing a historical Mainland drama. He settled his bags on the floor and fumbled for the dimmer to adjust the tableside lamp. "Iris-yah," Tapping her cheek gently as she stirred in her sleep.

"Ge?" She rubbed her eyes and sat up slowly. "You're back." She hugged him tightly and he thought there was something peculiar about being held by her when she had hugged him countless times before.

"Yeah. Why are you sleeping here?"

"No. . .I was watching TV. I didn't know I fell asleep." Han Kyung reached for a brown bag nearby.

"I brought you your favorite." He opened the bag and the delicious smell wafted through the whole room.

"Wow. Meat buns?" She snatched the bag and chomped on the soft white bread hungrily. Han Kyung chuckled.

"Slowly, hmn? And don't finish it all, it's two in the morning for Christ's sake." He rolled his eyes and Iris gave him a peculiar look.

"Ge, we are Taoist." She said pointedly. And they were. It came along with the Wushu training they had in the temples of Wudang. Although she dated Si Won for more than a year, she never did sway the other way and so was Han Kyung.

"As if I'll ever forget that." He retorted. He laid his head onto the backrest of the couch and closed his eyes. "Whatever brought you here?" He asked after a long moment of silence.

"I came to talk to you." She said, almost in a whisper. "And to bring you back to Korea." Han Kyung shot up at that and walked over to the fire place to add some wood.

"What kind of game is this, Han Ae Ra?" He snarled and had it been another instance, she would stopped and cowered in a corner. This was a side of Han Kyung nobody would like to see. The fact that he had called her by her real name should have been a clue on how mad he really was. "You didn't let me leave my job for something as ridiculous as your whims." He seethed. Iris was hurt by the harsh words but she's not about to pick a fight or back down. Not when he hadn't even heard the real reason why she came all the way from Seoul.

"Ah Yoo came to find me." Han Kyung dropped a slab of wood that fell soundlessly on his sock-clad feet. If that had hurt him, Iris can't tell; his face remained passive. He moved to pick the wood to throw it the fire before he rushed upstairs to his bedroom without a word.

***************************************************************************************

"Go away!" Han Kyung swung a pillow over his head when Iris raised the shades without warning. The sun was shining brightly for a winter morning.

"No can do. Our flight is today." She tapped her feet impatiently on the hardwood floor. "Get up or I'll make you." Han Kyung threw a pillow on the general direction of the voice. Iris caught it by one hand and sighed in exasperation. He wasn't a least bit perturbed and was glaring at her.

"I don't remember agreeing to some trip." He spat. "Just go home." It was the tone he used whenever he thought she was being too much and he had to assert his older brother stature.

"Ge," She sat on the bed, arms akimbo. She was thinking she could bring him to Seoul without saying anything and then maybe EeTeuk and Hee Chul can help her explain. But there was no such luck. "Ah Yoo asked me to come here."

"And you said yes? I didn't know you two were friends." He said dryly. Well, they were civil to say the least. Iris was being difficult and she thought Ah Yoo had too much of everything. Too many bodyguards (twelve people in total, a couple more people than what Iris's father usually brings), too many connections, too many admirers, too much money, etc. And for Iris, Ah Yoo to have Han Kyung was just. . .excessive. She was being possessive and she knew it and she didn't dare deny it when he confronted her about it.

"It wasn't for her that I came all over here. It's for Jin," Han Kyung's face didn't display any recognition at all and Iris's heart lurched. "Your. . .son."

He walked over to the door and opened it wide. "Out." He said in a voice no louder than a whisper. She didn't budge. "OUT NOW!" All of a sudden, he was screaming his lungs out and his face was so red and she could see the blood pmuping harshly against his neck. She thought for one second he's going to have a heart attack. "How dare you! How dare you joke about my. . .my. . ." He swallowed intermittently, "Just. . .go." His trembled at the last word.

"Ge! This is not the right time to be childish. You have no bloody idea how hard it is for me to be doing this! To be telling you this! I wish I am cruel enough to tell you on the phone or I maybe I should have let Hee Chul-oppa call you instead! I hate Ah Yoo. I hate her to the pit of my stomach for what she did to you. And I still do. But I can't let someone innocent suffer just like that."

"We suffered enough and you know that." He gritted his teeth.

"Geng, I heard some yelling, are you two fight--"

"Mama, I am leaving now. Thank you so much for taking me in. Please visit me in Seoul too." She hugged Han Kyung's mother and wiped her tears silently. Han Kyung was looking out the window, his stance stiff.

"Wait, aren't you--" She had slipped a legal-sized envelope from her coat on top of his work desk inconspicuously. "Something came up and I can't really stay longer." She had let go when she managed to keep her face straight.

"Ah, hao la. Let Wen Tao take you to the airport." She was referring to the driver. "Ah, forget it, I'll drive you myself. I remember the supply from Shanghai are coming in today and your Papa must be having a hard time already." She chuckled awkwardly, sensing the tension between them. "Geng, are you coming with?"

"I-I'll stay here for a few more days. I want to rest." He moved over to the bed and covered himself with the duvet.

**************************************************************************************

A/N: Short update:) I hope you guys can leave a comment. It gets me going!:)