Medic

Medic

Kyuhyun groaned as they loaded him onto a gurney, his left eye swollen shut after his lost fight with a tree branch. He felt cool fingers turn his face to the left. His right eye widened as he saw the most beautiful creature he had ever laid eyes on. He gave him his signature smile, only to grimace as pain exploded across his face.

"Please, sir, don’t move. I need to check for any broken bones."

"Kyuhyun." Kyuhyun said. Pretty brown almond eyes stared back at him in confusion.

"Excuse me?"

"My name is Cho Kyuhyun. What's yours?"

"Lee Sungmin, why?" Kyuhyun rolled his name around his mouth for a few seconds before answering.

"I’d really like to take you out on a date, Mr. Lee. If you would allow me." Kyuhyun knew he was being forward, but after all, he had never been someone to beat around the bush. He watched as plump cheeks turned a slight pink. It was one of the cutest things he had ever seen and he was someone who was prone to finding many things cute or adorable, much less admitting that he found them so. Sungmin his perfect plump lips and Kyuhyun couldn’t help it if he followed that motion with a hungry gaze. After a moment’s thought, Sungmin nodded.

"Alright, I’ll give you a date if you stay still and let me fix you?" Kyuhyun smiled, regretting it instantly. He heard a tsk and knew that Sungmin was reprimanding him already.

"Sorry, I apologize."

"It's ok. Now, I’m going to bandage you up." A small pink tongue found its way out of Sungmin’s mouth as he concentrated, holding him captive.

"There, done. As close to new as I can get you. Thankfully, nothing is broken, but if I were you, I would go to your doctor to check. It just seems like it’s going to be a nasty bruise to show for your lost battle." Sungmin disappeared for a bit, causing Kyuhyun to worry that he had left, but suddenly he appeared again, a small piece of paper in his hand. He handed it to him.

"Here's my address and phone number." Kyuhyun took it.

"Thank you."

"Just so you know, I’m off this Thursday."

"Oh, good."

"Are you free?"

"I always am. I work from home."

"Doing what? If I may know."

"I’m a music composer."

"Oh, that’s cool." Kyuhyun was about to show off more, when Sungmin’s name was called.

"I’ll be right there." He yelled over to the other paramedics. He looked back Kyuhyun.

"Well, you’re free to go. We have to be on our way." Kyuhyun jumped off the gurney, slipping the piece of paper into his pocket. Sungmin smiled.

"Call me." Kyuhyun’s smile was slight.

"Oh, don’t worry, I will."

 

-E