February Feels

February Feels

He tells you that "you're flushed." From the snow or makeup, he's not too sure, but "you're beautiful," he says. "Beautiful and glowing and radiant," and you're red for an entirely different reason now. Seunghyun fills the space between your fingers with his. Five thin, bony digits. He's tugging you toward the fireplace to ward off the cold. "I love you," he breathes. Into your neck as he sweeps hair from your shoulder, easing you out of your petticoat. He inhales you until your scent floods his nostrils. Your lips purse, swollen and cold while he rids you of the rest of your outerwear. How easy it would be to turn this way and kiss that supple mouth of his. But he's clutching your hips and looking down--oh. The boots slide from your feet with clumsy effort; you've gripped him and stumbled and he laughs, thick and low and husky like smooth chocolate, and the warmth of embarrassment wades over you again. "Stop laughing," followed by a fist to the shoulder. He smiles, the faintest of smiles, and you've decided that he is more beautiful in this moment.

--

A steady tempo of snoring, and you're all smiles, biting back the mirth bubbling in your gut because Choi Seunghyun is insanely adorable and unhinged while he slumbers. Your fingers tickle from his dark locks. s overflow with warmth as you inhale and his head shifts the slightest bit over your chest. His large hand forces heat into your side, and under any other circumstance, you would surely slap Seunghyun for being twice your size and laying on you like a newborn pup. But the moment is too perfect. Too serene and unabashed and reserved for stolen moments when he isn't living behind a shell of arrogance and confidence and halfway round the world, living his dream. You cherish these times. Preserve them in your mind like photographs, because God, this is every level of wonderful.

Shifting, your eyes touch the window pane. Watch feathery patterns of snow cascade around until your eyes fill with it. Sleep promises the best of things and you willingly submit. Feel Seunghyun's hand spasm on your hip as if he's silently and unconsciously promising that he will still be here when you awaken. Your hand makes several expeditions over his scalp before you slip from the world, comforted by scratchy linen and searing, twitching muscles atop you. For the briefest of moments, you can believe that Choi Seunghyun will now, and always, thrive by your side.