Chapter 1

"I will be at the T.O.P." - Choi Seunghyun

 

 

 

In Tokyo, Japan

Early morning rays woke up Seunghyun from his deep slumber. Signaling that it was another day, even the rooster his uncle owns started doing its thing. The familiar voice of his uncle echoing all over the house made him jolt awake.

“Seunghyun breakfast is ready!” his uncle shouted from the kitchen. “I’m coming uncle.” He replied assuring him that he was fully awake.

This was his life in Japan for almost 2 months now. He left Korea to start over his life after a tragedy that took away the lives of both his parents. It was supposed to be a tormenting 2 months but with his uncle and cousin around, he managed to move on with his life to start anew.

His life in Japan wasn’t any different from the life he had in Korea. He would wake up in a single bed inside a room he shares with his cousin Siwon. It wasn’t totally an extravagant life. They were poor actually but they love each other and treasure each member of the family so much.

Ever since he came here, his uncle and cousin has always been nice to him even allowing him to enroll at a decent school along with Siwon. His uncle works as a car mechanic while he and Siwon spend the weekends helping in a bakery shop to deliver their goods. He was contented but like any other human being, he has a longing. He longed to have a family that he could protect and cherish. It was a simple dream but for him it meant a lot.

“Seunghyun let’s go!” a manly voice woke him up from his thoughts. It was his cousin Siwon.

“Alright let’s go. I’m starving.” He replied while him gesturing to his stomach. Both young men can’t wait to dig into the older man’s cooking skills.

 

In Seoul, South Korea

“Ms. Yuri you really need to wake up now. School is about to start.” Her personal maid Tiffany said in a desperate tone while rocking Yuri’s body. She had been waking her up for half an hour now but still there was no sign of improvement.

How can you wake up a person who is fully awake? Yuri had woken up ever since Tiffany went inside her room but being mischievous as she was, she decided to give her friend a hard time.

She was chuckling with her head buried on her pillow every time she hears the exasperation on the other girl’s tone. Tiffany would whine at how Shinyoung, the head maid, would kill her when she fails to wake Yuri up before classes starts. Yuri would just listen and grin at herself every time Tiffany would say that.

“Ms. Yuri I’m begging you. Please wake up.” Tiffany said almost sobbing and her face desperate. Yuri can’t hide her laughter anymore. Tiffany was left dumbfounded while she looks at Yuri who was clutching her stomach because of laughter.

“HAHAHAHA! You should’ve seen your face Fany-ah!” Yuri laughed hysterically ignoring the glares the other woman would give her.

Tiffany and Yuri basically grew up together inside the Kwon’s mansion. Even though Tiffany was a servant inside the Kwon’s mansion, Yuri never treated her as one. She even named Tiffany as one of her best friends along with Yoona and Jessica and begged her parents to let Tiffany study at the same school as hers. Tiffany has known Yuri all her life but her naughtiness still surprise her to no end.

“You got me there Yuri-ah.” She finally admitted and joined the other’s chuckling.

“I was actually punishing you for calling me Ms. Yuri earlier.” She said playfully. Tiffany can’t help but smile at her remarks. She always reminded her that she hates being called Ms. Yuri and considering that they were best friends, she feels there’s no need to call her that.

“Sorry but you better hurry Yuri-ah. We’ll be late for school.” She reminded her again. Yuri just rolled her eyes at the mention of school and went back to bed.

“Fany-ah I don’t want to go to school right now.” She whined. Tiffany let out a heavy sigh. “But Yul, we need to go to school. Shinyoung ahjumma would grill me if I don’t get you to go to school.” She carefully took the blanket out from Yuri’s body.

“Please Fany-ah.” Yuri said using her cute tone while she sits up in her bed. “I really don’t feel like going right now. Besides, Yoong told me that it’s the principal's birthday today and there will be boring programs with lame dances and ugly voices. Yuck!” Fany almost laugh at how Yuri’s face would signal her disgust while whining.

“I don’t think Ahjumma would approve of that.” Fany responded. “Oh come on. I’ll take care of her. Let’s just go to mall right now. What’d you say?” Yuri suggested with a twinkle in her eyes. Who would want to say NO to that face?

With a long heavy sigh Tiffany replied, “Oh alright. But this will be our only absent for the whole month.” She lectured her. “Aye aye captain!” Yuri replied with one hand on her forehead. The two friends laughed at their childishness and headed out of her room hand in hand.

“What’s for breakfast?” she asked her friend knowing fully that she was included in the food preparing. “Broccoli.” Tiffany teased and winked at her. “AARRGH! I hate Broccoli.” Yuri whined earning soft chuckles from her friend.

 

In another part of Seoul

“Class class!” the teacher shouted after noticing that the class was in chaos before she got there. The students slowly fell silent when they heard their teacher’s annoyed voice. One student though wasn’t paying much attention to the teacher even ignoring her presence. She was spacing out deep in her thoughts. She was supposed to be at home helping her mother tend her wound courtesy of his bastard of a father but here she is inside the classroom filled with noisy students and an annoyed teacher.

“Now listen! I know all of you heard about the exchange student program for Japan right?” the teacher started. The classroom was suddenly filled with murmurs but was immediately cut down with one whip of the teachers hand on the table.

“I will be choosing two students to go to Japan. One from this class and one from the other class.” Excitement filled the room as every student anticipated to be chosen. Well except for one who is still deep in thoughts and didn’t bother to listen to the teacher’s announcement.

“I have already chosen one from this class and...” the teacher paused as she fished a piece of paper inside her bag. “Ah there it is.” The students gasped as they wait for their names to be called.

“Park Bom.” The teacher declared earning murmurs and eye-rolls from the other students. Everyone knew who the teacher chose except for the owner of the name herself. “Bom.” Her seatmate Minzy whispered in an attempt to call her attention.

“Uh neh?” she asked curiously. There she noticed something odd around her surroundings. Every eye inside the room was on her and some are giving her shots of anger and envy. “Spacing out again Ms. Park?” the teacher eyed her.  “I’m sorry ma’am. I was just thinking of something.” She reasoned with a bow.

“Come to the principal’s office after class and we’ll discuss about this.” The teacher said while slowly arranging her things. “I don’t want to repeat everything I have said!” she growled at her before she stormed out of the room.

 

After her visit her visit to the principal’s office Bom went home directly to tell her mom about the good news.

“I’m home!” she shouted happily while removing her shoes leaving them by the doorsteps of their little home. She immediately saw her mother in the kitchen silently preparing for dinner. The marks on her face were still evident and she can’t help but frown at it. She hates how her mother suffers in the hands of her violent father and she vowed that she’ll do everything to go away from the hell they are currently at.

Her mother sensed the sudden change of mood so she attempted to bring back her light mood earlier. “You look happy my dear. Something happened at school?” she asked forcing a smile.

“Yes. I’m going to Japan mom! The school chose me to be one of the exchange students that would represent the school there!” she said excitedly. Her mother almost dropped the wooden spoon in her hands because of happiness.

“I’m so proud of you Bommie.” She said while she locks her daughter in a tight embrace. “What did you say?” an angry tone broke the mother-daughter moment. It was the man of the house. He was asleep inside their room but was awaken by their conversation.

“Nam Jung. Your daughter has been chosen to be an exchange student in Japan.” Her mother answered for her with a trembling voice. “Tsk. Will the school be giving you money for that cause if not you better stay here and work!” he growled at his daughter. Bom clenched her fist in anger. Other parents would’ve been proud of their child but not her father.

“But Nam Jung, it’s a good opportunity for Bom don’t you think? Not everyone gets to go to Japan for free.” Her mother reasoned.

The old man sat comfortably on the floor and suddenly an evil smirk formed on his mouth.  That smirk that Bom hated the most. It was the most loathing smirk she had ever seen her entire life. Both Bom and her mother knows something evil must be on her father’s mind.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

First chapter is up. I just want to introduce the characters first. How their lives went and where they are from. I hope you like it. You can tell me your thoughts about this through the comments box.

Love love love!