Cafe

Oneshots request open for everyone!

 

I sat at the table staring out the window. It was a really cold morning and stupid jet lag woke me up kind of early. The lady at the reception said that there was a really nice cafe down the road. She forgot to mention that the people who own it are an elderly couple who don't speak English. I figured that someone was bound to come into the cafe who can speak English so I decided to wait. I acted like I was waiting for a friend to arrive so the elderly lady didn't approach me. I looked at my watch and sighed. I've been here for over half an hour and no one has come by.

 

Just as I was about to stand up, the door opened and someone walked in. It was a guy, a really skinny looking guy, but he seemed to have piled on a couple of layers. He was wearing a pair of shades and looked kind of suspicious. I watched him as he ordered and sat at the table next to me. I stared at him for a bit trying to figure out if I should get him to help me.

"Are you okay?" The guy asked in English.

"Ah. Sorry" I said bowing my head. He probably noticed that I wasn't Korean. He raised an eyebrow at me and then pulled out his phone, looking down at the time.

"Umm....Can you please help me?" I asked softly. He looked up from his phone and then stood up, walking towards me.

"What do you need help with?" He asked standing in front of me.

"Ummm....I don't speak Korean and the lady doesn't speak English so I was wondering if you could help me order?" I said looking down. Even though I couldn't see his eyes through the shades I could feel his gaze on me.

"What do you want?" He asked taking the seat in front of me.

"I want a coffee and a blueberry muffin" I said looking up at him. I couldn't raise my head so I just quickly put my head down again.

"Sure" he said standing up and walking towards the counter. I heard him talking with the old lady at the counter. I finally managed to gather courage to look. I turned around to see him grabbing a coffee from the lady. He turned his head towards me and smiled, nodding his head before he headed towards the door.

"Kibum-ah" I heard the lady say. The guy stopped and turned around. The lady handed him a little paper bag. He bowed his head a little at the lady before he opened the door and walked out. He's a little strange.

 

I tapped my fingers on the table as I waited for my order. After a few minutes the lady brought out my coffee and muffin. She placed it down in front of me with a smile. As she was about to leave, she pulled out a piece of paper and placed it next to my coffee. I smiled at her, bowing my head a little as she left. I picked up the note and read it.

 

How to ask for a coffee.

nan keo-pi-reur meog-eo-do dwae-yo

 

I put the piece of paper down next to my muffin and stared at it. He was really strange, but nice. I picked up my coffee and took a sip out of it. I stared out the window with a sigh. It was still very early and the sun had only started to rise about fifteen minutes ago. I took a bite out of my muffin and continued to stare out the window.

 

A few minutes later a group of guys walked passed the window. They were heading towards a van. I eyed them suspiciously before one of them looked back at me through the window. He stopped in front of the window and turned around to the other guys. The group stopped and stood in front of me, at the window. That's when it hit me. The group of guys was SHINee and the one who had helped me was Key. I couldn't do anything but stare at them wide eyed. All five guys smiled at me before walking away. I followed them with my eyes as each one got into the van. Key turned around and looked at me through the window and waved with a smile before getting in and closing the door shut. The van then drove away.

 

I sat there staring at the window for a few minutes before I came back to my senses. I looked down at the note and gulped. Key smiled at me. Key waved at me. Key wrote this for me. KEY TALKED TO ME! I was starting to freak out. Then I realised how stupid I must have looked in front of the other SHINee members staring at them through the window. I hung my head in shame and embarrassment. Stupid! I looked up again at the note. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of how kind Key was to me. I picked the piece of paper up into my hand, smiling at it for a bit before grabbing my wallet and carefully putting it in, not wanting to crumple it at all.

 

I finished the rest of my coffee and muffin with a smile on my face. As I went to the counter to pay the lady shook her head. I tilted my head a little, not understanding why she wouldn't take the money. She then handed me another piece of paper. I read through it and smiled brightly.

 

Hope you enjoyed the coffee and muffin!

It's on me :)

 

I looked up the old lady and smiled before giving her a little bow and leaving the coffee shop. What a wonderful holiday! I thought stretching my arms before I left.