5 Songs

5 Drabbles

 

Two Moons--EXO
 
Himchan could see his breath in the air, shaking as he exhaled. There was a cracking somewhere behind him in the forest, and he whipped around. 
 
Nobody was there. Then, behind him, the howl of a wolf. He wasn't getting out alive.
 
Scrambling, Himchan began to run, trying to find some way into a clear patch of grass where could recollect his thoughts. The moonlight was barely showing through the dense tree branches, and he stumbled a few times, finding difficulty in keeping his footing. 
 
Eventually, he made it. His tent was ripped to shreds, his supplies strewn in pieces all over the clearing. He searched in the wreckage for his hunting knife, or maybe something he could use so start a fire, but his quest was deemed unsuccessful by the crackling of the underbrush. His breathing became rapid, turning slowly to his right to see what had made the sound.
 
The brush was shaking, and from it emerged not a wolf or two, as he had expected, but a man. Tall and muscular, shoulders broad. Slipped in his belt loop was his hunting knife--had this man raided his campsite?
 
"There's a pack of wolves somewhere out here." Himchan warned, voice high-pitched by adrenaline and fear. "We should find somewhere to hide."
 
The man didn't speak, but continued to walk towards him, drenched in the light of the full moon. One ear was pierced through with some kind of animal fang, and the more Himchan looked the more his hair seemed to have a shaggy, fur-like texture.
 
"Not wolves." His voice was deep. "Werewolves."
 
His eyes were shining a dangerous yellow, like two full moons.
 
 
Beautiful--MBLAQ
 
"You're so beautiful."
 
"Stop that." A reluctant grin grew on Himchan's face as he tried to swat the gummy one off of Yongguk's, aiming to hit the man's cheek but instead missing completely. "I'm supposed to be mad at you." 
 
Yongguk pouted exaggeratedly. "You can't stay mad at this face, can you?"
 
"You bet I can." Himchan turned away so that his boyfriend wouldn't see him smiling. "You ate my chocolate. What isn't there to be mad about?" 
 
Fingers laced with his, pulling on his arm and yanking him around. "You're being childish," Yongguk said teasingly.
 
"I'm dealing with a child." Himchan responded, resting a hand on Yongguk's shoulder. "There's no way you're twenty-three."
 
Yongguk just laughed, taking Himchan's hand and twirling him around--in spite of himself, Himchan could feel himself already forgiving him. "I'm sure I can make it up to you."
 
Himchan raised a challenging eyebrow. "Can you?"
 
Suddenly he was pulled forward, Yongguk's arm wrapping around the small of his back, their bodies pushed together as Yongguk laid a perfect kiss on his lips. He was smooth and gentle, Himchan losing himself completely. When Yongguk pulled away, grinning at him again, Himchan had to take a few moments to recollect his words. 
 
"So, does that make up for the chocolate I ate?" 
 
Himchan his lips before admitting grudgingly "It was sweeter."
 
 
 
Turn Off Your Phone--Jay Park
 
"Your room is messy." The tension in Himchan's voice was evident.
 
"Would cleaning it have made a difference? It's getting messy either way." Yongguk watched as Himchan took his phone out of a pocket of his dress pants, holding the power button down. "You look nice."
 
"Thanks." Phone now off, Himchan set it on Yongguk's dresser. "It's a shame, isn't it."
 
"What is?" 
 
"I'm not going to be wearing this suit much longer, am I?" 
 
The tension broke in two long strides as Yongguk walked over to Himchan, using one hand to cup his cheek, the other to push the black suit jacket off of Himchan's shoulders. Himchan responded just as hungrily, hooking his fingers in the belt loops of Yongguk's pants and pulling the man's hips forward. Yongguk moved his lips to Himchan's neck, hands sliding down his crisp white shirtfront, Himchan making quick work of Yongguk's tie.
 
"Turn off your phone." Himchan pulled the device out of Yongguk's pocket for him. "I don't want us to be interrupted."
 
Yongguk smirked, complying, laying his cell next to Himchan's on his dresser. "Don't worry. We won't."
 
 
 
Juliette--SHINee
 
"You'll get over her."
 
"It's not like you were in love with her or anything."
 
"I heard she was actually a lesbian." 
 
Yongguk began tuning out his friends, no longer interested in all of their excuses for his latest failed romance. The girl had been pretty, and he had been swept off his feet yet again. It didn't last long.
 
"You just need to find the right person." Youngjae said sympathetically. "It'll happen someday."
 
"Is that why you brought me to this party?" Yongguk asked exasperatedly. 
 
"His boyfriend is here." Junhong deadpanned.
 
"Hey, masquerades are fun." Youngjae defended, though his seemingly innocent words did not quite match the way his eyes were scanning the crowd. A few minutes later he simply said "I gotta go," disappearing into the crowd. Bored, Yongguk decided to follow him. 
 
It was cliche, really, the way Yongguk caught the foot of a stranger and knocked him down, the man's mask askew just long enough for Yongguk to catch a glimpse of his face, the breath-catching smile he was gave as Yongguk helped him up. 
 
"Sorry about that--I'm clumsy." 
 
"N-no, it was my fault." Yongguk could feel it yet again, everything else being slowly faded away, caught up in the stranger's eyes. "I... You're really pretty."
 
The man laughed. "Actually, I'm Kim Himchan."
 
"Bang Yongguk." Yongguk responded. 
 
"Do you want to go out on the balcony?" Himchan smiled, gesturing. There was no way Yongguk was saying no.
 
 
 
Stay--MBLAQ
 
Himchan knew alcohol was bad for him. He wasn't a lightweight, but when he did get drunk the results were disastrous. He would say things he didn't want others to know, get clingy... He couldn't stand it. But here he was again, stumbling over his own feet, trying to refuse Yongguk's offer to take him to his apartment. He didn't want to be alone with Yongguk, not in this state. His friend was straight, and no matter how bad Himchan's crush on him got, nothing would change that.
 
But no wasn't being accepted for an answer, Yongguk having to dig through Himchan's pockets to find his keys, unlocking the place and turning a light on. 
 
"Let's get you to bed."
 
Himchan clamped his mouth closed, afraid of what might come out if he let it open, allowing himself to be taken into his room. He got in bed obediently, hoping maybe Yongguk would leave.
 
"I put some Tylenol on your dresser for your hangover tomorrow. Do you need anything?" 
 
Of course he would ask. Himchan just shook his head, the action making him woozy, and Yongguk nodded. Despite himself, Himchan's hand shot out, grabbing Yongguk by the wrist. The man turned.
 
"What is it?"
 
Kiss me.
 
Hold me.
 
Love me back.
 
"Could you stay?" His words were shaky from all the others he was trying to hold back. Yongguk sighed, sitting cross-legged on the floor. 
 
"Sure."