And The Gunshot Fires

On Your Marks~

 

After you introduced yourself to the duo, the three of you chatted about the marathon ahead of you. Apparently they had some insight about the trail thanks to sneaking a peek of the map their manager had been given as a precaution. There were three checkpoints with paparazzi set up at each point to capture the essence of the marathon. Luckily, the paparazzi weren’t going to be along the way though, and the marathon goers were able to keep on trucking without any cameras flashing in their eyes. The duo were excited about that because on a daily basis they had those cameras in their face, clicking away, causing problems.

Don’t get us wrong though…” Eunhyuk said looking around at his groupmates scattered around the crowd. “We love being seen by our fans, but sometimes the paparazzi is a bit too much” You completely understood. You’ve seen the pictures and the videos, and while you may have never been in their shoes, you empathized with them. “Ne, I understand Oppa…” Oppa. What a wonderful word to finally be able to use around them. Sure, you knew fans screamed “SARANGHAE OPPPAAAAA” all the time to them. But to be able to say it so calmly to one of the boys was like a dream come true. Your stomach was still melted inside and your heart was still thumping against your throat, but you’d gotten over the initial fangirl feelings and you were slowly getting used to their glorious beauty in front of you.

Just then, a voice came over the intercom telling everyone to get ready for the marathon. There was cheering and suddenly your stomach twisted inside. Now you were expected to be parted from EunHyuk and Donghae, right? They would blast off at the speed of light, leaving you behind in the dust. Yeah, you were in shape. Yeah you could keep up with an average person just fine. But these two somehow reminded you of the Weasley twins. Unlimited amount of energy, always trying to show off. That’s what you loved about them.

When the gunshot rang for everyone to start moving though, instead of them running off to outrun Siwon or Heechul or anyone else up there, Donghae turned towards you and quickly grabbed your hand with a smile. “Lets go together? It’ll be more fun that way!” he then tugged on your hand and when EunHyuk then grabbing your other hand, the two helped you get over your shock of the gesture. You must be dreaming, right? If you had a free hand you’d probably pinch yourself.  But both hands were being held by Donghae and EunHyuk. So moving your feet, you followed them with a huge smile on your face and picked up the speed. “Okay Oppas…lets goooo!” you said, deciding to pull them now that your energy was through the roof. This was going to be an interesting marathon for sure!!