Unideal First Impression

The Struggle of Loving You

 

Hello, readers :)

Here is the first chapter ^^

Enjoy and please leave your comments afterwards :D

__________________________________________________________________________

“Minho oppa!” A girl squealed as the hottest boy in Seoul University walked through the gates with four others behind.

Minho turned his head to the girl and smiled with a wink. The girl clutched her chest, then fainted into her friend’s arms.

“Ya! Can you stop making girls faint? The clinic’s crowded already.” One of his friends, Jonghyun, teased.

“Hey, it’s not my fault that they’re overwhelmed just with my smile, right? I never wished to be this beautiful.” Minho said proudly as he slid his hands into his pockets.

“Hyung, I feel sleepy.” Taemin, the child-looking one, whined. “I think I need at least a cup of ice cream.”

Key rolled his eyes. “You buy your own, Taemin-ah. We’re gonna be late for class.”

“Who cares?” Onew exclaimed.

Minho shook his head. “Onew hyung, you’re the oldest and you’re setting a bad example.”

Onew put an evil grin across his face. “But I’m not the leader, right? You are. Nobody pays much attention to me.”

“Whatever.” Minho whispered. “I’m going to class. I think I can make use of a few hours of sleep.”

“Now, do you think you’re setting a good example?” Onew said as he turned towards the cafeteria with Taemin and Key.

“At least I don’t skip classes.” Minho said under his breath.

Minho went to their classroom with Jonghyun. He had his own seat at the back of the class while Jonghyun shared a seat with Key and Onew shared one with Taemin. Minho quickly went to his seat and dozed off to sleep while Jonghyun stopped the girls from disturbing him.

“Girls, let him rest, okay?” He said in a flirty manner. “Why don’t we talk instead?”

With his invitation, the girls giggled and smiled from ear to ear as they moved farther from Minho so as not to disturb him sleep.

Thank you, Jonghyun. Minho thought.

Meanwhile. . .

“Ju Kyu!” A girl with long slender legs and hair curled below shouted as another girl with pale skin, expressionless face and black arm warmers walked into their classroom.

“Mr. Kim said he wouldn’t be here today and he wants you to take charge of the class.” The girl who seemed to be the queenka said. “Why does he even bother trusting you, huh?” The girl rested her hands on her waist and raised her eyebrow at Ju Kyu.

Ju Kyu placed her books on her desk harshly and turned to face the other girl. “Maybe because I don’t spend my time retouching my face with foundation and comb my hair every minute during his class, Hana.”

Hana gawked at her, but wasn’t able to answer back. Their classmates laughed and gave Ju Kyu thumbs up which she ignored, as always. Hana stomped her feet as she left their classroom with a glum face.

The bell rang and Ju Kyu gave the class what they needed to do. As usual, Hana and her clique rejected to answer the given test. Ju Kyu smirked and went on her business of answering the test questions.

After a few minutes, Ju Kyu was already done just in time when a junior student entered their classroom. “Uhm, may I know who is in charge here?”

Hana quickly stood up. “Onew oppa, I—“

“I am.” Ju Kyu quickly cut her off. “Waeyo, Onew-shii?”

“Ahh, Ms. Lee would like to talk to you. She’s in our room.” Onew smiled at her, but Ju Kyu barely lifted the sides of her lips.

“Arasso.” Ju Kyu got her cellphone and wallet from her bag before following Onew on the way to their classroom.

When they arrived, Ju Kyu found class 3-A with their heads going up and down as they jotted down notes.

“Ahh, yes. What is your name, dear?” The teacher asked her.

“I am Kim Ju Kyu, Ms. Lee.” Ju Kyu said with a little bow. “Mr. Kim put me in charge today. You asked for me?”

“Yes. Mr. Kim informed me that you have exceptional skills in writing. Is it true?”

Ju Kyu nodded her head. “Yes, ma’am.”

Ms. Lee smiled and led her to her table. She showed Ju Kyu a letter which came from the principal. “The principal is sending 5 students to Tokyo, Japan to compete in a story writing contest next month and Mr. Kim recommended you instantly.”

Ju Kyu was silent as she stared at the venue of the contest. Her eyes widened as it finally sunk into her. “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I can’t accept your offer.”

Ms. Lee was taken aback. “Why? Many other students would be more than glad to accept such offer.”

“I-I-I just can’t go to Japan, Ms. Lee.” Ju Kyu bowed her head.

“Ms. Kim, I think you don’t know what opportunity you are rejecting.” Ms. Lee said. “Why don’t you just try? Are you afraid that you’re not good enough?”

“Aniyo.” Ju Kyu said. “I have personal reasons Ms. Lee.”

“Oh, just let her be if she doesn’t want to go.” Somebody shouted from the back of the class.

Ms. Lee looked to see who it was. “Mr. Choi, your classmates at the front row are not even complaining about our conversation. What is your problem?”

Minho clicked his tongue. “She’s blocking the board.”

Ju Kyu looked straightly into his eyes. “Well, I’m sorry if you can’t manage to stretch your neck to other sides. I will leave now, Ms. Lee. Thank you for your offer.”

Ju Kyu turned around and stormed out of the classroom.

“Ya!” Someone pulled her arm and turned her around. “Who do you think you are to speak to me like that?”

Ju Kyu yanked her arm. “A girl who has the right to say whatever she wants to anybody. And who do you think you are to think so highly of yourself? I don’t even know you.”

Minho’s eyes widened. “Oh come on, freshman, I know your tactic, you’re acting as if you don’t know me and don’t dream of me to be yours so I would hang out with you.”

Ju Kyu scoffed. “In your dreams, junior guy.” She turned around and made her way back to their classroom.

“Impossible.” Minho whispered.

__________________________________________________________________________

How was it? Kekeke..

Thank you for reading!!!