:Tacks for Snacks:

Nightmare

Tomorrow afternoon. They had to wait an entire day just to get access to the security videos at Seunghyun's villa. 24 hours of doing nothing but worry and try to keep his emotions under control. It was an almost impossible pill to swallow. Jiyong only vaguely remembered Seungri guiding him out of Yang's office and into the waiting company car.

 

It had almost felt like every conscious thought and action he was capable of had come to a complete, screeching halt. All because of a few words said to him by Hyunsuk. His boss. In a tone that suggested he hope for the best, but expect the worst. The worst being his beloved Seunghyun at the mercy of a lunatic long enough to destroy him. Maybe forever.

 

His mind had instantly assaulted him with images of bleeding, empty eye sockets, an expression of anguish on that exquisite face he loved so much. A face dripping ruby red that oozed sluggishly to leak into the gaping, gurgling gash in an elegant neck. The torn-out throat that would rob its owner of his amazing voice.

 

A strangled sob cut through the gory images in his head, and Jiyong recognized it as his own voice, tear-filled and high-pitched. He returned to himself to find that his face was still buried in Seungri's shoulder, where he had been ever since Hyunsuk turned away from him and swept from the office, Dongwook in tow.

 

He'd been trying so hard to keep his attention on the maknae when they were in the office, softly petting his hair and trying to dampen the fiery anger that was trying to force its way to the surface. But he'd known that anger made him stupid, and he made impulsive decisions that always ended badly. The same anger had disappeared the moment the last word dropped from the president's mouth, and a sense of overwhelming discouragement had consumed him. His Leader shield crumbled.

 

Jiyong had then proceeded to break down, ignoring his surroundings and giving in to his despair. Through his inner-turmoil, there was a voice that kept telling him he was being stupid and he couldn't blame it on anger. He needed to get a grip. It told him that the kidnapper was too obsessed with Seunghyun to really hurt him. Too in love, however twisted and one-sided it might be.

 

You're being a crybaby, Jiyong, his inner voice sounded suspiciously like Dami, his older sister. Which, in a way, made total sense since she'd always been better than he at handling unexpected emotional crises. Too much energy wasted bouncing back and forth between extreme anger and helplessness. It helps no one, and only hurts you. He had to agree, but not being able to do anything didn't help at all! He'd been separated from Seunghyun for weeks at a time before, so what was making him so emotionally unstable?

 

Besides the obvious, what was so different about this separation?

 

You don't know how he is. He can't call you, or you him. You've always been able to keep in touch when you're apart. But you have to pull yourself together, Kwon Jiyong. Seunghyun is going to need you when this is all over. You can't help him if you need help yourself.

 

His sister's voice was right. He needed to get all his crying out of the way and focus on the fact that it was Seunghyun. Sure, his man was childish and sensitive, even delicate sometimes, but he was strong. And smart. He could take practically anything life threw at him in an attempt to break him, as long as Jiyong was there to pick up the pieces.

 

He couldn't do that if he drove himself stark raving mad.

 

They had reached the dorms by the time Jiyong came to that realization, and he became aware of the apprehensive looks that were trained on him. There wasn't really an effective way to reassure his friends of his well-being, since he'd pretended he was fine before and his assurances had crumbled like so much wet sand. At least, there wasn't anything he could do that they would believe and understand.

 

Briefly, he tightened his arms, still clinging to Seungri, offering Youngbae and Daesung a curt nod. Their shoulders relaxed, and the youngest expelled a soft sigh. The unbending bond of their long friendship let the three know that he was on his way to being alright.

 

They were going to be alright. They were all going to be alright. Eventually.

 

Releasing Seungri, he opened the door and climbed out of the van, immediately going inside the building. The other three followed, though Daesung paused for a brief moment to thank their driver. Then he followed his band mates as the company van drove off to be parked for the evening.

 

Daesung was pretty sure none of them would be going anywhere until they were ready to meet the security company's technician.

 

That assumption was proven wrong a scant few minutes later, when a restless Kwon Leadah, who had been uselessly trying to force himself to relax and meditate, a technique used by their missing hyeong, suddenly released an almost feral growl. He'd picked up a book, also Seunghyun's, hand poised to throw the collection of bound paper across the room. His hand had dropped into his lap and a despondent expression painted his features.

 

I want to spend the night at the villa,” there was an almost-pleading edge to his voice, but Daesung got the impression that their leader only wanted the comfort of being surrounded by TOP-hyeong's personality and scent. Maybe it was something all four needed, even, and it showed in both Seungri and Youngbae's faces that they agreed. Before anyone began coming up with reasons why they needed to go too, Jiyong surprised them. “But I don't want to be by myself.”

 

I'll drive, so we don't have to bother any of the drivers,” the maknae's offer stilled SOL's hand, which had been reaching for his cell to do just that. He offered an eye-smile in answer and each young man trotted into his bedroom for a change of clothes and other necessities. Only the leader stayed put.

 

Jiyong contemplated some pictures panda boy had joking printed and framed, plonking them on their tv stand. 'So we don't forget we know how to have fun!' They were of the whole band playing in Lotte World, where they'd been much to busy to go lately. Without being obvious about it, the sneaky little brat had managed to snap pictures of each band member laughing and eating and drinking, sometimes pulling faces behind one anothers' backs and generally making fools of themselves. Seungri had also managed to snap a picture of himself and Seunghyun eating from the same fluffy ball of cotton candy.

 

When this is all over, and we've put it behind us, I'm giving us a day off and taking everyone back there.

 

There was no doubt in his mind that it would happen. Jiyong, now that he was done with his pathetic and bipolar mood swings, had a feeling in his gut that everything was going to be just fine, when all was said and done. They might have to work at it, but the entire band had worked, and worked hard to get where they were. Overcoming this crisis would only make them stronger in the end. Both as a group, and individually.

 

It would also strengthen his and Seunghyun's relationship.

 

His musings were interrupted by the heavy thumping that announced Seungri's return. How someone could be so light on their feet while on stage, yet stomp around like an arthritic elephant at home would forever remain a mystery to him. The noisy maknae was closely followed by Dae and Youngbae, all three carrying an overnight bag. Jiyong, of course, didn't need one. He had everything he might need at the villa.

 

None of these thoughts showed on GD's face, now that he'd mostly pulled himself together. All he did was nod in approval and lead the way to the front door, where they proceeded to slip their shoes on. It took a very short time, and soon enough, they were all ready to go.

 

This time, Seungri led the way, since it was his car they were taking. They walked in silence, conspicuous in its abnormality; they were used to constant sound, whether musical or not, and quiet made them uneasy. Nobody brought it up though, and they made it to the maknae's car with no mishaps. Not that they were expecting any.

 

But you never know, do you?

 

Jiyong told his pessimism where to go and concentrated on helping his friends load their bags in the trunk. Once everything was neatly place where it needed to be, the boys climbed in the car and strapped in while Seungri checked that everything was the way he last left it. When he was satisfied, he nodded and slid the key in the ignition, turning it. The vehicle came to life with a comforting, rumbling purr.

 

Everyone set?”

 

Various sounds of assent met panda boy's question, and he smoothly pulled out of his parking space, driving into the increasing darkness outside. It was as they were halfway to the villa when a sudden thought occurred to Daesung and he abruptly voiced it into the silence in the car.

 

Should we tell anyone that we're spending the night at hyeong's villa?” He'd startled his three band mates enough for them to jerk in their seats, Seungri's abrupt motion jolting the steering wheel and causing the car to swerve momentarily. A sheepish look settled on his tanned features when three, nearly identical pouts were turned in his direction and Dae smiled apologetically. “Sorry.”

 

Jiyong, even closer to being normal than a mere hour before, shook his head and released an explosive exhalation, digging his phone out of his pocket. “Trying to give us all a collective heart-attack, Daesung-ah?” There was a tiny grin playing about the leader's lips that negated any heat to his words. Without really waiting for a response, he tapped out a quick text message, sending it to Dongwook ad the one least likely to scold them for the random decision. “There. Taken care of.”

 

That seemed to almost lift a collective weight off their shoulders no one had been aware of. The rest of the drive continued with no more outbursts, and the boys were allowed into the private parking lot by the night guard as soon as he recognized them as being authorized by one of the residents. It didn't hurt that he recognized them as one of South Korea's most beloved idol group.

 

Something about that tickled at the back of Jiyong's mind, but the stress of the day, physical as well as mental and emotional, was quickly catching up to him. It made his thoughts thick and foggy and dragged insistently at his eyelids. One foot in front of the other, Ji. He repeated the mantra a few times, willing his body to hold on just a few more minutes.

 

Just long enough to get in the villa and them climb in Seunghyun's bed. The bed they'd shared countless times over the years. GD shook his head for a few seconds, to stave off any depressing thoughts his mind could conjure. Seunghyun is safe. In his heart, he knew with a stubborn certainty that his boyfriend was alive, and at least moderately unharmed. He needed to let that feeling comfort him.

 

Without conscious thought, Jiyong let his band mates into TOP's villa, using his copy of the key. They silently trooped in, instantly preparing themselves for bed. The leader disappeared upstairs, changing into a loose shirt and comfortable sweatpants. Seunghyun's scent permeated the soft fabric, and his fingers absently the texture, letting the familiarity soothe his fraying nerves.

 

GD almost didn't bother with brushing his teeth before falling in the bed, but he knew it would bother him for hours if he didn't. So he dragged his tired body to one of the bathrooms downstairs and proceeded to both wash his face and brush his teeth. He paused on his way back to the stairs, looking in one of the spare rooms at his three friends all piled in the bed, sharing warmth and taking comfort in each other.

 

Gnawing on his lip, Jiyong debated with himself for a moment. One very short moment. Well, the bed's big enough. And I really don't want to spend the night alone. He cleared his throat.

 

Guys?” Three sleepy faces popped out of the comforter and swiveled in his direction. The silly action was so adorable, he wanted to laugh. Almost did. But he restrained himself.

 

Sleep with me tonight?”

 

A slow understanding lit the boys' faces, and they tumbled from the bed, shuffling over to follow Jiyong upstairs. The leader was infinitely glad that there was no need for him to explain why he wanted his friends to greet the Sandman with him. 'Strength in numbers,' a psychologist might have told him. 'Family,' would have been his answer.

 

Finally, the four settled into the bed for the night, all curled on and around each other. They passed out in less than a minute.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - -

 

 

Something was sitting on his chest. It was heavy and hot and evil. Seunghyun's lungs felt like they were being crushed, and he tried everything within his limited mobility to dislodge whatever it may be. But nothing worked; neither his flailing limbs nor bucking torso could knock the thing off. A half-strangled whimper escaped his lips and the creature tried to shove something in his mouth.

 

A strange panic clouded his mildly-delirious mind, and TOP found himself clamping his teeth onto whatever was currently pouring a thick liquid down his throat. It choked him, and his body instantly attempted to expel it. Rough hands clamped his jaw shut, blocking his nose at the same time to give him no option except swallowing. His stomach though, was churning so violently, he was sure he would throw up whatever managed to land in there.

 

As much as he wanted to breathe again, he didn't want to experience the substance sitting on his tongue more than once. So his nose and mouth were both barricaded against oxygen, and his lungs felt like they might collapse at any moment. Yet he still refused to swallow the vile mouthful.

 

The choice was taken out of his hands when something started gliding down his neck, from chin to the base. Coaxing his throat muscles to contract, bobbing his adam's apple manually. Tears flooded his eyes and leaked, the syrupy liquid obediently sliding down his esophagus and dropping into his empty stomach. It left an awful taste in his mouth, but the thing keeping oxygen from his airwaves disappeared and he in a greedy lungful.

 

Seunghyun started coughing, gagging sounds mixing with the seemingly unending hacks. The force of his stomach muscles shifting to allow his diaphragm the force it needed sloshing his recent ingestion and stomach acid. He almost threw up. Would have, really, if it wasn't for his body suddenly being levered into a sitting position. If his skin wasn't still so tender, the rapper would have been grateful to the demon for helping him not puke. But, since it was the evil thing's fault that he was even going to vomit in the first place, he only let his head rest on the pile of pillows suddenly behind him.

 

An urgently insistent thought floated around his head, jerking at the tendrils of his mind. But he was so tired. A bone-deep weariness he recognized from the last time he'd had a bad cold. Yet something still whispered at him. Demons aren't part of the flu, stupid. You're dehydrated and hallucinating. Seunghyun couldn't really be bothered to do anything about it though.

 

He concentrated on the steady flow of blood through his aching body, his mind supplying the images of little purple and red highways for the two kinds of blood. Bright red for the oxygen-rich blood leaving his heart to take the required nourishment to his organs and extremities. To then use the purple road for the return trip to become re-oxygenated, and repeat the endless trip over and over. On a loop.

 

Those were the thoughts that delivered TOP to the kind and merciful of the same Sandman his friends met together, though he didn't know that. His subconscious mind realized that 'unsconscious' was probably the best state for him to be in.

- - - - - - - - - -

 

AN

I'm so so so so sorry it's so late! Please forgive the iness TwT   This chapter was being a real brat about being written, but it's finally done! And the next part is already under way.

 

P.S. I need your help!

I'm planning to change my username sometime soon, and have gone through a list of some that I'd like to use. It's  been narrowed down to two, but I need help in making the final choice. The last two are TeriCat, and TeriTabi, but I can't decide which one I want! This is where you, my dear readers, come in. What's  your opinions on the two? Which would be better? Drop me a comment and let me know what you think! ^.~

As always: Enjoy! And I'll see you next chapter!