:Another?:

Nightmare

His pillow was warm. Comfortable and soft.

 

He dearly wished he could spend all eternity snuggled up to it. Absorbing the sheer comfort and sense of safety and love that it gave him. The steady motion of said pillow rising and falling softly beneath his cheek, combined with the rhythmic pulsing he could hear with his ear pressed against silk lulled him back into a light doze.

 

Disjointed fragments of a terrible nightmare kept trying to disrupt his comfortable bubble of peace, making him pout and tighten his arms around the warm mass he was clinging to. That warm pillow emitted a soft sound of mild discomfort and thin fingers began to gently massage his scalp. If he'd been a cat, he would have purred. But he wasn't, so he didn't.

 

Instead, he opened sleep-blurred eyes, greeted by the sight of delicately heated skin only a shade or two darker than his own. He playfully danced his fingers across his pillow's smooth chest and down his ribs, earning himself a muted huff of laughter. A hand only somewhat larger than his own trapped his wandering digits.

 

Giggling softly, Jiyong expended the energy needed to lift his body far enough to drop a kiss to his human pillow's chin. Another followed on sharply bowed lips, which lifted into an adorable smiled topped with sparkly ebony irises. His still-captive fingers were lifted to have butterfly kisses tattooed on each pad. The best medicine for unpleasant night terrors.

 

Jiyong gently removed his fingers from the elder’s hold, lifting himself further to dig his hand into sleep-mussed teal hair. The soft strands sliding through his digits like liquid silk, procuring a mock grumble when they ended up scattering everywhere in his wake. Lazily, he was nudged, poked and prodded until he ended up rolled onto his back, his partner's weight a warm blanket over him.

 

Despite his nightmare, Jiyong's mind was relaxed, the lingering remains of sleep fogging his senses and making him lethargic. He felt both weightless and insurmountably heavy at the same time. Apparently, his eyelids had closed somewhere in the middle of being coerced onto his back, and he smiled giddily at the feeling of feather-soft lips peppering his entire face with imprints of his partner's love.

 

“Good morning,” his voice was scratchy, throat having remained unused through the night. It almost made him upset, his hazy morning silence and first kisses of the day disrupted by the frogs and grinding rocks that decided to gather behind his teeth and free-fall from his lips. If he'd been bothered to, Jiyong would have snorted at his own mental descriptions. Shut up, brain.

 

Instead, he focused on feeling Seunghyun's lips travel from his mouth, down his jaw, slowly and steadily making trails across his skin. The usual, blazing passion that normally enveloped their kisses was absent; instead, there was a pulsing, serene warmth. It was an exploration, slow and languid rather than a purposeful lead-up to any intimacy.

 

Jiyong,” he would never get tired of the way that low, velvety voice vibrated in his eardrums to chase sparks of fire down his spine and across his flesh. “You can't be here,” he frowned at the odd remark, tilting his head so he could gaze down at his partner's teal head resting just beneath his nose, hair tickling at his face.

 

Wisps of gray vapor seemed to leak into the sleeping space from under the door and around the window, coating everything he could see until the room became indistinct. All he could see was Seunghyun as the older sat up, soft palms rising to cup his cheeks.

 

You have to go, my love,” tender thumbs traced across his cheekbones and he was presented a last kiss. Merely a meeting of lips and breath. Jiyong felt his partner's hands and flesh gradually losing their heat. Seunghyun pulled away, and the younger opened his eyes. Only to gape as thick, viscous shadows rose to wrap around the taller man.

 

Dragging him away.

 

Wake up, Jiyong,” his deep command echoed and Jiyong watched as his surroundings shattered, the sharp fragments dropping as his body suddenly wrenched in his seat.

 

He was in their van, sitting in his regular seat, apparently having fallen asleep. More tears burned in his sinuses, threatening to gather in his eyes and spill when he realized that the video had been real. Seunghyun really had been kidnapped by a delusional male fan. A male fan who wanted to ruin TOP by taking his voice and eyesight.

 

The remaining BigBang boys were driving to YGE headquarters to meet with the company's head and appraise him of the current crisis. Jiyong had to be strong Kwon Leadah and leave Seunghyun's boyfriend tucked in the farthest corner of his mind. He could have another breakdown after a plan of action was decided on.

 

As it turned out, it had been the van's tires bouncing over the speed bumps in the employee parking lot at YG that had shaken him out of his light doze. Out of his dream. Get a grip, GD. Using his shortened stage name to address himself bolstered his resolve, his spine straightening steadily.

 

He had an overgrown baby to find.

 

Only then did Jiyong notice his other three band mates' attention had been riveted on him, from the second he regained his sensibilities. He had to remind himself that he wasn't the only one affected by the current catastrophe. The other three had obviously been worried about his mental stability, probably unsure of his ability to function.

 

Jiyong's shoulders squared, and his gaze hardened. Youngbae released a sigh, reaching out his hand to grasp the leader's knee to both lend and draw strength. It was the way the five of them had always operated: leaning on each other through everything the world threw at them. This time would be no different. Could be no different.

 

Seungri and Daesung also reached out one hand each, to rest on top of Youngbae's, and Jiyong added his. Until whenever, they had said. He was determined to make it forever.

----------

 

The four boys emerged from the van, the driver watching them curiously for a few moments before shrugging and going to find a parking space. It seemed the four idols were on a serious undertaking, but he was paid to drive. Not to ask questions.

 

Who has the DVD?” Just like he'd decided in the van, he was now G-Dragon, leader of internationally successful BigBang. All brisk, impersonal business. Wordlessly, Daesung lifted the current bane of their collective existence. With a sharp nod, the leader proceeded inside the elevator, fiercely jabbing the button for the top floor.

 

The silent ride was mercifully short, and the boys strode into Yang's ritzy, sky parlor office oozing purpose and urgency.

 

Surprisingly, Dongwook, of all people, was already there and the two were in the middle of what appeared to be an intense discussion. The president stopped mid-word when the younger men stepped foot inside the office.

 

Se7en seemed to perform a quick headcount, his brows straining to meet when he came up one head short. He shot Hyunsuk a meaningful glance.

 

Boys, what brings you to my office this afternoon?” The exchange between their two elders did not escape Jiyong's sharp gaze, and he let suspicion fall over his face. Was there more than one crisis today? It's not important, he decided.

 

We have a problem, hyung,” Daesung recognized that as his cue to step forward and present the taunting amassment of plastic that had turned their world on its ear in less than one hour. Less than ten minutes, even. “TOP-hyung is in trouble.” If that didn't deserve an award for understatement of the moment, Jiyong would eat his designer shoelaces.

 

The company's head wasted no time, immediately inserting the disc in his desktop's player. Both he and Dongwook watched the short video, the younger releasing a sharp expletive when Seunghyun appeared on the screen. Hyunsuk's normally stoic features registered his ire at the individual who dared to steal one of his boys.

 

He moved fast,” Dongwook commented, pacing around the available floor space as soon as the video ended. Irritation sparked in Jiyong's mind. There was something the older men were hiding, and he hated being out of the loop.

 

What are you talking about, hyung?” Seungri's voice still carried a trace of the tears he'd shed earlier, his distress thick and heavy. It sometimes yielded results much better and faster than the large-eyed, innocent look. No question remained unanswered for long when the youngest man employed this tactic.

 

Hyunsuk released a sigh, massaging the bridge of his nose while Dongwook speared his fingers through already disheveled hair. It seemed both men were trying to find the words for what they had to say. The boys knew it wouldn't be pleasant.

 

I received a video similar to yours roughly thirty minutes ago,” the president finally answered. “We,” he gestured between Se7en and himself, “thought it was a threat or a warning. But, now that we've seen the one sent to you, I'm thinking it's more of a way to mock us,” again, Jiyong wished he was having a nightmare.

 

Something about their boss' words grabbed Youngbae's attention and his eyes narrowed as he tried to decide how much significance they held before he pursued answers. But time was slowly slipping away, and he knew the longer they delayed, the slimmer their chances were of finding Seunghyun.

 

What do you mean, 'similar', hyung?” Yang's sharp gaze settled on the shortest of the lot, regarding him for a long heartbeat. Even though Youngbae felt a strong urge to squirm, he didn't shift a muscle. Jiyong felt his admiration for his best friend increase.

 

Instead of answering verbally, Hyunsuk indicated the television mounted on the wall behind the boys. With apprehension's cold fingers tickling at his nape, Jiyong turned with his band mates. ing great.

 

Another video.

 

He already wanted to burn it.

 

Again, the only option available on the garish menu was 'Play'. Except the colors this time featured a repulsive greenish-orange for background, and neon green as font choice. Like the man who had kidnapped their friend delighted in obnoxious color palettes and despicable actions.

 

There wasn't a white room this time, but the images burning into their retinas were no less disturbing. It seemed this video was actually a series of different clips edited into one continuous reel.

 

It was all Seunghyun. From their pre-debut days, to that morning. Shopping. Playing. Eating. Laughing. They almost wanted to dismiss each clip as the regular, fan-captured images that littered internet forums. But, some of those clips. They were from odd angles, and places that no fan could have been, because their friend was always by himself.

 

Seunghyun buying cigarettes. Sitting at a bar with one of his actor friends. Having his makeup done for IRIS. Stepping out of his parents' house. Playing with Charlie.

 

All images that were unavailable to the public, because most were things TOP did spontaneously. Away from the rest of BigBang.

 

After the edited clips, there was one last, continuous sequence.

 

An envelope being torn open to drop a single key into a sweaty palm they all recognized. The scene switched abruptly, focusing on a door all those in the room knew very well, an exultant exclamation sounded when the key slid smoothly into the lock, turning and releasing the tumblers. Allowing access to the recesses of the home.

 

The intruder swiftly opened the door and slipped inside, re-engaging the lock behind himself. He spent a few moments wandering around their friend's supposedly safe haven, touching toys and decorations. Cushions and curtains. Then, he ventured deeper, finding the stairs and climbing up.

 

Only one room existed at the end of the staircase: Seunghyun's bedroom.

 

They watched as those pudgy fingers trailed up the soft bedspread, smoothing themselves across the pillow as if they belonged there. Jiyong clenched his hands tight. Staying in his Leader persona was hard, considering the fact that he was watching a stranger invade his boyfriend's bedroom.

 

As if the kidnapper had earned every right to be there.

 

A deep voice filtered through the video, and the intruder scrambled to find a hiding place. He eventually dived into the closet, closing the door just in time for the room's inhabitant to appear at the top of the stairs. He was laughing at something a higher-pitched voice called from below.

 

Very nearly the moment he stepped foot into his private room, however, Seunghyun's features changed. Unease and suspicion carved a crease between his brows and hung from the corners of his down-turned lips. His guileless gaze swept each square foot of the room, searching for whatever was out of place.

 

Those inky irises rested on the closet last of all, seemingly staring straight into the camera. They could hear excited puffs being expelled from the intruder's mouth as TOP started in the direction of the marginally open closet, apparently to investigate. His hand had almost made contact with the door when the other voice called again.

 

Something that sounded like hurry up, we're hungry.

 

Seunghyun backed away, snatching a pair of sunglasses from the dresser and retreating back towards the stairs. One last, quizzical glance traveled through the room before he continued, disappearing down the recess that held the stairs.

 

And the video ended. More abruptly than the one delivered to the boys.

 

The silence that followed was deep, stretching into a lifetime while the younger men attempted to process what they had just finished seeing.

 

It didn't make sense to them.

 

Not really.

 

“Wait,” Seungri's intricate mind seemed capable of picking out details that escaped his elders. “This guy's been, what . . . stalking Seunghyun-hyung since we were trainees?” He was visibly disturbed by the realization.

 

It didn't help that Dongwook nodded grimly as answer.

 

Daesung was frowning deeply at the floor, something in the video had stirred a fragment of his memory, and he was making an effort to reel it out. Maybe it was important. His mind only partly paid attention to what was being said.

 

Youngbae, who'd been keeping an eye on his best friend, had put his hand on Jiyong's shoulder the moment the kidnapper entered TOP's villa. His fingers tightening to keep the younger man tethered to the present when it looked like he was about to implode with rage.

 

All men currently in the office flinched at a sudden exclamation from Daesung.

 

“The sushi bar!” He received several blank stares, and rushed to explain his outburst. “That guy was in hyung's closet the day we went to that sushi bar that Director Lee told him about,” he saw that still nobody realized the significance of this, and he had to contain an exasperated scream.

 

“Seunghyun's security. We have a date, and approximate time, so we can check the camera records and see what this guy looks like,” a satisfied smile lit up his features as he watched understanding dawn on each face. “We can show the police and track them down!”

 

Nobody dared mention the possibility of being too late as the two eldest immediately pulled out their cell phones. Hyunsuk calling the authorities and Dongwook contacting Seunghyun's security company to find out what they needed to have access to the video logs.

 

Seungri and Youngbae subtly herded a stoic G-Dragon in the direction of the couch. Their bleak expressions had finally lightened with the crumb of hope offered.

 

Daesung bowed his head and began to pray.

 

Seunghyun had, after all, only been captive for about six hours, give or take, according to what they had seen and his own calculations.

 

We'll find you, hyung. Hang tight.

- - - - - - - - - -

 

AN

 

So! I lied. I thought this was going to be the last chapter, but the story bashed me over the head, screaming YOU FOOL! I BE DONE WHEN I WANNA BE DONE. And now I don't know how many chapters it's going to be. /whine/ It was supposed to be a one-shot!

 

Anyways. Hope you enjoy!