Thirty-five

Daughter of Venus, Raised by Mars

Thirty-five 

Background Music

                 And so Hana felt the urge to do the most cowardly thing. Run. But she could not seem to tear her eyes from the figure before her. She was paralyzed by his strong gaze, artificial yet authentic. Minutes of silence passed by as the two sat staring at each other. 

                 “You…don’t remember me?” her voice, small and disappointed, whispered.

                 “I want to. I really do, Sojin.” Luhan responded, looking exasperated as his body was unable to function as it previously did.

                 Hana looked away, feeling cold and tired.

                 “Do it,” Luhan closed his eyes.

                 “Do what?”

                 “What you came here to do. Destroy my robotic side. If it’s that important to you for me to remember, I’d rather die trying to do something that will help you.” Luhan didn’t know why, but he did not enjoy looking at the girl’s face that lacked color and life.

                 Turning around to look out of the shelter, only to find that the rain began to pour harder, Hana looked up in attempt to block her tears from falling. She stared at his face again, and couldn’t help but let out a sob, because she wished with all the heart she had left, that he would just remember.

Remember that she had been his best friend.

Remember how he would always protect her.

Remember that she loved him.

                 “I’d rather you find out yourself,” Hana whimpered. No matter what, she couldn’t bring herself to bring further damage.

                 So she left him there. And she ran. She ran in the pouring rain, until she met the end of the street, and eventually could figure out where she was and how to get back to the headquarters.

~

The sun came out more quickly than Hana wanted, hiding the moonlight, hiding the pain enveloped in her heart. How much more can I take? She was sitting outside the transport tube, with her eyes closed peacefully, the sunlight delicately illuminating her face as she was immersed in her own thoughts and emotions. Her sweatshirt still damp from last night’s rain, but her hair dried, she wanted it all to end. She didn’t ask, or want anything to do with Luhan, with Master, anymore. She was sick and disgusted at the world around her. She wished she had died along with her parents.

                 She felt something warm around her body, something that strongly contrasted against the rain from the night before. She leaned into the warmth, taking as much of it as she could possibly manage to take. Inhaling the scent of comfort and love, she was reminded of how she was able to put herself through this torture. And it was because of Baekhyun. Luhan was the why, and Baekhyun was the how. When this all ends, she thought, what would happen next? It was possible that Luhan would remember, yet it was possible that he wouldn’t. What then? Would she continue to chase after him? There were no remnants of him left now that were affiliated with their past. Maybe because she secretly believed that if he remembered, he would love her back. Maybe because she held the slightest hope that if he remembered, things could go back to how they were. Hana scoffed at herself and her selfishness. The mad chasing would bring her to emptiness.

                 She finally opened her eyes, only to find Baekhyun gazing back at her. That loving, caring gaze, that Luhan had never given. As if nothing but her mattered to him. As if he could understand every one of her thoughts. Hana realized, that Baekhyun was what she needed. Without him, Hana did not know what she would do. She saw a future in him. She imagined all of the beautiful things they would do after everything was after over.

                 Hana inhaled, becoming intoxicated with his scent.

                 And she leaned in, gently covering his soft, warm lips, with her cold ones. She sighed in satisfaction as Baekhyun’s lips massaged her own, moving in a light, yet passionate rhythm.

                 Hana had never felt so content. Neither had Baekhyun.

                 "Hana," Baekhyun breathed as he pulled away, "What is going on?"

                 "Just realizing some things... that's all," She grinned, "Why? Flustered?"

                 Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but then creased his eyebrows. "Were you with Luhan last night?"

                 "...Yes"

                 "And, what happened?"

                 "I didn't kill him," Hana looked away solemnly. "I couldn't." 

                  Pulling her body closer to his, Baekhyun sighed as Hana rested her head against his chest, listening to his slow but steady heartbead. She would rather listen to this rather than a whirring moter. 

                 "It'll be okay," Baekhyun paused, "Because I love you." 

                 "And I love you," Hana could feel the fire within her, slowly melting the coldness, as she said the three words. 

 


Author's Note: Are ya'll surprised? I hope you didn't forget about my story xD It took me a very long time to get back to this one, but I hope to eventually finish it before I finished high school. So much has happened since I started this story...heck Luhan isn't even in EXO anymore XD. Thanks so much for waiting guys!

Wishing you the best!

Min