Chapter 4

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week since Jonghyun had seen Jieun, but he was prepared. No, he was more than ready. The checklist was already in his pocket, and the paper that mapped out his revenge was in his hands. He took a deep breath, and opened the door.

Here he was, standing at the entrance of the library. The librarian was busy checking out books, and a handful of students scattered all over the library. As Jonghyun scanned around, he closed the door behind him and entered the room with caution. He eventually found Jieun at the biography section, reading a book about the famous deaf-blind woman, Helen Keller.

"Hey Jieun," he greeted her. Jieun looked up from her book, then gave him a weary smile. She closed the book and placed it back on the shelf, greeting Jonghyun but a small bow. "How are you?"

She signed, "I'm fine."

"I see. Then... can I jump to a topic that might be pretty sensitive to you?" he asked. Jieun spelled something with her hands, but Jonghyun was unable to read it. He scrunched his eyebrows, then pulled out a paper. "Um... Can you write?"

Instead of writing, she mouthed the words, "Luhan?"

Jonghyun nodded his head. "Yeah. About Luhan. Listen, it's not like I'm totally interested in what your relationship with Luhan is and it's not like I really, really want to bug into your private life or anything, but to get to the point... Can I ask you why you freaked out when you heard Luhan's name?"

Jieun's eyes narrowed at an unbelievable length. She gritted her teeth in anger, but deep inside, she was trembling in fear. She wet her dry lips and slammed her book close, shoving it back into the shelf and walking away. Jonghyun blinked his eyes, and followed right behind her. What was her problem now? Didn't he just tell her that he wasn't interested and that he only wanted to know why she fret after hearing Luhan's own name? 

Girls are so weird, he thought, shaking his head.

"Hey, wait up!" Jonghyun called, running towards her. "You still haven't agreed with teaming up with me!"

In return, Jieun ripped out a paper in her notebook, crumbled it up, and threw it directly at his forehead. He groaned not in pain, but from annoyance over Jieun's stubbornness. He glared at her from her back and grabbed the crumbled paper.

"I'll take that as a 'yes' if you don't say anything!" Jonghyun shouted. Jieun shook her head, then disappeared at the corner of the hall. He huffed and managed to mutter some rude words behind Jieun's back as he turned the other way and marched on. 

What an idiot! She's such an annoying mute girl! he exclaimed, unfolding the crumbled paper. He stopped his tracks, and scanned the paper again. Then again. And again.

By the fifth time, he began to read the white sheet with a careful gaze. Turning his head, he noticed how Jieun could be far away from him, or maybe back to her class. Jonghyun shoved the paper in his pockets, and began to run in the hallways.

"Hold up!" Jonghyun shouted with glee. "We still have to discuss the plan!"

'Yes,' Jonghyun repeated in his head. She wrote 'yes!'

It only took a few moments for Jieun to realize what an idiot Jonghyun was. School was finally over, and she was just about to head out of the school gates until she found a group of students quietly laughing and giggle among themselves. At first, she thought that it was because of how she was dressed, but realized that they were all pointing at the poor boy who was leaning against the walls of the entrance to the school, nodding his head and breathing out soft snores. She stood next to him so it seemed like he wasn't alone and sleeping off, but he was actually waiting for someone with a girl next to him. Although it was embarrassing and she was missing cram school, it was better than letting Jonghyun sleep until the police officers saw him and told him to head home.

"J-J-Jieun? L-Lee Jieun?" a voice stuttered. Jieun tensed up, and looked up slowly. Standing in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter