Chapter 2

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How was this possible? Were all girls born to be so forgiving towards the man who committed a crime? How could all the cute girls at his class believe that Luhan didn't mean to kill Yoona? It was crazy! The only woman who didn't care about the matter was Jieun, but there was no way that he would ask for her help. Especially the way she called Yoona an "item."

Jonghyun irritatedly chewed on his plastic straw. "Crazy! Taemin, what's wrong with your classmates?"

Taemin happily sipped on the bottle of milk and looked up. "Hm? If there's something wrong with my classmates, why are you here?"

"I won't forgive them! Once they open their eyes and realize what a criminal Luhan is, they'll definitely come to me and cry for protection. I won't protect them. They don't even care about Yoona!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"That's because Yoona was dating Luhan, and Luhan was dating Yoona. They're bound to be glad that she's gone. Now they have a chance with Luhan," Taemin pointed out. "Then again, they kind of don't have the chance since Luhan doesn't want to date anyone anymore."

"Annoying. This is very annoying," Jonghyun complained.

"I know, right? It's only Jieun who doesn't want to be around Luhan, and I don't like Jieun. She's mean." The young boy finished his drink and wiped his lips with the back of his hand. "One time, I was walking in the hallways, and dropped my books. Papers scattered, and she was bending down to pick them up. Once she handed to me, she just... dropped the papers and let it fly all over the place. Afterwards, when I collected all my worksheets, she was gone! She didn't even say sorry! That woman... She... She just makes my blood boil!"

"Mhm... Yesterday, I went to talk to her at the library. She didn't even talk! She just took out some paper and began to insult Yoona!"

"Exact-- Wait, what?" Taemin stared at Jonghyun with wide eyes. "She communicated with you?"

"Yeah, and she insulted Y--"

"She actually had a conversation with you?"

"Taemin, the whole point is that she insulted--"

"What the heck?" Taemin shouted, standing up and accidentally pushing his chair down to the ground. "She actually wrote something to you? That's the first time I've heard her talk to someone!"

Jonghyun frowned. "What's so good about having a girl insult my friend--"

"No, no, no!" Taemin repeated in a hush voice, sitting back down. "That's not it, Jonghyun! Don't you understand? This is the first time since forever since she communicated with a person, even though it's not verbal."

"Wha... Taemin, you don't make any sense," Jonghyun told him. "The point is, Jieun called Yoo--"

"Jonghyun, Jieun used to talk a lot in middle school," Taemin explained, once again interrupted him. "But there's an incident where Jieun lost her voice. People say it's because something happened that scared her so much, she couldn't speak at all, even if she wanted to."

"I don't understand where you're going with this, but what I'm trying to say here is that she called Yoona a--"

"Jonghyun. Jieun is mute."

Jonghyun blinked his eyes. The chatters in Taemin's classroom seemed a lot more quieter than before. Did they hear their conversation? No, that would be impossible. They were speaking in a tone quiet enough for only the two to hear. Instead of hearing people speak, he could only hear the branch tap against the window softly. The world froze just for a moment, and he was unable to move from his spot. When he heard a chair fall to the ground, he snapped out of his thoughts and stared at Taemin, who still kept up a surprised expression.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter