Heartbreaker

Project: Eve [Hiatus]

 

 

After two weeks, GD and Sohee grew closer and closer. Not only were they neighbors but also friends who accompany each other. They have also exchanged phone numbers which helped develop their relationship. The pacing was going nice and smooth; now that he’s already noticed her, Sohee has to make him fall for her.

 

***

 

“GD, wait for me!” Sohee shouted as she ran to catch up with GD. He didn’t seem to have heard her though because he continued walking and didn’t even turn to her when she called.

Sohee was able to get behind him and pulled his gray beanie playfully.

“Hey!” GD yelled annoyingly. He pulled one of his earphones and turned, “Why you…?”

“Y-Your hair…” Sohee was surprised to see that GD’s hair was red, which was black last week.

“Sohee...” GD didn’t expect to see her.

“What happened to your hair?” She asked, handing him his beanie.

GD took it and put it back on, making sure that each strand is hidden, “Oh, I just dyed it.”

“But you might get scolded for that.” Sohee was worried.

“Nah, it’ll be fine.” GD seemed the slightest bit concerned.

Sohee pouted, thinking that, of course, it won’t be.

It was quiet for a while as the two of them walked together. Sohee noticed that one of GD’s earphones was hanging to his chest, while one was still on his ear.

“What are you listening to?” She asked.

“Oh, just one of my mixes.” GD said.

“You know how to remix songs?” Sohee was amazed. This info wasn’t on his profile.

GD nodded and smiled, “Would you like to hear it?”

Sohee beamed and nodded.

GD put the hanging earphone on Sohee’s ear and she began singing along with the song.

“It’s good that we’re listening to the same type of music.” GD said.

Sohee nodded. “This is really good!” She smiled.

“I’m glad you like it.” He smiled back.

The two went on walking like that for a while. When they reached the corner of the street, Sohee stopped. “I guess I’ll see you later then.” She handed the earphone back to GD.

He took it, “I forgot that you’re studying at a different school.”

Sohee chuckled, “I guess I’ll just see you later?”

GD smiled, “Yeah, see you later.”

GD waited for Sohee to be able to ride the bus before he left. Upon boarding, she went straight to the back of the bus, took out her phone and put on her earphones. The complainant is right… He is sweet… and a gentleman, but I can’t let that get to me.

Sohee finally arrived at school, only a couple of minutes earlier than the start of classes. This is burdensome. The house is quite far, for some time, I might be late in my classes. She sighed as she dropped her bag on her table and flopped to her chair. She looked out the window as she continued to listen to music.

For the whole day, Sohee didn’t have a conversation with anyone. Just a few hi’s and hello’s from her classmates in which she only responded with a smile. That’s her. She’d rather be alone than engage in small talks with her female classmates. Her break times would be spent in the library or the school grounds where she would just sit and enjoy the fresh air as she listened to music. She doesn’t enjoy being around many people, that’s why, even she was surprised to have blended in with the other Project: Eve agents.

“Sohee, Sohee.” A girl tapped Sohee’s shoulder as she was staring blankly outside the window.

Sohee took off her earphones. She didn’t notice that it was already dismissal; that a whole day has just gone by.

“Uh, yeah?” She asked.

“The security officer said that someone is looking for you downstairs.” The girl said.

“Me?” She asked again, just to be sure.

The girl nodded.

“I’ll be there, thanks.” She replied.

The girl smiled then left.

Sohee stood up and fixed her things. She dropped her phone and earphones in her bag then hang it on her shoulder.

Who could it be? She thought as she descended the stairs.

“Sohee, you’re finally here! I was just about to go and fetch you.” The security officer said cheerfully upon seeing her coming down to the ground floor.

“Someone’s looking for me?” Sohee asked, still unable to comprehend the fact that someone came to see her.

“Yeah,” The officer then leaned to whisper something to her, “He’s hot!”

Sohee’s eyes widened, “What are you saying?” She laughed and hit the officer’s arm.

The officer laughed back, “I was just joking.”

She smiled. The officer was the only person in the whole school system that she finds comfortable talking with like this.

The officer walked with Sohee towards the lobby.

“There he is.” The officer pointed to a guy, with a grey beanie, sitting at a bench in the lobby with his legs stretched out as if he’s at his sofa at home and playing busily on his iPad.

Sohee smiled, “How long has he been here?”

“Hmm… about 30 minutes?” The officer said.

“Thanks officer.” She said.

“Don’t mention it.” The officer smiled then left.

Sohee walked and stood in front of him, close enough for him to notice her.

GD slowly lifted his head up, “You’re here!” He immediately put his things inside his bag and stood up.

“What are you doing here?” Sohee said, trying to hide her overflowing feelings from being surprised and touched by his sweetness.

“Nothing.” GD grinned, “I just thought I’d visit you.”

Sohee can’t help but smile. “Well, because of that, I’ll go and treat you to an ice cream!” Sohee said as they started to walk out of the school.

“Ahh! I could really use an ice cream now.” GD said, stretching his arms up and putting it behind his head.

“Why? Did something bad happen?” She asked.

“Well, you predicted it earlier this morning.” He said.

Sohee went blank, “Me? I predicted it?”

“The school director scolded me for my hair.” GD pouted.

Sohee laughed, “Of course he would! Why in the world did you even color your hair when you know that schools do not allow that? Even add the fact that it is red, RED!”

GD chuckled, “Why? It looks good on me.” He looked at her and stopped walking, “Admit it! It looks good on me, right?”

She was startled by his sudden questioning and stopped on her tracks too, “O-Okay. Fine, it looks good on you.”

He continued walking. “Ah! You’re just making me feel even worse. Maybe I should just go home,” He said, acting dramatically.

Sohee laughed and pulled his arm, “Stop being childish!”

GD laughed. “Don’t worry, I won’t go home. I already went this far, I’m not leaving you now.”

Sohee blushed.

GD noticed it, so before things turn awkward, he immediately thought of something to change the conversation. “I could use that ice cream right now.” GD said then he pointed to a convenient store at the other side of the road.

The two of them crossed the street and bought ice drops. Both bought strawberry flavored ones.

“Does this really taste good?” GD looked as he examined the ice drop while turning it.

“Of course! Trust me.” Sohee smiled. “Oh, there’s the bus.” They ran to it and quickly got in. They took a seat at the left side which was just a couple benches near the last row.

Sohee sat by the window and stared at the view outside.

“You seem to be thinking of something.” GD interrupted her thoughts.

She turned to him and chuckled upon seeing him enjoying the ice drop, “I told you they taste good.”

“I’m just eating this because it’s your treat.” GD said.

“Aww, shut up!” Sohee laughed.

GD laughed too.

When the humor died down, they both became quiet. After finishing his ice drop, GD took out his iPod. He put his earphones on and flipped through his playlist. GD then put on one earphone on Sohee’s ear. She was a bit startled, but she smiled to herself as she listened to his mixes.

Sohee turned to him then he looked at her too and smiled at her.

So this is the heartbreaker.

 

After the long wait, here is the update for Heartbreaker! I have made this chapter ages ago but my laptop broke *sniff* Fortunately, I was able to get my file, so here it is :) I hope you like it!