03 - Mint Green

Frozen Tears

 

"Himchan-ssi? Himchan-ssi?!"

Himchan’s eyes fluttered. Darkness was blinding him and he had to blink a few times until he could recognize a silhouette.

A small girl with blonde hair was patting Himchan’s cheeks and fished her cell phone. As she realized Himchan opened his eyes, she sighed in relief. “Oh my goodness, Himchan-ssi! What are you doing here??”

Himchan still didn’t come to his senses. His lips had the color of blue and purple and his face lost any colors. It almost has the same color as the snow bed he was lying on.

“I’m Luna. Yejin’s cousin, remember?” The girl asked worriedly. “Maybe I should really call an ambulance.”

Luna hurriedly dialed a number, but Himchan’s icy hand prevented her from doing so.  “I’m fine.”

“You’re fine? You don’t look like that.” Luna put her cell phone back and helped Himchan stand up.

Himchan shrugged and whispered with a husky voice. “My fans would make unnecessary fusses, if I visit the hospital.”

Luna eyed Himchan doubtfully, but she decided against commending him to go to the hospital. Still she was pretty concerned about him.  “Anyway, are you insane sleeping outside in the middle of winter, Himchan-ssi?!”

He lightly shook his head and turned towards her. Then he looked at the letter from Yejin which was buried by the snowflakes. “Yejin…”

Luna felt pity as she saw the red eyes of Himchan and pulled his sleeves. She cried a lot as Yejin bid goodbye to her too. It’s time for her to encourage someone else who’s an important person to Yejin. “Let’s drink a coffee, you need to warm up.”

Himchan nodded and took the letter from the ground. He tagged along with her and let her lead the way.

They entered a coffee house near the Han River. As Luna opened the door of the shelter, she immediately smelled the warm sweet coffee scent. She ordered two cappuccinos and gave it to Himchan. “It’s on my treat.”

Himchan thanked her with a quick nod and didn’t hesitate to taste the coffee. “How did you find me?”

“I was the one who gave the waiter from Joel’s Lounge the letter. He called me that you received it and I rushed to meet you in the playground.” Luna laughed at herself. “I even ditched my classes in Amerika for the sake of giving you this.”

She ransacked her school bag and after finding what she was searching for, she handed Himchan a mint green envelope.  “From Yejin-eonnie.”

Himchan starred at it and finally took it from her hand. “Thanks”

With shaking hands he unclosed the letter and read it.

This will be the last page. After this I will bid my last farewell to you, darling.

“This is not her writing.” Himchan mentioned and frowned at Luna. “I know, continue reading.”

It is not written by me. Luna, my cousin, helps me. I feel like a weakling right now. I’m not even able to hold a pen properly. In this last page, I will clarify things I didn’t want to tell you and things I couldn’t tell you.

Back when you got the request of joining TS Entertainment as a trainee, I fainted in a train in the direction of your house. I really, really wanted to congrats you and surprise you at your home, but I didn’t have the chance to. Since that day my condition got worse the hospital was kind of my second home.

Himchan clearly remembered the weak voice of her, as she called him to apologize, because she couldn't come. For Himchan, it wasn't important at all. He was more concerned about her state.

He immediately visited her and stayed for days at her side. He would always bring her something to eat and something to drink, if he thought the hospital food was worse than trash. 

I bet you also knew something was wrong, when I haven’t called you on your Birthday last year, am I right? I had some problems with my breathing and my heart didn’t thump normally. I don’t know why, I stopped listening to the nurses and doctors.

I didn’t tell you the real reason, I know.  

At Himchan’s birthday, he was both mad and worried at Yejin. Mad, because she didn’t contact him at all. Worried, because he didn’t know what happened to her.  

Do you know how much lack of sleep I got, because I miss you? One day I took my phone and dialed your number. I miss your voice and I wanted to try telling you about my sorrows.

You weren’t answering. My mind went blank that time. I thought you would hate me.

Being an idol is pretty hard, I know. So I understood that you didn’t pick up the phone after I’ve tried to reach you for three days.

Himchan stopped reading. The big burden came again into his heart, as if it wasn’t enough already.

Himchan wasn’t that busy, that he couldn’t answer her calls. Indeed, he has lots of times where he could call her back, but he ignored it. He ignored the calls.

Every time his phone rang and the screen said “Yejin”, he ignored it and threw his phone away. He was scared to hear her voice. He wasn’t ready to talk to her. If he knew it might be the last time he could talk to her, he would’ve accepted it.

Well, if he knew it beforehand.

Channie, I won’t see you again, I won’t see you again in this earth. Promise me, I’ll see you again in heaven. Pretty Please? Strengthen your faith and be happy.

Give my regards to your lovely family and friends. Also the other B.A.P members, I haven’t seen them, but I’m sure they will love you and your charm.

You are the best boyfriend a girl could ever imagine. Thank you so much. Thank you for loving me.

"I should be the one who says thank you. Thank you for loving me and being the best girlfriend I could ever imagine." 

And, Oppa, I am sorry. Please forgive me. One day you will find a better girl, someone who makes you happy. Don’t lose your hopes. Reach for your dreams. Use your talent. Not for me, but for you. Make the best of what you can. I will watch over you from above, understand?

Don’t cry for me. Don’t shed a tear for me. Smile and look up.

Himchan kissed the letter as a symbol of kissing his girlfriend's forehead. I won't forget you, Yejin. I will always love you forever and ever.

With lots of love,

Yejin.

PS: I love you, I will always will.

 

 

“...” Himchan frowned and stood up holding a stack of paper in his hands. “What kind of a boyfriend is he??”

He slammed the script on the wooden table in front of him in distraught.

“HImchan-ah, we still need the script!” Yongguk said and snatch the paper away, before Himchan could harm it more.

“Yeah, whatever. If I knew that stupid guy… he doesn’t deserve any girl in this world, really!” Himchan snapped out.

Daehyun put the script he was reading down and looked at Himchan. “Hyung, it’s only for our MV. You don’t have to work up that much.”

“No, no. What you do is good. You’ll have the right feeling for this MV.” The PD said. “Ailee-ssi, are you alright with this? You will play a girl who just died and wrote some letters to her ex-boyfriend. We'll make some flashback scene with you and Himchan and also some scenes with you writing the letter down.”

Ailee who was just finish with reading the text, smiled at the PD. “I like the idea. Loving somebody means sacrificing and suffering too.”

“Are you in, then?” Zelo asked and received an enthusiastic nod from Ailee. “Oh, I’d love to!”

The PD clapped his hands and rose up from the chair. “Good, we'll have our main characters, then. Himchan, Ailee and the rest of B.A.P, the filming will be in two months. I’ll be anticipating our work, see you soon.”

B.A.P member’s, Ailee and the staff for filming their new song ‘Frozen Tears’ bowed to each other. Ailee had to leave due to her schedule and Himchan insisted to take her to the exit.

“It’s a huge honor for me to work with you guys.” Ailee smiled widely. “Thank you very much for choosing me as the female lead role for your MV.”

“No problems,” Himchan smiled too and patted Ailee’s head. “Anyway, who can resist my girlfriend?”

Ailee laughed at his remark. “But I can’t understand why she didn’t tell him directly about her illness. I would’ve told you that.”

“Oh, good thing! I don’t want to change my future plans with you.”

“Future plans? What future plans?” Ailee asked curiously.

“Well, one day I’ll publish our love, so we don’t have to date secretly. After B.A.P, I will make you mine and we’ll have three children: two boys and a girl, and-“ –  “Wait, wait, wait… two boys and a girl? No way, it should be equally, either one boy and one girl, or two boys and two girls.”

Himchan shook his head. “Why? Two boys and one girl is a perfect ideal family!”

“Nooo… a girl needs a sister; she’s all alone between two brothers!”

And thus the couple argued about their hopefully bright future ahead of them.

 


A/N: *sigh* how was the ending? Are you surprised? (Maybe a little bit?) So in the end I have two endings. A kind of sad one and a happy one :)

I'm very dissatisfied with this fanfic :((, I still need a LOT of practice... any critics for me? 

GIF is not mine, credit to the owner!