Chapter 2

Love Letters

 

As the days passed, Heechul kept getting frequent visits from Hangeng or Hankyung, his Korean name which is way easier to pronounce, who kept bringing him love letters that he began to grow accustomed to. Everyday before class starts, he will get one and after the last bell, there'll be another. His curiosity for the admirer began to grew, but his only clue was the postman who kept tripping over his own words.
  "Another one, hyung?" Siwon asked, as he saw Heechul holding a letter.
  Heechul nodded, happily, "Whoever the girl is, clearly loves me. You should all take pointers from her."
  "Yes, we should all learn to notice how your eyes sparkled or how your 'lips form an amazing yet mischievous grin when plotting a prank', how 'your hair managed to look hot, when it's messy'," Kibum said, sarcastically, repeating one of the previous letters.
  "Aww, Kibummie, I didn't know you love me that much too," Heechul said, patting his head.
  "Yah, hyung, what are you going to do now?" Siwon asked, curiously.
  "Um, keep the letters?" Heechul said, as if it was obvious.
  "Aren't you curious and want to know who wrote them?" Siwon asked.
  "Who wrote what?" Donghae asked, as he just came up with Eunhyuk. Heechul didn't miss the fact that he had deliberately taken the seat next to Kibum.
  "The love letters Heechul's been getting," Kibum answered, taking the letter. This is the newest one. 'Privacy is something I'm sure your friends have never heard since they keep on reading the letters. Yes, I noticed, I'm not blind Heechul.-'"
  Heechul snatched back the letter, before he could continue.
  "I didn't know it was supposed to be private," Leetuk said.
  "How come you didn't just ask the guy who gave it to you who wrote them?" Eunhyuk asked.
  "Cause he can barely speak Korean."
  "He speaks Chinese, right?" Kibum said. "Siwon can speak Chinese and talk to him, for you."
  "You can speak Chinese?" Heechul asked, surprised.
  "Yeah, what did you think those extra classes were for?"
  "I thought its cause the teacher was just hot," Heechul grinned, before putting on an innocent face. "So, you'll talk to him for me, your favourite hyung?"
  Siwon merely laughed, "Sure, sure."
  Heechul was never one for patience, and that is why as soon as he spotted Hankyung, he waved and called him over. Hankyung, was debating whether to go or just ignore him, when Zhoumi nudged him. He sighed, knowing there's no point in putting it off. He walked over to the table, and greeted in his broken Korean.
  "Anneyong."
  "Hankyung, Siwon wants to talk to you," Heechul said, sharply nudging Siwon.
  Maybe it was just in his mind, but Kibum thought he saw a look in Hankyung's eyes. A look he knew well.
  Siwon began to speak in Chinese and although he tripped over a few words, he managed to get the conversation across. Hankyung was clearly surprised to know another person that can speak Chinese other than him, Zhoumi and Henry. The others just watched as the two exchanged words they couldn't understand.
  Heechul returned back to his letter.
  '-You might be, but I'm not. Kay, maybe I am a bit since I barely noticed anything else when you're around. I wonder what it's like to be with you, laughing, talking. We could just be friends, I guess, but it'd be nice for it to be something more, right? Gosh, you must be thinking that I'm a stalker or something. Well-"
  "Heechul hyung!"
  Heechul blinked and realized Hankyung had been watching him as he read and Siwon was waving his hand, "Heechul hyung, you okay?"
  Slightly annoyed, Heechul pushed away his hand, "Yeah, yeah. What did Hankyung say?"
  "He said, he got it from a girl but he promised that he'd keep her identity a secret," Siwon told him.
  "Why?" Heechul asked sharply to the Chinese man.
  Hankyung seemed a bit startled and nervous as he tries to find his words, "I...uh, she....ask....no tell...you."
  He waved his hand about as if to show what he meant but only resulting in confusing Heechul even more. Heechul narrowed his eyes at the Chinese man and held back the urge to hit him and tell him to get his act together. Siwon quickly asked something in Chinese, which he answered with a hasty bye.
  "Well, that helps," Kyuhyun said, with a slight interest. Sungmin quickly nudged him to shut up.
 
•••
  "Kibummie!"
  Kibum barely turned when a sudden weight was on him. He turned slightly annoyed, though he knew he can't keep like that for long.
  "Kibum, are you coming with us later?" Donghae asked.
  "To where?"
  "The mall. Sungmin hyung insisted he needed something new," he answered, his arm casually around the younger.
  "I can't. I have to see someone later," Kibum replied, his eyes searching the crowd.
  "Oh. Who?" Donghae asked, trying to cover up his disappointment.
  "Just someone," was Kibum's reply.
  Donghae was about to whine and question him repeatedly when the bell rang and before he could grasp it, Kibum had waved goodbye and left. He pouted, wondering what's so important to the younger that he can't go to the mall with his friends. They don't even have to shop. Donghae had wanted to ask him to go the arcade with him.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tadaa! Finally, an update on this. It's much easier writing The Masked Prince than this, but oh well. This might be shorter than I expected though.
 
Anyway, comment your thoughts.