Meat Loving TaeMin

My SM Bros

 

“TaeMin oppa! Can we go to Black Bear’s Steak House today?” I yelled, eagerly anticipating his response.

“Mwo? Steak? I’m going.” TaeMin oppa stumbled himself out of his room. All my other brothers were out for a fan signing, however, TaeMin was just too lazy he faked a fever, thus leaving the other of his hyungs as worried as ever, nonchalantly stayed in his room casually, eating ice cream as he watched ‘To The Beautiful You’ over, and over, and over again, admiring SulLi unnie.

He grabbed his purse as his other hand put on his sunglasses and hat, before dragging me out of the door, but suddenly froze.

“Wait, JaeHee-ah, how do we go there if JongHyun hyung is not here to drive us?”

“We are walking on our feet, god, please,” I replied, shaking my head.

“B… But…! I don’t want to get tired…!” He whined, pulling onto my cotton long sleeve shirt’s sleeve.

“What other way is there to go?” I snapped, and when he gave me then pleading look, I had to loosen my strict countenance. “Well oppa who told you not to get a driver’s license.”

He sighed, and then released my sleeve, pulling me to the door.

“Well then we should get going quickly, I don’t want hyungs to come back.”

I gave him a firm nod as I joyfully trotted with him out of our house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

“Welcome! For how many?”

Once we entered the diner’s, a young looking waitress with maroon hair asked us, picking up two menus from her side.

“Two…”

Oppa muttered rather uncomfortably, signaling two fingers lifted up. Why did she even ask that question, I blankly thought as she escorted us to a seat, a couple seat.

“Er, excuse me, but we’re no…”

“Enjoy!” The waitress waved us a forced smile, slamming the menu down on the table. She glared at me, before striding away.

“Wow… That lady needs some manners,” oppa  snapped his fingers relatively loudly so it was audible to the waitress, who upon the snap, lifted her chin up so high as she quickened her pace. He sat down, and I gawkily followed, sitting down on the other side. It was rather uncomfortable to be sitting with my brother on a couple seat, whom, technically was a celebrity. Some might have noticed, for they would pause their steps for a while, just to get a closer look of oppa and I, and each time he would turn his face away to avoid glances.

“So, what do you want?” I broke the silence, asking as I pointed on the menu. “I want this.”

“What?! Beef?! JaeeHee, I thought you were on a diet!” TaeMin cried, quickly covering his mouth to realize where he was, in the public. I sighed.

“I was never on a diet, and I will never go on one. Now you choose.” He gave me a puzzled look, before sticking his nose into the menu. His eyesight had gotten worse since last year.

“I’d get the menu of the day,” he finally announced, closing the menu shut on the table, sighing. “All of them look so good…!” He shook his head as if to show disbelief. What a brother. I shook my head in dismay of my brother as I raised my hand up high in the air. No one said I was going on a diet; I was just trying to burn more calories.

The same waitress came to us in no moment, with a sulky expression on her face. She noted our orders, staring at us with the same ugly look before arrogantly cat walking away.

While waiting for the steaks to arrive, oppa and I just tittle-tattled, of whatever rumors and gossips we knew of. Funny how he talked just like my girl friends, listening and nodding along eagerly to whatever little stories I had, then sharing his, exchanging more, wanting more.

Finally when the foods have arrived, we shut our blabber mouths tight, swallowing the words to make space for delicious fatties.

“Let’s eat!” His eyes glimmered in excitement and delight as he picked his fork up, and without cutting the large chunky piece, started ripping off chunks with his teeth, gobbling each down. I was horrified at this scene, my mouth hung open in midair, my hand on its way to making its way to the delicious looking meat that waited patiently without moving an inch on the plate. Finally, bringing myself back into reality, I did the same as him, and like wild wolves we were, munching and ripping and swallowing. Little did we care about amazed shocked-looking eyes staring wide open at us. Little did we realize anything.

We finished the meat almost at the same time. We laid back, patting our full stomachs. It felt just so great to eat an elephant at times. I smiled at oppa, however, he did not smile back, rather, looking to the side with a cold sweat. I turned to his direction, and guess what I saw?

Twenty-nine brothers.