Mr. Pokerface, Sehun

My SM Bros

 

The youngest guy in our family is Sehun. He has this poker face all the time, never smiles (at least, I don’t think so) and seems cold hearted, but in reality, he’s the EXACT OPPOSITE, except the poker- faced part. Sehun oppa seems like he’s lost, sullen and sometimes, lifeless. But, that’s just his inner self. Only our family knows how HE REALLY CAN BE. Yea sure, the smile makes him look naïve. Tch, have you seen him at home? Imagine… Sehun jumping on the beds, having pillow fights with me and the other brothers, riding the seesaw with Tae Hee… You can’t, right? Haha… Our family sees it ALL THE TIME. He’s also a what do you call it? Oh, that’s right, A MAJOR PLAYER. He just graduated school so now he gets even more hyperactive when it comes to girls… He dates girls outside of Busan, where we live.  In fact, he hits on girls who just come to Korea for a trip, not for a permanent stay. Why he wants to hide his play boy-ish antics, you may ask? Well, he wants to keep that “Get away from me look” until he can find THE ONE. And I know you know what I mean by “THE ONE”. He’s just not ready to find the perfect girl. Which is why, I, Jae Hee, decided to help him. I’m only 12 years old, but who cares? Young or old, love is always is the same.

 

He sees girls ALL THE TIME, but, they never appeal to him. Because… There’s still THAT GIRL in his mind. That girl is, the one and only, Kim Taeyeon. Taeyeon and Sehun met when she came to Korea for 2 weeks to stay with her aunt and uncle. Little did he know that he was going to fall in love with her, after their first meeting. They were together for a whole week, when Taeyeon finally confessed and told him, “Sehunah… I don’t know how to tell you this, but… I’m getting married in two weeks.” The only reason I KNOW was because I kinda eavesdropped and spied on them. Sehun found out that I was there and made me promise that I COULD NEVER EVER TELL ANYONE. I promised.

 

Now, it is my duty to fulfill is lonely heart… Yea sure, a few of my other brothers are single, but… Sehun is different. He’s the best brother out of all 29. Why you may ask? I don’t actually know… Anyways, back to the Taeyeon story… Taeyeon unni finally told Sehun and oppa started crying… I felt really bad and seeing my favorite oppa get hurt just made me want to kill Kim Taeyeon. But alas, Taeyeon unni was too nice for me to even THINK about killing her.

 

Me and Sehun were forced to go to the market to help Leeteuk oppa get food. Ugh… I hate when they take advantage of the maknaes. Tae Hee wants to go, too, if Leeteuk oppa goes. Grrr… Lay, Tao, Minho, Taemin and Kai oppa were dancing in the living room while Key, Jonghyun, Donghae, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun oppa were watching TV. Everyone else was either on the computer, or phone, or just sleeping. Aish, I have such a lazy family.

 

We got to the market. I was holding Tae Hee’s right hand and Leeteuk oppa was holding her left. Sehun oppa was pushing the cart. Tae Hee kept grabbing snacks that she likes. I grabbed the food I liked and Sehun oppa did the same. Leeteuk oppa just laughed and said, “Aigoo… The maknaes…” He grabbed a lot of food from each shelf. We walked through the aisles and I saw… Uh?! Taeyeon unni?! I can’t let Sehun oppa see her. What should I do? They’re gonna pass each other soon!

“Oppa!” I scream. Sehun turns around and faces me, instead of Taeyeon.  Phew. “Sehun?” I hear a voice. And that voice HAD TO BELONG to Taeyeon’s. Wow. Just my luck. Sehun froze and walked away.

 “Sehunah, don’t be like this,” Taeyeon said, grabbing onto oppa’s wrist.

“Oh! Taeyeonah! You’re here… Sehun, I didn’t know you and Taeyeon were still dating… How long has it been, now? Like 4 years?” Leeteuk oppa asked. I facepalmed and Sehun oppa ran out of the store, dropping the grocery he was holding. The eggs cracked and spilled yolk all over my new shoes, and not to mention, Tae Hee’s face. Aish! “Yah!” I yelled at Leeteuk oppa and ran after Sehun. I finally saw him, eating rice cake at a food street stand.

“Oppa!” I called out and he turned his head.

“Uh… Wae?” he asked. I also grabbed chopsticks and took a bite.

“Are you… Okay?” I asked awkwardly.

“I don’t know,” he answered, his voice shaking. I just sat there, waiting for him to regain his strength. That didn’t work, because he started crying more.

“Oppa… Forget Taeyeon unni… Please? She’s married.” I told him.

Sehun finally stopped crying and said, “I can’t seem to. Those lips, eyes, face… We had the best times together and then she abandoned me.”

“I know, I know… I saw everything that night, remember?” Sehun nodded and ordered more rice cakes.

 “Yah! Stop eating, like seriously! We’re going to eat dinner soon,” I scolded him.

“Forget it… I’m going to eat till I die,” he answered. Ugh! I hate it when no one listens to me.

“Why? Why does it have to be Taeyeon unni? There are a lot of girls just like her-“

“SHUT UP, JAE HEE!” I froze. “You don’t know what it’s like for me! I’VE NEVER FELT LIKE THIS BEFORE ABOUT ANY GIRL, BUT HER! UNDERSTAND?! CAN YOU PLEASE JUST SHUT UP AND GET OUT OF MY LIFE?! I HATE HOW YOU ALWAYS GET INTO MY BUSINESS! Go get into Sungmin hyung’s business or something!” he yelled. He also fought with Sungmin oppa the other day so of course he’s gonna say SUNGMIN. I nodded my head and walked away, crying. When I got back to the market, Leeteuk, Tae Hee and Taeyeon were helping clean up the mess. I bent down and let my hair cover my face to hide my tears and picked up the leftover spills. Unfortunately, I started sniffling and my whole family knows that when I sniffle, it means I cried. Leeteuk pulled my hair back, revealing my red eyes.

“Jae Heeyah… What happened?”

Taeyeon also looked at me and asked, “Did Sehun do this to you?”

I shook my head no. “I…I… I tripped on the railing and slipped,” I lied.

 Leeteuk stared at me. He knows me better than that. “Yea right, Jae Hee. Seriously, what did Sehun do to you? I’ll scold him when I get home.”

“He yelled at me… But it’s fine…” I answered.

“It’s not okay, Jae Heeyah,” Taeyeon told me. She bought me chocolate bubble tea, my favorite drink and we sat down. “Tell, me, Jae Heeyah, what did he say to you?”

“He… He said something about always getting into his business, when I don’t even mean to, and that you were the only girl for him… I then told him that you were marri-“

“Jae Hee…. I’m divorced now.”

 “What?” 

Taeyeon nodded and said, “It’s been awhile now. I came back to Korea to look for Sehun.”

“Oh… Well… I’m not sure he wants to see you right now… Knowing oppa, it takes about a whole week to calm down his cry attack.”

“I know, I know… I’ll wait,” Taeyeon answered with a smile and handed Leeteuk oppa the bags. Taeyeon waved the three of us goodbye and we went home.

 

We stood in front of the door, waiting for Leeteuk oppa to unlock the door. But we heard screaming and knocking of frames and shattering glass. We heard someone yell, “YAH! SEHUN! STOP IT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU ALREADY MADE ME, DO AND CHANYEOL HYUNG BLEED!” That voice definitely belonged to Kai. Hearing BLOOD, Leeteuk immediately barged into the house, but got a pillow thrown into his face. He told me and Tae Hee to stay out. I peeked in and saw almost every brother with a bruise or blood stain. Sehun was kicking the walls, going crazy. “STOP! SEHUN!” Leeteuk roared and slapped Sehun on the right cheek. You could see the hand print. Ouch. “Sehun, what’s wrong?” he asked.

“It’s all because of Jae Hee… She reminded me of my pain… The pain of Taeyeon dating me for 7 days then telling me she was engaged…” Sehun said, tears pouring and pouring.

“Sehunah, you got it all wrong. Taeyeon came back to Korea after her divorce to look for you. You know that?” Leeteuk said, in a calm voice.

“What?” Sehun asked.

Leeteuk nodded and said, “Go apologize to Jae Hee NOW.”

Sehun walked up to me and I backed up. “I… I…I’m sorry, Jae Heeyah… I didn’t mean to.. It’s just that-“

“I know,” I answered, “Now go and find unni.”

“Thanks, Jae Hee,” he said and gave me a hug. I hugged him back.

He started sniffing me. “What?” I asked.

“WHAT THE?! YOU DRANK CHOCOLATE BUBBLE TEA WITHOUT ME?!” he boomed.

“I’m sorry… Taeyeon unni bought it for me… Speaking of Taeyeon, GO NOW.”

“Arraseo, arraseo… Bye hyungs! And Jae Hee and Tae Hee!” he said, cheerfully.

“Bye!” we chorused.

 

3 more years went by, and now, I’m in my sophomore year. Sehun oppa and Taeyeon unni are getting married tomorrow. Taeyeon unni is about 5 years older which is funny because Sehun oppa calls her “Yeobbo Noona.” I guess my player pokerfaced brother is healed. Oh! And guess what?! After he and Taeyeon got together again, he started smiling a lot. I mean, A LOT A LOT. Hehe ^^ Sehun oppa is the best!