☼28

YAH, THAT WOMAN!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woohyun’s POV

 

“Why are you still doing this? Shouldn’t you actually tell them you got a part time job instead of lying to them at least? They could help, you know.” I frowned, placing a hand on Su Kyung's shoulder. Why are you placing so much time on Baekhyun? Can’t you see that I’m burning up with jealousy? You’re spending your time and effort on just a measly birthday present for this guy. What can I do to make you act like that towards me? I know he’s your good friend, but until when will you be able to care for me like you do with Baekhyun? I understand since we’ve only been friends for two days. I understand that you wouldn’t feel the same way about me as I do to you in such a short amount of time. What can I say? I’m a fool in love.

 

“I would. I mean, I seriously would, but those EXO-K boys don’t know how to keep a secret. All those eye wiggling and giggling they do will make it too obvious and make Baekhyun get suspicious.” Su Kyung shrugged her shoulders. “But as for Ji Eun, don’t worry. I’m planning on telling her soon enough. I’m her best friend after all and best friends don’t keep secrets from each other,” she smiled, kicking her feet. Of course. I knew from the beginning that you were a sweet and loyal girl. You wouldn’t betray anyone’s trust without a good reason. One of the many traits that I fell for.

 

“When’s his birthday?”

 

“May 6th. It’s close isn’t it?”

 

I nodded. “Yeah, it is. It’s only about a month until his birthday....” I fiddled my fingers together awkwardly, looking quite disappointed but before she could notice my expression, I changed it. You guys can’t blame me for feeling jealous, can you? It would be weird if I wasn’t jealous. “But puppy, you didn’t get me anything for my birthday!” I pouted, lip bursting out.

 

She smiled and nodded. "I'll get it next year oppa, I promise. And I never break my promises." I know you wouldn't because sometimes, I know you're too nice of a person. But what you don't know is sometimes being too nice will hurt you eventually.

 

"Thank you puppy, hopefully I'll still be able to be by your side when my birthday comes around." I smiled sorrowfully.

 

"Oppa, what do you mean? I'm not going anywhere. Do you mean that you'll gonna leave soon?!" she stared wide eyed at me. Why is this girl so innocent looking? How is she making me feel like this when no other girl can. I have only known her for two days after all...

 

"No, I won't leave you." I flashed another fake smile. But the thing is, it'll be you that we leave me eventually. I have a feeling that eventually you will leave me for Baekhyun in the future. But that idiot doesn't realize his own feelings clearly. He hasn't realized it but it's so obvious in everyone's eyes including Ji Eun's that he has fallen for Su Kyung. I don't get why but he still doesn't realize it. Is it denial? Or is it just pure ignorance?

 

But for me isn't this a sign that fate is giving me one chance to steal her heart while Baekhyun is still confused of his feelings?

 

"Yoo-hoo, Namstar, are you there?" she waved a hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my trance.

 

"Namstar?" I scrunched up my nose. How'd she know what my nickname was?

 

"Yeah, I heard it from your friends. Namstar oppa, huh? Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?" she smiled her famous eye smile. "Think of this as payback for the puppy name you have for me." she stuck out her tongue in the most adorable way possible.

 

This made up my mind. I'm not going to let her slip through my fingers without a fight. I'm going to make her fall for me. I'm going to treat her right and show that she's the only one for me and I deserve her. I'm not backing down without a fight. I'm not giving her up to you so easily, Byun Baekhyun so be prepared...

 

I stood up and stood in front of her, extending a hand out.

 

"Come on, we're going to be late for first period. We don't want to be stuck in detention with the hulk teacher." I smiled, motioning for her to take my hand.

 

"Oh ok." Without any hesitation, she slipped her hand into mine. But when she stood up, she had tried to slip out of my hand. I didn't let her.

 

Su Kyung scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion when she looked at me, gesturing to our linked hands.

 

"I don't want you to get lost, puppy. I don't have a leash so I have to hold your hand." I mentally faced myself for that stupid excuse. Nice Woohyun, you just made a fool of yourself AGAIN.

 

But fortunately, she smiled and chuckled a bit.

 

"Whatever you say, oppa," she continued to grin and walked hand in hand with me. My grin couldn't get any wider. Her hand fit perfectly in mine. It felt like they were made for each other.

 

“Oppa, you promise you won’t tell anyone right?” she asked, swaying our hands back and forth. People by now were staring and pointing us, but we didn’t care. I don’t care about those people right now. All I can see is Su Kyung and Su Kyung alone.

 

“I’ve already promised you, ok? I also keep my promises till the very end,” I smiled back and pinched her cheek with my free hand.

 

“Ok then. But please don’t tell anyone. That’ll ruin the big surprise and plus we’re having a surprise birthday party for him on his birthday.” And there it was. The usual jealous stinging of my heart. Baekhyun is such a lucky guy to have a great friend like her.

 

“So this is a secret between you, me, and Ji Eun. Got it Namstar?” she cheekily smiled. Aish, this girl is really…

 

“Neh~ And it’s Namstar OPPA to you, missie,” I pinched her nose while she made a face. We both laughed.

 

As we approached the classroom, I could already spot my cousin already whining to Baekhyun who looked very uncomfortable and annoyed. Sorry bro, but you’ll have to put up with it. Minah never gives up.

 

But Baekhyun glanced our way. His eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. Surprised seeing us, huh buddy? His eyes travelled from our faces and down to our still interlinked hands. In an instant, his expression changed from confusion to anger and jealousy. Oh Baekhyun, when will you realize how you feel towards her?

 

From the corner of my eye, I saw Su Kyung wave to him. His frustration instantly disappeared as he smiled and waved back energetically.

 

“Oppa, let’s go sit down,” she pulled me along and I couldn’t help but to give Baekhyun a smug look. His eye twitched. Heh, sorry buddy, but if you don’t pull yourself together, I really will steal her away. I warned you before too. Once she chooses me, I will never let go. No more childish games Byun Baekhyun, the real battle has just started and I’m determined to win.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

Minah as normal was still bothering me with her aegyo. I mean, she isn’t ugly or disgusting or anything. Definitely not. She is gorgeous, I admit it. And I swear, I’ve seen her on the cover on some fashion or makeup magazines. But like Kai said before, everything screams desperate about her. She obviously likes me or is pretending to like me to lure me in to her trap. A lot of queenkas have tried before, but they all failed. So what makes Minah special? That’s right. Nothing. Eventually, she’ll give up and move on. At least I hope.

 

“Oppa, you sit with me at lunch today? I can introduce you to my new friends! They treated me really well yesterday and I want to introduce you to them. Look, there’s one of them now!” she pointed to Somin who looked our way and secretly waved me a flirty wink and wave. Good friend? Yeah, sure. A good friend makes her other friends carry her stuff and buys stuff for her. *Insert sarcasm here*

 

So tried tuning her out with trying to do my math homework. And it surprisingly worked. Yes, I am indeed studying math. I know, but that woman will nag me if I don’t do it. By the way, where is she? Has she been with that Woohyun guy this whole entire time now? It’s been half an hour. What could they possible talk about for that long?

 

And on cue, they entered the classroom. TOGETHER. Ok, that was normal. No big deal. But then I saw their hands. THEY WERE HOLDING EACH OTHER’S HANDS. I felt a surge of anger come to me. Why in the world are they holding hands? They’re just friends or was the talk they had about…. No, impossible. They only knew each other for two days. Su Kyung wouldn’t trust someone that easily. She liked to date guys that she had known for a good amount of time. There’s no way that she would go out with someone that she hadn’t even known for less than 24 hours.

 

But I got even more irritated when that Woohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter