Part II

➤ KIYOMI PLAYER

 

Of all times for Yixing’s stomach to growl, it had to pick right now when he was in front of the greatest man he had ever worshipped (never mind that he was the only man Yixing ever idolised). He ducked his reddening face when Kris looked at him but his head immediately jerked back up when he heard it again.

 

Kris’s laugh.

 

“Are you hungry?” Kris asked in amusement as he held the door open for Yixing to enter. Yixing watched as Kris tossed his wallet and phone into a clear glass dish on top of the shoe cabinet, then flicked his eyes back at the celebrity.

 

“Um. A little. But it’s okay.”

 

The tall male shook his head and gestured for the living room. “Make yourself comfortable. I’ll cook you something,” he murmured, looking oddly satisfied at himself for making the offer. Yixing’s eyebrows shot up behind his side-swept bangs because 1) god, he was going to taste Kris Wu’s very own cooking; 2) Kris Wu was being way too nice than what the rumors say about him.

 

It also hit Yixing that he was actually in Kris’s apartment where no fan had ever been before. Today must be his lucky day. His eyes rounded as he tried to take in as much as possible and commit the place to memory while his fingers itched like mad to pick up his video camera to record his surroundings. Never mind the aegyo mission, if he showed KRISmatics how Kris Wu lived, they were going to worship him.

 

Only problem was, Yixing did not want to risk Kris kicking him out.

 

Sighing to himself at this lost opportunity, Yixing padded over to the kitchen where Kris was making what smelled like ramyun. He was dying to stand next to Kris and keep that distance between them as minimal as possible but Yixing made himself stay at the doorway where he stole glances at the celebrity.

 

“You can cook?” he blurted out, mentally hitting himself on the head. Duh. Of course he could cook. That was what he was doing right now.

 

Kris shrugged casually as if Yixing’s innocent question was making him embarrassed at his own accomplishment. “Yeah I can cook this and that,” he drawled. “But my housekeeper hasn’t stocked up my refrigerator so… ramyun’s all I can make for now. You don’t mind, do you?”

 

Yixing shook his head fervently. “Of course not! I’ll be happy to eat anything,” he said cheerfully.

 

Minutes later, Yixing came to the realisation that Kris really could not cook. He his suddenly dry lips at the pot of steaming hot soggy noodles and the splash of yellow that was evidently an egg yolk that had broken.  Plus that smell. Was that cheese?

 

He hesitantly dug into the ramyun and struggled to control his facial expression when pudgy yellow strands of noodles appeared at the end of his chopsticks. Which poor soul ever told Kris Wu that he could cook!?

 

Probably poor souls like him.

 

“How does it taste?” Kris asked him eagerly.

 

He slowly swallowed the noodles and took a sip of the ramyun soup. Okay… it wasn’t too bad. He wasn’t likely to die if he ate this.

 

“Good!” Yixing beamed, hoping that he was a better actor than he normally was in front of his parents. He lowered his head to slurp up the noodles, sneaking a glance at Kris, who looked awfully pleased with himself.

 

“I’m Yifan by the way. What’s your name?”

 

“Yixing!”

 

Talking to Kris was much easier than Yixing had thought. He wondered what the celebrity’s reaction would be if he told him he was kraying4u in his fan café but decided against it. The last thing Yixing wanted now was for Kris to think he was stalking him (which he was) when they were spending such a nice time together.

 

“Do you think I look awful when I smile?” Kris suddenly asked and pasted a wide smile on his face.

 

Yixing took a quick glance and promptly choked on his noodles, his jaw dropping at the image he had only been able to see on a computer screen, on one photo out of the thousands that had been taken of Kris Wu. He started coughing so hard he didn’t even notice the corners of Kris’s lips turned downwards into an upset frown.

 

“Guess my CEO was right after all,” Kris muttered under his breath sullenly. “I should leave the smiling to Luhan.”

 

“Why!?” Yixing blurted out, thumping his chest hard in an attempt to stop coughing. He blinked his wide eyes at Kris. “You look good smiling. You should smile more!” He gulped inwardly when Kris directed another smile at him. Even when the smile wasn’t at its full force, it still had the ability to make Yixing forget how to breathe.

 

“It’s just–” A sigh left Kris’s lips. “Don’t freak out but I’m actually a celebrity okay?” (Yixing made an immense effort to keep a straight face.) “I debuted with the dark and mysterious concept… it’s been 3 years but I still have to stick by it. My CEO says I look awful when I smile.”

 

Yixing gripped the glass of water offered to him tightly to prevent himself from flinging it in a flash of anger. Was the CEO crazy!?!? He had half a mind to gather the fans and storm into Kris’s agency to strangle that man.

 

“That’s ridiculous!” he snapped in frustration, “I bet you can break hearts with that smile. Your CEO doesn’t know what he’s talking about.” Yixing swallowed the glass of water in one gulp but the cool liquid could not calm his fiery temper.

 

Speechless at his outburst, Kris blinked at him and, after a beat, burst out in laughter. “Really? So if I do aegyo, people will pass out?” he teased and as if to test his theory, he brought his fist up and curled it against his cheek. “Bbuing bbuing?”

 

Yixing in a sharp intake of breath, eyes opened so large they could take over his entire face.  What. In. The. World. Did. He. Just. Witness.

 

ASDFGHJKLQWERTYUIOPZXCNM~!$%#^@$^ (If he was on his laptop now, he would be key smashing that for an hour.)

 

WHY DIDN’T HE TURN ON HIS VIDEO CAMERA.

 

WHY.

 

WHY.

 

WHY.

 

He wanted to cry now.

 

Yixing flopped onto the table, head buried in his arms in a pathetic whimper.

 

“… No aegyo then?” Kris’s voice floated in concern into his ears. He prodded Yixing’s leg with his foot. “Is it so bad it makes you want to faint?”

 

Yixing’s reply was an incoherent mumble.  

 

***

 

Kris’s aegyo was still fresh in Yixing’s mind when he reluctantly left the celebrity’s apartment with a lie that his friend has ditched him. He whimpered to himself, sounding very much like a dying kitten, and whacked the side of his head.

 

He probably would have hit himself a bit more if his phone didn’t vibrate in his pocket.

 

From: Kris

Hi Lay. Haven’t heard from you for a while. How are you?

 

He nearly dropped his phone. Kris never texted his fans first. He had always been the one who sent texts to him and the idol would reply him whenever he had the time. Did he find out the person hiding out in his apartment was Lay??

 

To: Kris

Hi! ^^ Sorry I didn’t text… The fanclub’s been busy with electing a new president.

 

The next reply came a couple of worrying minutes later.

 

From: Kris

I see. Minnie left?

 

To: Kris

Yes…

 

From: Kris

I hope you get the position then. :)

 

Yixing sighed to himself as he jabbed his pass code to the door. Poor Kris was probably upset but trying not to show it. If only he could do something to cheer him up.

 

Exhausted from standing below Kris’s apartment for 6 hours, Yixing yawned loudly and rubbed his eyes, flopping onto the couch when he crashed on something hard and toppled over to the floor.

 

“YAH, OUCH,” the voice on the couch yelped. Yixing opened an eye and peered at the figure that was obviously Luhan occupying his entire couch on his stomach.

 

“Why are you here again? You have a penthouse to return to,” grumbled Yixing, smacking his best friend’s hard but was too tired to pull him away so he sat on the floor and rested his head on Luhan’s hip.

 

“You complain now, but wait till you see what I got you.” Luhan pulled out a piece of paper from his back pocket and waved it in Yixing’s face. “All-access pass to Jiangsu’s All Star Concert.”

 

Yixing perked up, suddenly not feeling very sleepy anymore. The All Star Concert had been sold out within 3 minutes when tickets went up for sale a few months ago because it featured 7 well-known singers. Yixing had been dying to go to the concert because, lo and behold, Kris was one of the performers.  

 

But hold on.

 

“What’s the catch?” he asked warily.

 

Widening his grin, Luhan stuffed the ticket into Yixing’s hand and pointed at the words. “I wouldn’t exactly call it a catch,” he said innocently, “You just have to sit in my section.”

 

***

 

Reasons why Yixing did not like sitting amongst Luhan’s fans

1. They liked to scream. A lot. While waving pink lightsticks.

2. They discussed, very graphically, about their fantasies of getting into his best friend’s pants.

3. They dissed Kris and KRISmatics with very childish reasons like how Kris’s new hair made him look like a high schooler (excuse you, Kris looked good in any hairstyle) and how he wore his pants too tightly (now that was just stupid – who didn’t like tight pants?!).

 

Needless to say Yixing had garnered several glares in his section when he stood up during Kris’s performance, waving his A3 fanboard and shouting along the fanchants with the KRISmatics sitting two blocks away.

 

Two hours – and seven hundred and seventy-six “accidental” smacks to his shoulders from the girls behind – later, Yixing delightedly waved his all-access pass to the guard and was allowed backstage. He rubbed his sore arms as he poked his head into the rooms to look for Luhan. After all, his best friend deserved a congratulatory whack for getting him a backstage pass (plus Yixing needed to avenge his poor shoulders somehow).

 

Catching sight of Luhan laughing like his face was in danger of breaking, Yixing was about to make his way over when he heard Kris’s deep voice. Instantly, Yixing backtracked and paused outside the door with the huge KRIS WU label, peeping through the gap.

 

“Do you think I’m cute?” Kris was whining endearingly to his stylist.

 

At the risk of looking like a creep, an inner voice in Yixing’s head told him to take his phone out. Yixing zoomed the camera lens into the celebrity’s face as he started recording a video, quickly pressing his lips together and swallowed another one of those whimpers at what was happening in front of his eyes.

 

“Il deohagi ireum kiyomi,” Kris sang laughingly as he held up his index fingers and poked his own cheeks.

 

“I deohagi ineun kiyomi.” Two fingers on each hand crooked at the top of his head in a ‘bunny’ pose.

 

“Sam deohagi sameun kiyomi,” Kris continued, waving circles of three in front of his eyes.

 

“Sa deohagi saneun kiyomi.” He fluttered four fingers under his chin.

 

“O deohagi oneun kiyomi.” Kris widened his eyes and blinked at the stylist with his hands in a V pose beneath his jaw.

 

“Yuk deohagi yugeun kiyomi~~” crooned Kris, kissing the tips of his fingers and winking at the end of it.

 

By now Yixing was about to lose control of his wobbly legs. HOW DID SUCH AN ADORABLE PERSON EXIST IN THIS WORLD?! Gulping mouthfuls of air shakily, he clicked the ‘upload’ button on the video just before Luhan came over. Luhan was asking him something but an overwhelmed Yixing was unable to process his question.

 

He held onto Luhan to support his own weight before he could collapse from his unsteady legs and buried his face into Luhan’s shoulder. “I am forever in your debt,” mumbled Yixing into Luhan’s neck. “I couldn’t have completed my mission without your backstage pass. You are seriously—”

 

“Yixing?”

 

Said person detached himself from Luhan’s neck and looked up to see Kris staring at him with an unreadable expression. He released Luhan and jerked away from him in shock, cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Yixing’s mouth opened and closed but no words came out of it. Luhan scowled at his reaction and shot Kris a glare while wrapping a protective arm around Yixing’s shoulders.

 

I invited him,” Luhan told Kris flatly. “He came here to see me. Don’t misunderstand.”

 

Rude. Yixing frowned at Luhan and was finally about to say something when a loud voice boomed inside the room Kris came out from. An older man whom Yixing recognised as Kris’s manager stormed out, waving his phone irately where a video was playing.

 

Kris’s Kiyomi Player.

 

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?”


A/N: Wow I don't even know what I wrote. ><

If you don't know how the Kiyomi Player looks like, check out Sehun's version here.