Touch

Sweet Dream

 

"You don't know me. So how can you say something like that?"
 
Hyuna shrugged his hands away and distanced herself. 
 
"You're Jang Hyunseung. Mid-fielder on the school's soccer team. You, Yoon Dujun, Yong Junhyung, Yang Yoseob, Lee Kikwang, and Son Dongwoon are considered the school's royalty. You are currently dating head cheerleader Jung Eunji. You're considered as the cold one along with Yong Junhyung in the group. Which explains why you two are so close that some professors think you're both gay."
 
"How do you know all this?" Hyunseung stood amazed. 
 
"You and Eunji started dating after last year's homecoming game. You're a top student and almost every girl in the school wants to date you. You live with your parents and your younger sister. So do you still think that I don't know you?" Hyuna finished as she began to walk away from him, walking towards the blackboard to wash it. 
 
Hyunseung stunned for awhile turned rapidly and continued to follow Hyuna. 
 
"All the things you just said are facts that yes I acknowledge are true. But you don't know the kind of person I am. The real me, not facts!" 
 
Hyuna continued dragging the wet sponge across the board as she heard Hyunseung rant. 
 
"Bottom line is that with what I just told you qualifies you as someone who is popular, which should be self explanatory as to why you wouldn't even talk to me in the first place. So again I ask why are you doing it!" Hyuna whipped around to face him and threw the sponge on the ground. 
 
Hyunseung however looked at her with a blank expression before looking away. He simply took a few steps back and made his way towards the closest desk. He quietly sat himself down and positioned himself as he was ready to learn something. 
 
"What are you doing?" Hyuna asked confused. 
 
"You say that a guy like me isn't allowed to talk to you. Now even though I don't exactly understand why with the reasons you gave me, I want you to teach me the real reason why can't I?" 
 
Hyuna was getting furious with every passing minute. She tightly clenched her fists and slammed it on the blackboard behind her. 
 
"Why are you doing this to me!?!"
 
Hyunseung however remained unfazed as he simply held his stare. 
 
"I'm waiting." He replied. 
 
"Don't you act like you've never heard about me!"
 
"I haven't. All I know is that you're Kim Hyuna. A girl who is in my class, apparently has low self esteem, likes to read books and visits the graveyard before school, even though I don't know why."
 
At the mention of the graveyard, Hyuna froze. He has seen her at the graveyard yet he claims to not know why. 
 
"You really don't know do you?"
 
Hyunseung innocently shook his head as he waited for her to explain. 
 
"Many years ago, my parents and I were coming back from visiting my family in Busan. It was really late and it was raining but we had to be back in Seoul cause papa worked in the morning, so we couldn't wait out the bad weather. As we were driving past an intersection, a drunk driver didn't see the red light and crashed right into us. The impact was so great that our car flipped over. I don't know how but I flew out of the car and landed on the rode. I still have the scars from the impact." She stated as she began to point to her shoulders, lower back, and elbows. 
 
"At the moment I didn't feel anything. I just remembered rushing towards my parent's in the flipped over car a good distance away from me. But as I made it halfway, the unexpected happened. The car bursted into flames. I lost my parents that night and took on the identity of the girl who survived the unsurvivable." She finished as tears began to flow down. 
 
"Kids at school found out and I began to get bullied and teased. I was told things like "you weren't good enough so God didn't wanna a freak like you in heaven". I was even accused of killing my parents since only I survived. This reputation has continued up till now. That's why I avoid everyone but I'm at my brink and I don't think I can take anymore. Sometimes I wonder if things would be better if I were dead." She bowed her head and continued to cry. 
 
Hyunseung merely lifted himself from the desk and walked towards her. Standing before her, he called her attention. 
 
"Hyuna look at me." 
 
She lifted her head to look him in the eyes. 
 
"The kids of this school are idiots. This is why I don't pay attention to what they say or the rumors that go around because I can give a about it." 
 
He then reached out for her arm and pulled her into his embrace. He hugged her tightly. 
 
"I'm sorry you had to go through all that. But you're not alone anymore, I'll personally make sure that you'll never have to go through that again. I'm here for you now. Please forgive me for being a little late." 
 
Through his touch Hyuna suddenly knew that from now on things were going to be different. For the better.
_______________________________________________________
 
Sorry for not updating yesterday guys, my power went out and I didn't get back till recently -.- Hope you enjoyed the chapter along with the rest of the story! AlX out