1/2 Contracts and Promises.

Imprisoned by a Promise

 

 

 

 




The night was deep, the moon taking a peek behind a huge formed cloud. Yongguk was staring at it with pure boredom. His legs swinging back and forth as he sits on a branch from an overlarge tree somewhere in the temple. The stars never fails to amuse the staring man, every twinkle of it becomes more and more radiant as time pass by.

He was bored, utterly bored. He turned to his side and saw the scratches he did on the huge bark of the tree. The whole side of it was already scratched by himself it was the scratches he did for how many times he had already accepted the fact that he’s bored. He’s a demon, a real demon, but not the mainstream ones.

Heavens’ didn’t forsake him, Hell didn’t throw him out, he was a demon standing between the line of being a bad one or a good one. He enjoyed the peace from that but as time pass by he grew bored because of it, being in the neutral side lacks some power, was what he said.

Since when was the last time a human entered his territory? He asked himself as he stares at then wide horizon separating the earth and the heavens, it was filled with trees though. He shook his head in surprise when he heard soft noise below him. His eyes slowly turning into a deep shade of green, he saw a young kid below him, lost?

He hopped off from the branch, a heck of feet from the ground. In mid air his clothes were suddenly became a huge ball of fire, burning every bit of fabric in it. Before hitting the land, his body was now clothed with a much refined clothes, A white longsleeve tightly hugging his skin, a pair of black slacks with a black shoe and a black vest on his white long sleeves, a top hat and a black cane.

If one can see his appearance, one can mistake him as someone from the past, from England maybe?

When Yongguk finally landed with both of his feet and his cane on the ground, the kid raised his head. Yongguk flashed out his wide gummy smile expecting a bit warm greeting from the kid but much to his dismay it was exactly the opposite. The kid shrieked all the air from his lungs before crawling backwards. It crawled and crawled until his back finally hit a tree. Fear was really evident on his face, sweat on his forehead and red puffy cheeks, lips quivering and breathing irregular.

Yongguk let out a deep long laugh. He held out a hand towards the kid imposing him to stand up and take it. The kid reluctantly took it he was really nervous seeing another ‘human’ deep inside the woods, he was shook a bit when the elder suddenly pulled him harshly from the ground and put him to his feet. The kid quickly took his hand from him and hid it behind him. “W-who are you?” His voice was shaking.

Yongguk leaned till their eyes meet. He was amazed by how innocent the kid looks. He’s clear big eyes were completely alluring, his red puffy cheeks – which he saw when the moonlight hits them- gives a very innocent and fragile image of him. Yongguk pat his head before ruffling his hair. The kid closed his eyes as he felt those warm manly hands on his hair, because of that action Yongguk once again laughed.

“What are you doing here, little one?” He asked before leaning back to stand straight again. He reached out for the kid’s hand but the kid only took a step backwards. Yongguk took his hand a bit forceful and held it. “Don’t be afraid, now tell me why you’re here,” He raised his head and looked sideways before returning it back to the kid. “Alone.” He continued.

The kid nibbled his bottom lip before answering. “I want to play, but no one wants to play with me so I ran away.” He confessed, he tiptoed his foot and started making small circles with it. Yongguk smiled once again, he couldn’t even remember the last time a human came towards his forest. “Do you want to come with me?” He asked. The kid looked at him with eyes so wide blinking at every second. “I won’t eat you, I’m a nice ajussi.” He said. The kid continued blinking before a smile swept the frown away from his face. Yongguk ushered him, with their hands completely locked with each other, towards the deeper parts of the forest after the kid nodded.

Yongguk didn’t stop talking along the way, he was blabbering about the coolness of their destination and it had really clawed the attention of the kid. The kid was nodding with his eyes glimmering in excitement as Yongguk continued his story. The night was long, or maybe it just stopped? The black night was now painted in a very dark shade of purple. The moon became unusually blue, the clouds disappeared which only made the stars shine more. The trees were waving side by side as if it was welcoming the two figures deeper inside. It was a fantastic sight, for a kid.

After an hour amount of walk, Yongguk finally stopped in front of a rundown temple, his temple. “Ajussi, what is this place?” The kid asked after tugging the sides of Yongguk’s slacks. The guy only grinned before ruffling his hair. “What is your name? I forgot to ask you along the way.” He once again leaned till eye level, waiting for the kid to answer. “Kyungsoo! Do Kyungsoo!!” He beamed like a concentrated ball of energy. “Oh Kyungsoo, this is the entrance of the place I’m talking about, you will surely gonna have fun here, let’s go.” He said before taking his whole body and lifted up before placing the small kid on top of his shoulders. Kyungsoo accidentally knocked the top hat away, he slightly panicked afraid that the ajussi might scold him, but all Yongguk did was to smile to make the kid calm down. Without being asked, Kyungsoo circled his small arms around Yongguk’s forehead, supporting his weight while Yongguk grab the kid by the sides. With that, Yongguk entered the establishment.

With a bright flash of light, Yongguk entered a place that’s really different from the place they came from. The trees disappeared and were replaced by towering light poles of different sizes and colors. The kid on him gasp in astonishment and started struggling out of Yongguk’s grasp. He let the kid down and as soon as his foot finally touched the ground Kyungsoo started running in different directions.

Yongguk laughed softly at the sight, it’s been a while since he last saw a kid like this, so giddy and energetic, if only the natives didn’t forgot to visit him, he wouldn’t be this so lonely. He followed the kid, who was currently running to all the holes and ways he can see, with a steady speed his cane tapping the boxed tiles beneath him. After a few runs, Kyungsoo came back quite exhausted, sweat was all over his face. “A-ajussi!! This is awesome!! I saw horses, and and bumper cars! And horror house and a biiiiig boat!” Kyungsoo said was his breath was huffing and puffing.

“I know and we can both play here for free!” Yongguk beamed but not as equal as what Kyungsoo did. Kyungsoo’s eyes shined brighter than earlier. He took the elder’s hand and dragged him towards the carousel. When they finally arrived there the entrance was locked, Kyungsoo literally went mad getting the locks open but it didn’t. In the end he came back to Yongguk’s hands crying. Yongguk laughed because of it, he went to the same lock and with a small tap using his cane, the locks suddenly disappeared and so as the gate. Kyungsoo beamed as he ran towards a horse.

After a long almost endless ride, Yongguk was being dragged towards a photo booth. As soon as they settled with their own cute poses (which was Yongguk refused to do but was beaten by Kyungsoo’s aegyo and was forced to do one) succeeding flashes from the camera took those sweet moments.

Kyungsoo was really exhausted after all the rides they rode. Yongguk carried him towards a hill overlooking the carnival. The rides were still open, the majestic boat was still rocking even though no one was riding it, the carousel kept on spinning without anyone using it, all of the rides are still full of energy and life while the kid inside Yongguk’s arms was sleepy and mumbling. “Ajussi, I didn’t saw any people around here.” He murmured.

Yongguk was taken aback by his question, he didn’t expect a 6 year old one to ask that. “Well, they all left me, they grew bored going here and abandoned me all by myself.” He said, it was a sad statement but no sadness was evident on his voice. Kyungsoo looked north, towards the face of the Ajussi. He poked his cheeks to take his attention. “But … isn’t it very lonely being alone? Why don’t you go to my house! Let’s play there!” He beamed but still tired. “I can’t …. I want to, but I can’t.” was the only thing Yongguk said.

Few more minutes of staring at the carnival below them, Kyungsoo once again took Yongguk’s attention. “Ajussi, I’m tired now, I want to go home.” He whispered softly, a yawn escaped from his lips. Yongguk slowly frowned from that statement. “That’s what they said before they left me, are you really tired? Can’t you at least spend more time here before you go?” Yongguk somehow asked. “Are you going to abandon me too?” He continued.

Kyungsoo shook his head vigorously. He jolted away from Yongguk’s hug and faced him. “I WILL NEVER ABANDON AJUSSI!!! I WILL COME BACK HERE AGAIN I PROMISE!” He shouted. Yongguk was amazed by his sudden outburst. Kyungsoo was really different from the other strangers that went inside the temple’s secret carnival. “Promise?” Yongguk kneeled once again, and stuck his pinky out. Kyungsoo took it with his own pinky and curled it around. “I promise Ajussi, I will play with Ajussi again!” He beamed before swaying the linked fingers sideways.

Farewells were bid, Kyungsoo was now walking back towards his own place as Yongguk watch him from afar, from a very large tree. “Kyungsoo, I value contracts and promises more than my life, I will wait for your return, Do Kyungsoo.” He murmured and slowly disappeared into a black patch of night.

 

 

 




 

 

 

*The next update would be the last and Kyungsoo will be around 18 years old.