Chapter 2

Remembering Romeo

 

We all walked back to class when lunch was over.

I sat down at my desk and smirked at Woohyun.

“How's your face? I heard rice masks are good for your skin too. Maybe you can actually look decent.”

He just looked at me and smiled.

My face turned serious. He did something...

“Okay class. Turn to page 79.” the teacher said.

I tried to turn around about I couldn't. It was like my wouldn't move.

I looked at Woohyun. “You didn't...”

I stood up and the chair was stuck to my .

“NAM WOOHYUN!” I screamed.

He couldn't keep in his laughter.

The whole class chuckled at my situation.

“Please get that chair off of your bottom.” the teacher said.

“He glued my to the chair!” I pointed to Woohyun.

“Technically I glued the chair to your .” he said.

“Shut the up!”

“A week's detention for cursing!” the teacher yelled and pointed his ruler at me.

“B-but! He--”

“A week's detention for you too Mr. Nam for your little prank.”

He shrugged. “Oh well. So worth it.”

“You're lucky I have an extra uniform skirt in my locker or else you'd be dead meat.” I glared at him before struggling to get out of the door.

 

“I hate you.” I muttered when I got back to my seat, which had a new chair.

“Oh, don't make me blush.”

I gave Woohyun the finger once the teacher turned around to write something on the board.

Everyone behind me started laughing silently.

“Okay for your next paper, I want you all to write about your childhood. Compare your childhood from how it was, to how it is now. I want 3 pages, 12 point font and double spaced.”

We all groaned.

My childhood?

I thought about my childhood, but it all drew a blank.

Was I even a child?

 

Finally it was my last class. My favorite class, music. I went to my locker and grabbed my composition book and started making my way to the music room.

I saw Woohyun coming my way. When he passed me, we glared at each other.

“Eff you.”

“Eff you too.”

I would've said the word but the principal was right there. I can't get anymore detentions. My mother already scolded me for the ones I got last week when I filled Woohyun's locker with water balloons for saying a yo mamma joke. Oh, sweet revenge. Cause no one talks about my mom. She's the one that brought me to this world.

 

“Okay class. Time to present your songs for a project grade. Who wants to go first?” our teacher asked and looked around for hands.

I raised mine. Psh, I got this.

“Hee Sun! Thank you for volunteering.”

I sat at the piano and started to play the song I wrote. I better get a good grade cause I spent all of my time on this song.

After I was done, the class clapped.

“96%! Great transitions and I like your use of crescendos.” my teacher complimented.

“Thank you!” I bowed and fist pumped when I sat down.

 

Music class went by too fast for my liking.

I groaned and tilted my head back once the school bell rang.

“What's wrong?” Sunny asked.

“Detention with today.” I sighed.

She laughed. “Why do you guys hate each other so much?”

“It was on my first day of Middle School...”

 

Flashback

“Seriously, why don't I remember you telling me about going to this school?” I asked my mom.

“Honey, I think you should stop drinking those energy drinks. They're killing your brain cells.”

“They're good! But really...it's a little strange.”

“Just go!” she pushed me out the door.

Once I turned around, I saw a guy staring at my house funny.

“Yah! What are you looking at?! Never seen a house before?!” I yelled at him.

He continued to stare. I shook my head and made my way to school.

 

Once I passed him on the sidewalk, I asked him, “Why do you keep staring at my house?”

He shrugged. “I don't know.”

I raised an eyebrow. “You're weird.”

“Yah, I'm not weird!”

“Yeah you are! You keep staring at my house! Creep! Are you a peeping tom?! I close my blinds just so you know!”

“I'm not a peeping tom! Stop making accusations you munchkin!” he retorted back.

“MUNCHKIN?!”

I looked at his name tag.

Nam Woohyun, First Year.

“We're the same age so shut up!” I yelled.

“YOU SHUT UP!”

“BRACEFACE!”

“OOMPA LOOMPA!”

End of Flashback

 

“So he was just there staring at your house?!”

“Yeah, so ever since then, we hated each other.”

“Does he still do that?” Sunny asked curiously.

I shook my head. “Well got to go to detention. See you tomorrow.”

“Bye!”

 

I dumped my school books into my locker. My bag got too heavy sometimes. And it's not I was going to study anyways. Studying is for...for...Woohyun's. Yeah, Woohyun's.

I walked into the classroom and Woohyun was already there. I glared at him and slumped into the closest seat by the door. We were the only ones in detention.

The teacher in charge of detention always fell asleep, so I could easily leave, but I don't want to risk getting suspended. My social life would be gone.

“You two, I'm going to the teachers lounge to get some food. Don't go anywhere.” the teacher said sternly and left.

 

30 minutes passed and he still didn't come back.

“Aish...” I muttered. “This school...”

Then I noticed something moving on my desk.

“AHHH!” I screamed. “STINK BUG!” [a/n omg I hate those things. They're EVERYWHERE.]

I shot up and ran to the back of the classroom.

Woohyun rolled his eyes. He stood up and flicked it. It flew out of the classroom.

“You know...they don't bite.” he told me and sat back down. “They just stink.”

 

----------

“Oppa! Get it! It's in my hair!”

“Hee Sunnie, you know...they don't bite. They just stink.”

“I don't care! Get it out!”

“Okay, okay.”

“Komawo oppa.”

“Your welcome.”

---------

 

I shook my head as I came back to reality.

“Ms. Bae. Are you okay?” the teacher and Woohyun were looking at me funny.

“What?”

“You've been staring at the ground for a couple for minutes.”

“O-oh...sorry. Just a little traumatized by the bug.”

“Maybe you should go home.” he suggested, worried.

I nodded and grabbed my bag.

That was weird...

 

=============

getting interesting... ;)