Chapter 3

Remembering Romeo

 

I rushed home and saw Kwanghee on the couch.

“Oppa, where's mom?”

“Kitchen.” he pointed. “You got detention again, didn't you?”

“Yeah.”

“Figures...”

I ignored him and ran to the kitchen.

“Mom!” I yelled.

“Hey honey. How was school?”

“Annoying. Anyways...” I sat on the counter top. “I have to do a paper on my childhood.”

I saw her tense up.

“I can't remember anything about my childhood. Tell me about it.”

“What do you want to know?”

“Anything. Tell me anything.”

“Go wash up. It's almost time for dinner.”

“B-but--”

“Get your bottom off of my counter, missy.”

I sighed and obeyed.

 

I walked into my room and threw my bag on the bed in frustration.

There has to be something that can help me remember my childhood. I rummaged through my closet and took out an old box. I always wondered what was inside, I just never got around to looking inside of it.

I opened the lid and took out a photo album. The cover said, “Sunnie and Namstar Memory Book'. There were hundreds of pictures of me and another kid but I don't remember him. Most of the pictures were of me and him at about 7 years old.

I made a face at my pictures. I was such an ugly kid. I had big, thick glasses, a short bowl cut, and a flat nose. Anyone could've thought I was a boy.

“Who are you?” I whispered, while looking at the boy next to me.

 

I noticed in the box there was a necklace. I picked it up and examined it. It was silver and it said the word 'Friends'. I quickly looked through the photo album to find a close up picture of me and the other kid. He had, 'Best'.

So we were best friends? How can I not remember him?

I put the necklace on, hoping it would help me remember him.

I continued to look through the album.

How come I only remember bits and pieces? How come I don't remember faces or places, but only voices?

This is getting weirder and weirder. I decided to not look at anymore pictures, so I closed the album and put it in a drawer where I could easily find it.

 

After I showered, I went downstairs for dinner. I heard my mom and brother talking.

“What? She asked you?”

“Yeah, she asked me about her childhood. I don't know what to tell her. I knew this was going to happen sometime.” my mom said.

“Mom, we can't tell her anything. If she finds out, she might turn out like how she was and we'd have to take her to the hospital again.”

Hospital?!

“I know...but I don't know what I'm supposed to say.”

“Just make something up...”

“Kwanghee-ah, this almost half of her life that we're keeping from her. I can't lie. But I'll try to avoid it.”

What are they keeping from me?

 

I woke up the next morning and got another ride from Dongho. I walked to class and sat my usual seat.

“Looking nerdy as usual today, Woohyun.” I said, without turning around.

“You too, ugly duckling.”

“At least on the inside I'm beautiful.” I snapped while I turned around to face him.

I saw his eyes lower.

I looked down and quickly buttoned up my shirt another button.

“Yah! ert!” and I pushed his head.

“Wait...where'd you get that necklace?” he asked.

“None of your business.” I said and turned back around to talk to CAP.

 

The school went by normal but I groaned in my head again as I realized I would have another detention with Woohyun.

I sat at the front desk closest by the window today so I could stare out the window when I'm bored.

The detention teacher left again today so I turned around to look at Woohyun who was busily doing his homework. I smirked and stood up. Might as well have some fun...

I slowly walked over to his desk. He looked up at me and pushed up his glasses.

I quickly grabbed his homework and ran around the room.

“Yah!” he screamed and stood up.

I made the gesture that I was going to rip it. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Don't you dare Bae Hee Sun!” he pointed at me while running towards me.

I squealed when he got closer and ran in between the desks. I tripped on a chair and fell to the ground.

“AH!” I screamed and clutched my knee. It hurt and it was bleeding.

“Gwenchana?! That was quite a fall...” he asked kneeling down.

“I'm fine...” I winced as I touched it.

Woohyun sighed and went to the first aid kit in the corner of the classroom. He got out a band aid and was kneeling down in front of me again.

He started to put the band aid on the cut.

“Pabo...hasn't your mother taught you to not take someone else's things?”

 

----------------------

“YAH! Give me back my blanky!”

“No way oppa! It's mine now! You took my teddy yesterday!”

“Give it~”

“AH!”

“Hee Sun! Are you okay?”

“No, I fell on my knee. Make it stop hurting!”

“I'll hug you forever and never let you go. Then it'll stop hurting in no time!”

“*crying*”

“*sigh* Pabo...hasn't your mom taught you to not take someone else's things?”

----------------------

 

I clutched my head as my 7 year-old crying echoed in my mind.

I opened my eyes and Woohyun was looking at me.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

I shook my head.

“I...need to go home.” I whispered, grabbed my bag and left.

 

I ran home. I don't care if I'll get in trouble with the teacher.

Everything is just getting weirder and weirder. Why do these random flashbacks keep popping up out of nowhere?

I clutched onto my head again as our voices were filling my ears.

I closed my eyes to try to calm myself down.

I heard a high pitch scream then I fell to the ground.

“Hee Sun?! Oh my god, call an ambulance!” was all I heard until my vision blurred and everything turned black.

 

===============

:O :O :O! OH NOOOOOOO~!~!~!