05. Again

Etched in a Memory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“C’mon unnie! We have to get a good place!” Hyemi said as she dragged you through the crowd. It was chaotic, students from different schools came. It was all too much to handle—you were so used to little noise that this sudden change of environment scared you. What if someone gets hurt? What if these fans get crushed because they’re rushing themselves to see the infamous B.A.P? What if—

“Unnie!” Hyemi called as she tugged you along. “I swear, if you keep blanking out, I’m leaving you all alone.” You gave her a concerned look and apologized, sticking close to her as she maneuvered her way through this labyrinth of people.

There was a fansign event in the university’s commons a day before the concert just to get everyone hyped up. You told Hyemi everything from the past. After she saw you constantly scanning the event posters, she finally set a time where she made you begin your explaining. For a hoobae, she sure knows how to manipulate you. It wasn’t much explaining, really; only that you knew Bang Yongguk before since he lived in the neighborhood you lived it. You guys only hung out every day under a tree—not much talking, just sitting and minding your own businesses. There were only a few times where the two of you actually had a full on conversation and that was always through you not being able to spill what you have from your brain onto paper or when he offers to buy you food.

“We have to go to the fansign then!” Hyemi said after the long flashback.

“I can’t, I have work,” you replied, massaging your temples. She rolled her eyes and placed a hand on top of yours. “Look, unnie, if you don’t do this now, you won’t be able to in, like, a billion of years!”

“I think you’re exaggerating now,” you laughed as you checked out a book to a student. “Here you go, it’s due on the 29th.” Hyemi waited patiently before she resumed to the conversation. “Unnie,” she mumbled. “Can you please just come with me?”

“I said no, Hyemi. That’s the end. No.”

“But—”

“No ‘buts’ or whatever it is. A no is a no.”

 

 

You don’t know what had gone through you for coming, last time you remembered you said no to Hyemi. The next thing you know you’re waiting in line, inching closer and closer to the stage where B.A.P sat. You placed a black mask over your mouth and light mint pastel beanie on your head, trying to hide as much as possible—three years have passed but you did not change a single bit.

“Do you have your CD?” Hyemi asked before she stepped up the stairs. You nodded and sighed. She lightly squeezed your hand and nodded in reassurance. She was right; there was nothing to worry about! He’s still the same Bang Yongguk as before, right? (You hoped so.) Maybe there is this tiny possibility that he forgot you from the busy schedule he ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter