First Encounter

First Encounter

 

Jongdae walked home after his classes at school. His steps were faster than his usual. All he wanted just get home; clean up, and sleep. He was too tired to do anything later.

He pushed his black framed spectacle up his nose and brushed his black jacket. He tripped on his own shoelace because he just walked as fast as he could and not care about it. He kneeled down to tie it when his eyes caught something behind him; someone’s feet.

 

=

 

You stopped on your track when the boy kneeled down to rie his shoelace. You bit your lips; trying not to make any noises. You followed him since he walked out from his school. You weren’t a stalker; for your information. You just attached to the boy who trying to tie his shoelace. You weren’t the type of a person who would like someone easily. But this boy, he caught you on the first day you met him; it was a year ago.

You were walking home from your school and saw the boy who stood silently –while kicked a rocks with his feet and waiting patiently in the bus stop. You were too starstrucked to move your body; even your lips. So, you just stood there and watch him everymoves. When the bus comes, you hurriedly went on the bus and that’s it, you follow him until his house. That’s what you were doing everyday after school for the past year.

You cupped your mouth with your hands as you saw him peeked behind; realising that someone was behind him. But to your surprise, he just sighed and stood up.

“Stupid tired brain! Don’t be tired, my brain! I still needs you!”, he talk to himself and hit his head while walking again.

You let out a soft chuckles at his childish and cute act. That’s one of the reason you like about him. He was a real gentleman around his family and girls; especialy the younger ones. He was really friendly; that’s why he got so many friends, from a nerd to a kingka, kids to elders; everyone knows him. And this side; he was so cute whenever he was alone and trying to blame himself for nothing.

He continued his way to home and stopped right in front of the gate with his hands already on it. He glanced at you without you noticed it and smiled. Honestly, he knew that you were always follow him to home, stood a few meters from his house and left when you sure he arrived home safely.

He opened the gate and walked to the door. Stopped once again, he whisperes, “Thank you for sending me home”, and opened the door. He closed the door silently and ran to the window; watching you walked away.

He saw you smiled and mumbled somthing before turning your body and dragged your feet away from his house. He felt something lost as he watch you. He placed his hands on his chest.

“You are pretty”, he whispered. Suddenly, he ran back to the door and did what he always doing after you turned your body from his house; following you back and sent you home too. He couldn’t let you walked home alone after you sent him home. You still a girl though.

 

“Good night. Sweet dream. Let’s meet again tomorrow. See you”, you said and smiled with your body faced Jongdae’s house. “Kim Jongdae”, you mumbled his name and turned your body to left. You knew his name from his friend who oncec called his name when you follow him home one day.

You walked home with a light steps. At first, you were scared that you walked home alone at this hour after you follow Jongdae home. But then, you started to feel safe; as if someone following you until you reached your home.

You opened the door of your house with a wide smile. “I’m home~”, you sang and your mom walked to you; hugging you.

“You follow him home again?”, she asked and you nodded your head; kissing her cheeks.

“He’s really handsome, eomma. You should see him!”, you cheered and rested your head on her shoulder.

“I will, sweety. Now, go wash up and sleep. It’s late already”, she patted your head and smiled; poked the tip of your nose.

“Alright, eomma!”, you beamed and ran to your room.

Your mom looked at the gate and smiled; watching the boy who always sent you home –Kim Jongdae. Yes, your mom know everything more than you do. She knew that the boy who always sent you home was Jongdae, the boy who you always following.

Jongdae smiled and bowed his head a little while your mom bowed back. She mouthed, “Go home, and thank you”, like she always did whenever Jongdae stood in front of your house.

Maybe, you felt like you knew everything about Jongdae, but no! You didn’t know one; the most important one. That he likes you; just like how you likes him, and he always sent you home and know that you always following him home.

 

=

 

You sat on the bench and crying. You just had a big fight with your older brother. You were too close to him until today, you and him were fighting over something small; you broke his favourite Girls’ Generation’s CD. He was mad at you; he yelled. That’s why you ran out your house and let your feet brought you here; park.

It was the park near Jongdae’s house. A small and abandoned park. No kids play here like in other parks out there.

You covered your face with your hands and crying; sobbing uncontrolably until you felt someone sat beside you.

“I know one girl who always stop crying when she get an ice cream”, the person said and an ice cream appeared in front of you.

You lifted you head up and saw the chocolate ice cream you loved the most, and while you brought your eyes along the arm of the person, you saw him. You widened your eyes as you saw him sitting really close to you, so close until you could smell his manly cologne mixed with his own natural scent; offering you your favourite ice cream. Kim Jongdae.

He smiled and placed the ice cream in your hands. “Stop crying and eat that ice cream. I give it free, so don’t worry”, he said. A few minutes ago, he saw you running and crying when he was about to go out to his friend’s house. So, he cancelled his promise and ran after you.

About the girl who like ice cream, it was you who he mentioned about. He knew that you likes ice creams; especially the chocolate ones because he once saw you bought it after following him.

“Stop crying. Girls didn’t look pretty when they are crying”, he said and once again, smiling at you.

You just looked at the ice cream in your hands; you didn’t dare to eat it because he was the one who gave it. You looked up at him and wiped your tears; didn’t want to let him saw your ugliest face. “T-Thank you”, you whispered.

“You’re welcome. You can tell me whatever your problems are. Just sit here, and I’ll be there everyday to wait for you”, he said before stood up and walked away. Just as soon as he out of your sight, he facepalmed himself.

“What are you saying, you stupid Jongdae!”, he hit his forehead with his palms. “You can tell me whatever your problems are; just sit here, and I’ll be there everyday to wait for you? what kind of nonsense it was?”

 

You looked at the ice cream in your hands again and smiled.

You promised. Thank you, Kim Jongdae”.

 

That’s it. The first time you could talk to him –face to face. Close to him; you even smelled his scent; his cologne and his natural one. The first time you faced him up close; until the promise of meeting again in this small park near his house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Okay, WHAT DID I JUST WRITE?? Really, this is just so so *cries*

 

Comments and Subscribe

The other Oneshots will be up later !