Pencil

Junhong and Ahyeon's Memory Book
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 memory one  
pencil
by ahyeon
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
________________________________________
I looked up once again at the boy in front of me. Well, more so, his head. He seemed as if he hadn't cared much for what the teacher was writing on the board, as I had watched his pencil leasurely go across his notebook.
 
That had made me notice something. I wasn't writing. I frantically looked for my pencil under my notebook, and scanned the floor for it with my head under the desk, when I got a tap on my shoulder. I shut my eyes tight and hoped that I wasn't about to be scolded by the teacher. I looked up. It was someone else. 
 
The boy I had been staring at was leaning on my desk. My eyes widened, and because of my clumsiness, I had hit my head on my desk. "Ow!" I squeaked, catching the attention of our classmates, and of course, the teacher.
 
"Mr. Choi, Miss. Seo, would you like to explain yourselves?"
 
His head turned to the teacher, and I stayed under my desk, hiding.
 
"I was only giving her the pencil she dropped, teacher."
 
"Sure you were, Mr. Choi. Both of you will clean the blackboard today."
 
I inwardly groaned. I sat up in my seat and 'Mr. Choi' handed me his pencil, not seeming very enthusiastic himself. The teacher began to write again as I incoherantly grumbled to myself. 
- - -
The last bell rang. That meant time to clean the blackboard. I sighed. I liked to clean, but I had plans to visit my friends in Kangnam. That's right. I had just moved, and knew no one, had no friends. But I was stuck there, leaving me less time with my friends. 
 
But then I saw 'Mr. Choi' getting up and he began to walk towards the board. I smiled. At least I was able to spend time with him. I happily skipped to the board.
 
He glanced at me. "Hi. What's your name, if you don't mind my asking?" His head was slightly cocked to the side.
 
A dorky smile was plastered onto my face. "Ahyeon. Yours?" The sides of his lips went up, showing a friendly smile. "I'm Junhong." I nodded, and began to clean the board. 
 
It was silent for a while, until I said, "Sorry for getting you in trouble." 
 
He shook his head. "It's okay, Ahyeon. Not like I had any urgent plans."
 
I frowned. I had urgent plans. 
 
We finally finished, and I got my bag and left quickly, well, almost.
 
"What's the rush?" Junhong called.
 
I didn't turn to him. "I'm going to meet my friends."
 
"Oh. Okay then. Bye."
 
"Bye." I said almost disapointedly and left.
 
As I walked out of the school, I looked around for my friends, who were supposed to come pick me up, but they seemed to not be there. At least I wasn't the one who was late. I got out my phone and texted one of them.
 
To: Jujin
 
Where are you guys?
 
From: Ahyeon
 
I put my phone back in my pocket. I heard a door close, and turned to see Junhong coming out of the school.
 
"Junhonggie!"
 
I jumped and looked around. There was a petite girl waving Junhong over.
 
I looked back at Junhong to see his reaction. He smiled and jogged to her. "Hyemi!" When he got to her, he put an arm around her shoulders and they walked over to a car as she bagan to ask him what took him so long. She seemed as though she didn' notice me. She must've been his girlfriend. She was lucky to have a boyfriend like him. I put my hands on my hips dramtically.
 
I felt my phone vibrate, snapping me out of my daze. I took it out of my pocket.
 
To: Ahyeon
 
We're here now. I see you. Look to your left. 
 
From: Jujin
 
I looked to my left, and saw Jujin waving. I walked over.
 
"Hey girllie! I missed you!" My other friend, Aecha cheerfully smiled. "Let's go." Jujin grinned.
 
I nodded. I was happy seeing them again. If only I could've had that guy as a boyfriend, I would've been set.
________________________________________
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 author's note
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
» how's the first chapter? no silent readers! >.<