Chapter 1

[DRABBLE]Remember.

JiYong's POV

"Chae! I've got good news~" I chimed as I interwined our hands as usual. "And that is?" she  asked. "I finally confessed!" I flailed my free hand lightly and twirled her around in happiness. "She accepted?" She had a smile on her face, yet she didn't glow as usual, maybe she was just tired? "SHE ACCEPTED!" I twirled her for a few more rounds. "Oh...congratulations.." her smile looks so forced, and small, I felt her fingers slip away from mine as she walked off. 

"Chae?" I asked, frozen in the spot, was she not happy that I finally found my true love? "Nothing, I'm just tired, see you.." She waved me off, her voice strained like when she was holding back sobs. "Are you crying?" I advanced towards her. "N-no.." She managed before she pushed open her gate. "I can hear it." I stated as she made her way to the front door. "I said no." were her last words before she bolted through the door and into her house.


I stared at my ceiling. Her bedroom window wasn't open. Why did she cry? She was probably too happy for me... I rolled over on my bed so I was facing her window fully. I could make out her shadow, balled up on her bed. She always did that when she wasn't feeling well. Is she sick? 

I threw crumpled essay papers at her window, pebbles I picked up on my way home every other day. "Yes oppa?" She opens her window and poke her head out of it, her eyes were puffy and red, her cheeks had tear stains. "Were you crying?" I asked, head out of my window as well. "Dry eyes," she muttered simply as she looked away. 

"Oh.." I looked down, everything suddenly seemed so awkward, since when did awkwardness invade our world again? Why did she suddenly feel so distant? "Oppa...Tonight, at 9pm.. See you at the usual place." She whispered before closing her window again. How important was it? 9pm was our code for a very inportant meeting. It hasn't been used since the last time, when Chae had this guy who stalked her everywhere and she needed help to get rid of him. Chae...how can you get so far away from me in just a matter of a few seconds? Did I say something wrong?


"Oppa.." She looked away, her voice was hollow. "Yes?" rain drops fell down and hit us square on the face. "I'm moving.." She whispered as her eyes darted away. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER?" I shouted at her. "I didn't want to ruin your mood," she stated matter-of-factly, which annoyed me more. "DAMN THIS ALL CHAE! THAT FEW HOURS YOU SPARED ME? I WAS CROWDED WITH QUESTIONS! YOUR ATTITUDE CHANGED!" I wasn't holding back. Liquid slid down her cheeks, I didn't know if it was the rain or her tears, and I didn't bother to. "I'm sorry." She mumbled. "That's all I get?" I looked down and my sneakers, trying to suppress my anger. "I figured it would be easier for you since you have a girlfriend to take my place now..." she sounded..so empty, like her soul had been ripped out of her. "So that's all I am? A guy without a girlfriend that you pity?" I shouted in her face and turned around, walking off.

"Ji.." She pleaded. I didn't need her pity. The friendship I treasured so much. Was sympathy? I scoffed at her, "I can't believe I treated you like my friend."  I felt a soft tug on my wrist. "Now what?" I scowled at her, whether she was crying or not now, it didn't matter. "I..I loved you." She let go of my wrist and ran off. I stood there, frozen still in the rain, watching her retreating figure, stumbling her way into a taxi and off she goes, away from me, out of my life. She's gone. Before I could come back to my senses, she was gone. My heart felt empty all of a sudden, when her taxi zoomed off into the dark. Come back, stay. Those words never left my throat...


*Years later*

Chae, where are you now? I broke up with her, and you weren't here to support me like you always were. I miss you. Please come back to me. "Thank you!" I heard the same giggle, I turned in that direction, a blonde girl stood where I'd expected you to be. "Would it be better if I brought you there? The campus is quite big after all.." SeungHyun hyung was talking to that girl who looks like you Chae, how I wish it was you. I really do. I want you to know I love you too. I'm sorry I didn't realise my feelings towards you earlier. I'm sorry I only realised when you were gone, and not around any longer. 

"Maybe you should, I tend to get lost easily." I heard her chuckle, she's not good at directions like you too Chae, her chuckle is the same as yours too. I walked past her to my locker, only to bump against her unconsciously. "Sorry.." I apologised and got back up, walking away. "He's been out of it lately." I heard SeungHyun hyung sigh as he explains. "Are you okay?" She taps me on the shoulder, I look up at her, she really is you Chae, only with blonde hair, but she doesn't recognize me. So she isn't you. How I wish she was you. "Chae..." I mumbled unconsciously as I stared. 

"Have we met before?" I saw her puzzled expression. "Chae..." I felt tears threathrning to fall. "How did you kno-" she was cut off by SeungHyun hyung, "Ji, snap out of it! ChaeRin left years ago! She's not ChaeRin!" he shook me roughly, eyes giving the girl apologetic glances. "Ji...?" I heard her whisper. "CHAERIN ISN'T GONE! SHE'LL COME BACK!" I struggled against SeungHyun hyung's grip, "I KNOW SHE WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE FOREVER!" "Ji! SHUT THE HELL UP!" SeungHyun hyung threw a punch across my face. That snapped me back to my senses. "Sorry, hyung," I mumbled and turned to her, "Sorry.." I bowed and said my apology, inquiring her name at the same time. "Lee ChaeRin." she smiled warmly at me..just like you. "Lee...Chae...Rin..." I echoed. "Chae..?" SeungHyun hyung's eyes widened, "You're back?" "What do you mean by that?" ChaeRin gave a puzzled look, her eyes reflected confusion.

She was still wearing that friendship ring I gave her. She's ChaeRin. Chae is infront of me, yet she doesn't remember me. Chae, was I...such a meaningless existence that you can forget so easily? "I'm sorry if I do know you from the past." she replied apologetically, I've lost part of my memory from an accident." Why of all memories, the one she shared with me? She waved us off and walked away. 

Was I that unimportant? Of all the dozens of memories you had. Only mine was lost. The years we spent together, were they so weak to be washed away by an accident? How can you not remember at least one part of us? Especially when you said you loved me...


A/N: ANNYEONG~ Here I present you a quite-sad ending..I don't know if I should do a sequel for this. Anyway, how was it? Did you survive? Pls leave comments ^^