The Happily Ever After...?

Cinderella Prince
T h e    H a p p i l y    E v e r    A f t e r . . . ?

 

Nine years knew, befriended and became Woohyun’s subordinate didn’t make Hoya understand how the brain of the older man worked. Woohyun always bright since their college era though management business was never his major interest, yet Hoya was still awed with the way his boss handled the complicated situation in their office. Hoya never could guess the next step that would be taken by Woohyun, he could made a sudden change in his act though they had made another decision discussed beforehand –made Hoya almost suffered a heart attack because it concerned the viability of their company. But still nothing could prepare Hoya when after almost fifteen minutes he had small chats with Yoon Bora –“How’s work in our company? What do you think about our company anniversary party last night? Did you enjoy it?” Hoya almost ran out of topic, shouldn’t it be Woohyun to know more and get closer to this girl? –Woohyun finally decided to open his mouth, and that man started with, “let me get to the point.”

Hoya consciously held his breath in, afraid to miss the next words from Woohyun. Why did he say that? It was clearly not a smart starter word for a gentleman who wanted to make a relationship with a girl. What did his intention? The beat of Hoya’s heart rose, afraid if on the next second Woohyun would really put out a contract sheet in front of Bora. Hoya really hoped Woohyun let him leave the café before Bora came, so he didn’t have to feel this nervous. He caught a glance of Bora’s groggy brief stare at him, that girl must be more confuse than him.

“Yoon Bora-ssi,” Woohyun called the girl name in calm manner, seemed oblivious with the oppressed mood of Hoya and Bora. He continued, spelt out each word slowly and prudently. “Yoon Bora, in the party last night, very pretty and dazzling, really fascinated me. I’ll go straight in asking this.” Woohyun set his eyes stared deeply into Bora’s big orbs; hands clasped under his chin, showed off his charismatic aura.

Now both of Hoya and Bora held their breath in anticipation. Woohyun wouldn’t ask Bora out in front of Hoya, right? Hoya hoped so, and he started sweating in his seat. , why do I become the one with butterflies in the stomach? He is not proposing to me! Aigomonina, it feels so awkward for me, being their third wheel.

“Where did you buy it?”

“Eh?”

Hoya blinked his eyes in confusion, he couldn’t grasp the situation as if his brain stopped working –until he just remembered that it caused by lack of oxygen supply to it, so he hurriedly take some breath in. He took a quick glance to Bora who clearly had the confused expression in her pretty face.

Woohyun clicked his tongue because of lack of response from the girl in front of him. In Hoya’s eyes, Woohyun almost lost his patience, but tried best to hide it –Woohyun was never someone who had enough patient, moreover to his subordinate or to people who he though unimportant and didn’t bring benefits to him. “Yoon Bora-ssi?” Woohyun curtly demanded an answer from his previous question.

“Ahahha, I am so sorry. I am afraid that I don’t understand what was Mr. Nam talking about,” Bora let out a soft giggle, to cover her grogginess apparently. Once again that young girl glanced at Hoya, but Hoya also had no idea what did Woohyun mean with his question.

“Your high heels, where did you buy it, Yoon Bora-ssi?”

xxx

 

Hoya really had to trust his feeling more –earlier in the morning he had a feeling that his weekend would be ruined and thanks to Woohyun, it really did– and in addition had to bravely take an action to avoid his presage. He should just ignored his phone when it rang so early this morning and didn’t pick it up, so he didn’t obliged to drag his dead tired body to Woohyun’s apartment. He should just stayed behind in Sunggyu’s place and let Woohyun met the girl alone. More importantly, he really should just leave the café before Yoon Bora arrived, so he shouldn’t have to bear this frustration. What he thought as an expedition to search for Woohyun’s love turned out to be Woohyun’s attempt to find a good gift for his mother’s incoming birthday. Since the very first all talks about the ‘slim, tall, ridiculously y, stunning and an instant eye-catcher’, also ‘very pretty and dazzling, really fascinated me’ were never descriptions about a girl, it was all about the kill heels. No wonder Woohyun simply rejected Hoya’s accuses flatly about falling in love. Now Hoya really understood why Woohyun hoped the girl just left her shoe, to make it easier, because that man never had any intention to meet her, he just wanted to know more about the shoes.

After Yoon Bora fled off from the café –not before she told Woohyun the brand of her shoes and where he could buy another similar pair, along with some forced high tone laughs. Hoya guessed that girl actually had an expectation from their meeting and now felt a bit disappointed– and in their way back, Woohyun couldn’t stop blabbering about the kill heel, how the transparent and glasslike heel would look perfect on his mother’s feet and there wouldn’t any better present for her. Though Hoya still had no idea about the appearance of the shoes, he didn’t deny his boss because Mrs. Nam was a chic woman, despite of her old age she still looked young and always dressed in style.

“Call the boutique, asked for additional personal touch to differentiate the heels’ design from the vendible in their shop. I entrust you to come up with a unique and good design, ask Sunggyu-hyung to help you choose the design, that hyung actually has more sense of fashion than you. Ah, and for the last time, erase that scowl form your handsome, Hoya-yah, you’ll just scare Gyu-hyung away. You should be grateful that I just arrange another date for you, which is today. Bye, see you in Monday with a good news about the high heels.” By that Woohyun drove away his expensive car, after dropped Hoya unceremoniously in front of Sunggyu’s apartment building.

And that was how Hoya’s Saturday morning passed. Woohyun was still and undoubtedly not a prince charming –but a good son material. Woohyun was still single, but at least Hoya wasn't. Hoya then turned to walk up to his new lover.

*End*

 

 

     

  [T h e    P r i n c e]            [T h e     A i d e]            [T h e    P u r s u e r]

 

 

***

Hope you didn't disappointed with the end XD

If I have time maybe I'll write a side story about the-obedient-yet-grumpy-secretary manly-Hoya with the-forever-hungry cutie-Sunggyu in the future, hehhe..