The Cinderella

Cinderella Prince
T h e    C i n d e r e l l a

 

“Name, Yoon Bora. Position, a staff in finance department. Height, 165 cm. Turn out she is older than you by a year,” Hoya flipped the papers in his hand, printout data of their suspected-to-be-Woohyun’s-Cinderella from Sunggyu’s database. He peeked from above his papers to Woohyun who looked more concerned on his drink rather than on listened to Hoya’s rumble. Hoya played down on Woohyun’s ignorance-looking state, he knew his boss actually kept his ear open to Hoya’s word –based on years of experience working as his secretary. Hoya really hoped Woohyun actually didn’t mind being with a girl that older than him, furthermore she was only one year older. But, so far Hoya knew him, Woohyun was always surrounded with older people –his mother, his uncle, his aunt, his business partner, the old managers of their company; Woohyun was still too young to be a CEO of any company, according to Hoya’s opinion– and he dealt with them well. Compared to when Woohyun had to face someone younger –e.g. at Hoya, Woohyun always made curt responses, summoned Hoya in ungodly hour, and didn’t treat the younger well; still according to Hoya’s opinion– Woohyun seemed like he was born to please older people.

“Are you sure didn’t remember this face?” Hoya shoved the photo of suspected-to-be-Woohyun’s-Cinderella that attached on the upper right corner of his printout under Woohyun’s face. The girl was pretty with her bright eyes, straight nose and thin reddish lips, the camera captured the front view of her up to the half torso along with her lovely smile, Hoya never seen someone who could make a formal photo looked so beautiful like her. Weren’t usually photo ID supposed to look like a crap? Even the handsome and full of confidence Woohyun couldn’t feel proud with his ID-card photo.

Woohyun just glance less than one second to the photo before shrugged his shoulder lightly and back to slurp his warm honey tea.

Hoya scoffed at his boss, how could someone forget this kind of face? Hoya never saw her before, he had no business with regular employees on no account, but if he ever faced her once he sure he wouldn’t ever forget her face. They weren’t work in the entertainment field where pretty faces were walk around anywhere they turned their face, moreover wasn’t she made Woohyun couldn’t stop thinking about her since last night and also made him hurriedly summoned Hoya so early in the morning? How dare Woohyun said that he didn’t remember her face? Must be just his damn too high pride that made him denied the fact that he was fall for her just in one night, and also lied that he couldn’t remember her, Hoya sighed. He then set the papers aside and enjoyed his drink too.

Hoya had just called Yoon Bora few minutes ago, introduced himself as the secretary of her company CEO, apologized for calling so sudden in the weekend and asked for her time. The girl sounded so groggy –not her fault, Hoya thought, everyone must felt the same if in her position– but Hoya assured her that nothing was wrong; she didn’t make any mistakes in her job. She then agreed to have their meeting in a café near her place –because Woohyun didn’t want to pay a random visit on a girl’s apartment that live alone. Hoya drove Woohyun’s car to the said café and here they were, sat on a table on the corner near the large glass-wall where they could see people outside passing by, waiting for Yoon Bora, a girl that suspected-to-be-Woohyun’s-Cinderella.

“Shouldn’t I leave?” Suddenly Hoya asked after a brief quiet moment.

Woohyun raised one of his eyebrows, but his eyes kept stare outside through the glass-wall, asked with his monotonous tone. “Why should you?”

Hoya cleared his throat, how should he explain the concept of third-wheel to his arrogant and thickheaded boss. “Uh, because you need time for just the two of you? Because it will be more comfortable if there are only two people when you want to know more about each other?” Hoya tried, but he was not sounded convince even for himself.

“Why do we want to know more about each other?” Woohyun blinked his eyes slowly, now averted his eyes on Hoya.

Hoya didn’t sure he want to brick himself or just want to face-palm, Woohyun did know the basic of engaged in a relationship with someone that not in a business-involved, didn’t he? He wouldn’t offer her papers with big letter on the front read ‘love contract’ when made her as his lover, would he?

“Ah, I think that’s our girl coming,” Woohyun said as a sound of bell that attached on the café front door tingled –Hoya didn’t like the way Woohyun addressed her as our girl, wasn’t she suppose to be Woohyun’s girl–, and a tall and slim girl with simple flower-print mini-dress came to their view from behind the door. Hoya raised his hand and waved to the girl –because Woohyun did nothing–, she immediately noticed him, thanks to the not so full café.

Hoya played gentleman and lent Yoon Bora a hand to sit on a chair, who smiled thankfully to him as she flicked her black long hair. Hoya also helped her to order a drink from the waiter because she was too nervous to do it herself –she looked so jittery Hoya was so sure she would jump from her seat if Woohyun started to speak to her.

So, Hoya decided to open their conversation first, in attempted to try to make her more comfortable around them.

*

 

[Yoon Bora_The Cinderella]

 

 

***

Look, who decided to (finally) updated her story. I'm so sorry for update so late, can I blame it to writerblock??