The Prince and The Aide

Cinderella Prince

Before you read, I wanna say sorry for updating it so late, I was having my exams T_T and didn't have much time to write so it's just a short chapter, but I'll write longer for the next chapter.

Next, if you decided to subs/read this fic because you hope something amazing like my previous story, sorry for ruining your expectation, this one is just a light reading. But I hope you are still enjoying it :)

***

 

T h e    P r i n c e

 

As Hoya opened the door and slipped his body inside, he welcomed with a loud bark –no, not from a puppy, because the superior man who owned that apartment room had an allergic to animal hair–  from the owner of the room who sat arrogantly in his chair, one leg adjusted on the other knee.

“Yah Lee Howon! Didn’t I tell you to come here as soon as possible?”

Though his boss as a matter of fact addressed him with his real name, which only happened when they were talking about office issues in official forum, Hoya just let a wide yawn passed from his mouth and waved his hand unceremoniously. “It’s the soonest I can afford.”

Because, , it was Saturday and they’re not even in the office, no need to act as a good employee. Hoya landed his bottom in a sofa to sit across his boss and looked at that man questioningly. Hoya didn’t understand why he’d been summoned to his boss’ apartment and also didn’t understand how could that man already looked presentable to the world at seven in the morning –Hoya glanced at his watch, no, scratched that, it was six-forty-three in the morning, and once again, it was Saturday. Even if last night he didn’t attend a party until two in the morning, he won’t ever already woke up before nine in Saturday. Compared to himself who only has a pair of blue-jeans pants with thin shirt clung to his lean body and hair in mess, that president of Nam-Tech Inc. wore a dark jeans, his white shirt covered with brown sweater, a white scarf wrapped around his neck, and his hair was oh-so-neat, not even a single strand off-tracked.

“Are you going to meet someone?” Hoya thought that his boss was a real jerk who summoned him early in the weekend morning but didn’t explain anything, not even until he already sat in front of him and voiced his query.

His boss raised the mug in his hand to his reddish lips and gulped its contents –white milk, because that man believed it was way healthier than black coffee and helped him maintained his six-pack– before answered calmly. “Yes, and you’re going with me.”

Hoya heard his stomach growled faintly and he eyed the mug in his boss’ hand jealously, wouldn’t that man have any intention to offer anything? He really wanted to ask for something to tame his stomach, but instead he asked another question. “Is it an office affair?” It was unusual for them to go somewhere together just to hang out; it was always office matter. Well, they used to, but not anymore.

“Yes.” The boss put the empty mug on the table in front of him.

“No way, your clothes are way too informal,” accused Hoya, though his eyes were far from the man’s clothes, they’re on the soft-green mug that rested on the fancy table, hoped the other man was sensitive enough to understand what he wanted.

His boss clicked his tongue, answered in annoyed tone. “Don’t mind my clothes, the one I want to meet is my own employee, not a businessman from other company, it’s already good enough. Also I’m going to talk about something that happened in the office yesterday, I think it is office affair much.”

“Can’t it wait until Monday? And why should I go with you?” Hoya whined, felt tired, sleepy, hungry and not in the mood to attend any meeting. He reclined his body to the chair back, accepted the fate for not having any drink or anything edible from this man, either he was so insensible or just stingy.

“No, it can’t, and should I remind you that you’re my secretary, you ought to come with me to every single meeting.” The almighty boss explained in the way a teacher explained to his student that one plus one is equal two, it’s crystal clear and you couldn’t debate against it, irrefutable.

Hoya protruded his lower lip. “Alright, alright, you win. Now tell me who will we meet and where is the meeting place?”

His boss flashed his smile, way too innocently. “Well, I don’t know. That’s why I called you, you will find this girl for me.”

“Arrgh, Nam Woohyun!” Hoya groaned, ruffled his hair in frustration, just to make it like a bird nest more. Never in his life he wanted to land a punch in his boss’ handsome face that bad, maybe a bruise in that too sharp jaw would relieve his vexation.

*

 

 

T h e    A i d e

 

“So, let me clarify this, you met a girl in our office party last night and you want to meet her again but you don’t know her name nor his position?” Hoya summarized the five-minutes story he just heard from his boss into one sentence.

Woohyun nodded his head once, looked satisfy that Hoya understand. But Hoya was far from in an understanding state; he got angrier because it was not something you could categorize as an office affair, more or less, and by any means he had a feeling that his weekend would be ruined, if not already.

As Woohyun continued almost in dreamy state, Hoya felt uneasy in his stomach and he was sure this time it was not because he was hungry. “She wore an exact definition of a kill heel, slim, tall, ridiculously y, stunning and an instant eye-catcher. I want, no, I need to meet her again. And you, Hoya, my incredible and competent secretary, I believe you can find this girl.”

Hoya was not lulled with the praise from his boss, the only reason he willingly helped Woohyun because he also wanted to meet that girl, just so he could borrow her shoes and tried its effectiveness by kicking his boss, was them really could kill? They didn’t named as kill heel for no reason, right? No, kidding. Hoya helped Woohyun because as long as Hoya knew him –four years in the college plus five years he worked for him– it was the first time Woohyun paid any attention to a girl. There were some rumors saying that Woohyun was gay but in reality it just because that man was too hardworking to let another thing besides office matters dominated his mind. Hoya didn’t want his friend to be a forever alone. Woohyun already had everything a man wanted to, wealth and employment, and the only left was a nice girlfriend or maybe even a wife beside him –and just so Hoya could avoided the continuation of the rumor that saying he was Woohyun’s gay pairing because they always stick together. Urgh, even if Hoya was gay he will never choose this man as his mate, he had a high standard. Sure his boss had the wealth and the face, but he was also his old friend, Hoya knew too much of his poorness of quality and it made him lost appetite.

Hoya blinked his eyes once, tried to make sure he’s not imagining thing, to make sure that Woohyun was really gazed at the wall in that starry eyed. “You are in love.”

“No, I’m not.” Woohyun declared, too fast and too flat, not even turned his head away from the empty wall, and Hoya didn’t believe him.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, Woohyun. I just need to make an announcement saying that our dear president is looking for someone, describe her feature or more precisely what she wore last night in the party, then posted it in our company’s mailing list group. I ensure you we will get the result before our lunch time.”

“No! You can’t do that, it will tainted my reputation.” Finally Hoya could make Woohyun faced him, pointed a finger to emphasize his ban.

Hoya really wanted to scoff, what reputation do you mean? Until he remembered. Oh right, you are the president of a famous and worldwide company, of course you can’t be spotted making an announcement that you are looking for one of your female employee. Other people may assume and think not good and it could grow into the wrong direction, a.k.a rumor. Then, long-short story ruin our company credit. Huff, if only people just mind their own business and not being so nosy. So Hoya stated, “then I won’t use your name, see I even offering to use my own name.”

“No, don’t,” Woohyun replied weakly, now tried to act as a poor puppy, enlarged his eyes and Hoya really had a soft spot for baby animals.

“Okay, let’s just go to SungGyu-hyung, then.” So far it was the only way out Hoya could think with his sleep-deprived mind. No, don’t judge, he didn’t try to delegate away his job, ehm, just transferred it to someone more capable with full information provided.

Woohyun raised one of his eyebrows, tilted his head a little to the left. “And why do we have to meet this Sunggyu-guy?”

Hoya stared at him judgingly. “Because he’s the Head of HRD in our company, he has the database for all the workers. Describe your girl to him and he’ll help you find her. And don’t call him this Sunggyu-guy, he’s our senior in college, don’t act like you don’t know him, duh.”

Woohyun’s face brightened at Hoya’s explanation. “Ah, Kim Sunggyu, right? You can’t expect me to remember all of our friends, Hoya, I meet more than twenty new acquaintances everyday, and somehow it makes me lose the ability to remember name and face,” Woohyun pouted childishly, and Hoya really needed someone to remain him again why did he let this man became his boss. Sure, he was the one who applied for this company, but never aimed this kind of position, secretary and doubled as personal assistant.

“Come on, what are we waiting for? You drive,” Woohyun jumped off from his seat in peppy, grabbed one of his car keys on the shelf and passed it to Hoya.

“At least lend me one of your jacket, I forgot to grab mine because I rushed here, and it’s so cold outside,” Hoya groaned while pushing himself up from the couch that started to feel too comfy to be left. He took the last glance to the mug on the table while touched his empty stomach and tailed his boss to the front door.

*

 

 

[Nam Woohyun_The Prince]

[Lee Howon (Hoya)_The Aide]